King of The Ring 2020

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Yeah! Fuck this contest!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
6-1 and I lost to a perfect round because he changed picks so he wouldn't have the same as me :heston I played myself. It's all up to you now Haza.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I'm hoping to keep that momentum for the next Show and reach those finals. Whatever it takes.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Congrats to the ones who made it to the semifinals. I want to refrain for my comment above. It was my fault for not paying much attention to things therefore I apologize for my behavior. Good luck to you four guys.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Good job I never cared about the title anyway, King of the Ring is where I will be truly crowned

:pals: .W.O

Reactions: Chris

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Imagine being elminated and people just no showing.

Smh.

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
WPClogo1.png

KOTRannounce.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to another edition of the King of the Ring event centre!

After the results of this past weekends Sendoku Lord show, we now have our semi-finalists for the 2020 King of the Ring tournament.

We also now know that these Semi-Finals will take place at the first ever WPC SuperCard Event, which will take place on the weekend beginning the 22nd of August and encompass predictions for both NXT30 and Summerslam.

The winners of those two semi-finals will then head into battle at the King of the Ring finals which will take place at AEW All Out on September 5th

The World Prediction Championship, currently held by the first ever two-time Champion Blaze will of course, be defended at both of those events as well BUT will also be defended at New Japan Pro Wrestlings NJPW Summer Struggle in Jingu on August 29th

As we get closer to the Semi-Finals we'll be taking a look at the participants involved but for now, take a look at the updated bracket and tell us about who you think is going to be crowned the Wrestling Smarks WPC King of the Ring below:

R3-Bracket.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
NXT30 and Summerslam hell yeah. I gotta be smart and go with my gut more. It got me this far time to continue it and reach the finals.

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
How can I sign up for this as it looks good, I've just quit pwa on wrestling forum as I won a grand slam in only four months and it became more of a chore then fun after doing this, my picks got worse and then I put my career on the line and lost, anyone how do I join, as @ davey the other day but got no response,

Thanks guys and gals.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
How can I sign up for this as it looks good, I've just quit pwa on wrestling forum as I won a grand slam in only four months and it became more of a chore then fun after doing this, my picks got worse and then I put my career on the line and lost, anyone how do I join, as @ davey the other day but got no response,

Thanks guys and gals.
There's no sign up. Just post your predictions in the thread of the next show and you'll be added to the rankings after the event

Cheers

Reactions: Carter

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
But he should know he can’t be in the King of the Ring.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Carter

Davey Wrestling

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa

HUB.png

The Worlds Premier Pro-Wrestling Prediction Competition
Welcome to the World Prediction Championship Hub!

The go-to Prediction Competition for pro-wrestling fans around the world, the World Prediction Championship is designed to be simple for competitors to enter and enjoy. There is no sign up to join and all new members need to do to become a participant is to make predictions in the active prediction thread. All members of WrestlingSmarks are welcome to join the fun and you can use the links at the top of this post to find out everything you need to know to do just that.

This post and thread will be used to keep everybody up to date with the competition, the latest events, any rule changes or additions.

So, check out the rules, familiarise yourself with our champion and take a look at the schedule to see when you want begin your World Prediction Championship career, right here on WrestlingSmarks!

Current Event: AEW All Out [September 5th]
Reigning World Prediction Champion:
Blaze [3]
Current Tournament Stage: King of the Ring Final

Menu Breakdown:
  • WPC Hub: This thread right here, the homepage for WPC action
  • Rules: The Rules of Engagement for the Competition. How it works and how to get involved.
  • Schedule: A list of upcoming WPC events and dates
  • History/Records: A record of Rankings Tables and results
  • WPC Title History: Checkout a breakdown of the current champions performance and the history of title holders
  • World Rankings: The World Prediction Rankings - how do you stack up against the rest of the roster?
  • Tournaments: Currently linking to the King of the Ring thread, this will be used to host records of our Tournaments
Use this thread to discuss any ideas or suggestions you might have to improve our prediction competition too!

Last edited:
Reactions: Doom and Chris

Davey Wrestling

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
OK guys and gals; after a few days of experimenting I've decided that the best way to organise the WPC is via different threads which all link back to each other at the top of the first post. This way you can easily post about any subject of the WPC that you want and still easily find any information you need without hunting through the forum.

This should make navigation a little easier - we'll see how it goes.

Reactions: Doom and Chris

Davey Wrestling

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa

tournaments.png

KOTRannounce.jpg
Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you're enjoying the break from your WPC competition - we are now a little over a week away from our predictors getting back into competive action with our very first ever WPC Supershow! This event will include match predictions for both NXT30 and WWE Summerslam but, more importantly will see both the World Prediction Championship defended in Champion vs the World action (in what is number one of only 3 remaining Champion vs the World title defenses).

We will also see the much anticipated Semi-Finals of the WrestlingSmarks/WPC King of the Ring event take place....

If you're interested in checking out how our Champion has performed so far then you can see a full breakdown of their success, and failures, by clicking the "WPC Title History" link in the table above my head.

Then, when you're done with strategising on how you're going to beat our champion and take his title, what we're going to do below is take a look at how the competitors in our King of the Ring Semi-Final 1 Match stack up against each other.

Take a look at the numbers and lets talk through what we see.

Blaze-Vs-God.png
As we can see, both participants are WPC veterans, appearing at all 8 WPC events so far and both have equal records in NXT predictions.... but the Reigning World Prediction Champion, who will be pulling double duty at our Supershow, has a superior record in WWE events for a winning pct of 0.517 vs 0.414 which may give him the advantage here.

Blaze has proven to be able to perform on the grandest stage and is the only person to have held the World Prediction Championship twice, BUT has only managed a Vs record of one win and one draw so far. Of course, Blaze qualified for the semi-finals from the most decorated portion of the bracket - After battling to a draw with Doom in round 1 Blaze eliminated both Lady Hotrod and Doom in Round 2 to reach the Semi-Finals. Lady Hotrod eliminated the most successful World Prediction Champion of all time, OMB, in Round 1before falling to Blaze and Doom being the individual that ended Blazes first World Championship reign back in May.

Currently ranked number 12 in the World compared to Blazes number 8, God may well be considered the underdog here. However, God has been the underdog since entering the tournament as the 16th seed and since then has put together a perfect record in Vs competition. After eliminating the tournaments number one seed, Jimmy King, in round one, God then went on to out-perform Grim and the then-reigning World Prediction Champion, Davey Wrestling, in round 2 to give himself a perfect 2-0-0 record in Vs competition.

So there we have it ladies and gentlemen, will the most decorated WPC competitor so far add a King of the Ring finals appearance to his growing resume, or will the underdog that turns on the style when the pressure is on walk out the victor?

Let us know your thoughts below and remember, you can use the new WPC Hub thread to catch up with the latest World Prediction Championship news and put forwards your thoughts and suggestions on improving our competition.

The Event Centre will return on Friday with a look at the competitors in our second King of the Ring Semi-Final.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I love a good underdog story, sorry Blaze I'm on the Smark bandwagon here.