Kenny Omega war of words on Twitter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
See putting it this way is a reasonable take. Yeah he doesn’t need to and I agree 100%. But sometimes emotions can get the best of you and you get into these little spats. We shouldn’t expect anyone to just take it over and over agaib. Despite how dumb what they are saying might be

Yeah I dont expect people to always take the high road (and I obviously don't do this myself either), but that doesn't mean i don't wish they would when shit like this happens lmao

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
So my question to some people here is…

Why do you feel Kenny Omega needs to defend himself? Once again, this is some nobody talking shit. And it’s not like Omega has the track record of a Velveteen Dream.

Let that shit roll down your back

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah I dont expect people to always take the high road (and I obviously don't do this myself either), but that doesn't mean i don't wish they would when shit like this happens lmao
Then yeah we can agree here slightly. I wish they would take the high road, but I also understand sometimes you just gotta shut a mother fucker down. If this was one of them times is up for debate

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Treating the twitter trolls like I do Swamps doesn't seem like a bad idea tbf

Shiiiiiit, you know you get a kick out of my crap! Besides, you mention me a lot when I ain't around. I'm the Chris Farley to your David Spade, pal!

Agreed but again swamp n thousands of others don't harass you personally everyday is the point.

I know Mr. Tiny Feet with the silicone belly,, has me on ignore, sooo....

Thousands of others don't..... but everyone knows I harass the shit out of Chris! He takes it like a champ too.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So my question to some people here is…

Why do you feel Kenny Omega needs to defend himself? Once again, this is some nobody talking shit. And it’s not like Omega has the track record of a Velveteen Dream.

Let that shit roll down your back

Before I answer, let me ask this. Do you ever have bad days, where you reply to something that normally you laugh off, or let roll off your back? I’m not sure if that’s the case here, I’m not Kenny so idk what type of day he is having or has been having. But to answer your question, sometimes you are just having such a shit day or couple of shit days and when people like you, you blow up. It’s human nature. Like we don’t know how he’s been, dude right now can’t be doing what he loves because he’s having to heal up so I’m sure his mental state probably isn’t exactly the best, and that probably has him down a little bit. So you have these idiot trolls coming in piling on your already horrible mood and you blow up. I’ve been there, so if that is the case I understand why he did it

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
You even say the reaction was bad here yourself lol did you change your mind or was it bc you weren't entertained either
I'm not judging you and yes I'm challenging my own initial reaction as well and exploring what a bad reaction really is. Because the more I'm thinking about it I don't really mind someone having a human reaction as opposed to a curated one. I'm not saying anyone is dumb or lesser for not seeing that way though. Just thought it was an interesting way to try and look at it from a different lense.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I will say I def don't equate this with a coked out Tony Khan telling Big Swole she couldn't wrestle probably from the bathroom of some NYE party lmao

Since I've seen people group this together as a negative on AEW people tweeting and shit already. Two completely different situations IMO, just happened to take place on Twitter

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm not judging you and yes I'm challenging my own initial reaction as well and exploring what a bad reaction really is. Because the more I'm thinking about it I don't really mind someone having a human reaction as opposed to a curated one. I'm not saying anyone is dumb or lesser for not seeing that way though. Just thought it was an interesting way to try and look at it from a different lense.
^ and to follow up on this I can also see why some would find his reaction distasteful because they themselves domt react that way/see themselves as a more level headed person and maybe even like Kenny. Being dissapointed is certainly understandable

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I will say I def don't equate this with a coked out Tony Khan telling Big Swole she couldn't wrestle probably from the bathroom of some NYE party lmao

Since I've seen people group this together as a negative on AEW people tweeting and shit already. Two completely different situations IMO, just happened to take place on Twitter
Oh yeah, Tony surely was out of line with the whole “can’t wrestle.” Part of the tweet, like that was uncalled for and people wanting to compare the two gotta step back

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Meh, Tony Khan is a fan boy just trying to get acceptance, and can't handle any negative comments.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Then can I ask what would be the right time in your eyes? When is it okay to defend yourself? When isn’t it? Like I just don’t understand why someone should be quiet if being harassed. Maybe I see it differently as I understand how sometimes a bad day can make you reply to shit, and you just don’t understand that feeling. Maybe you do tho who knows. As I’ve said before, we’re all human and we all handle things differently. To think everyone should handle everything the same as you is quite silly.
Defend yourself from every negative comment if it makes them feel better, I just think it's a massive waste of time and energy and you don't get any good out of it.

As to when it's ok? That's hard to narrow down given the endless options but definitely not baseless, outlandish accusations such as these.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh yeah, Tony surely was out of line with the whole “can’t wrestle.” Part of the tweet, like that was uncalled for and people wanting to compare the two gotta step back

And in his case I'd actually agree a response was more warranted than Kenny...his was just so bad he also shouldn't have replied :lol

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Defend yourself from every negative comment if it makes them feel better, I just think it's a massive waste of time and energy and you don't get any good out of it.

As to when it's ok? That's hard to narrow down given the endless options but definitely not baseless, outlandish accusations such as these.
Then we are gonna have to just agree to disagree. Because as I said countless times, and clearly it’s nothing you deal with or you understand, sometimes having a shit day can make you emotional as fuck and you reply to stuff maybe you should ignore, and I sure as hell will defend anyone in that case as I’m the same way. Walk a mile in someone’s shoe before you judge them

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
So, like if I created a twitter and started trolling Omega, I could become famous? Excuse me while I go and make one really quick with an anime pic and all.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Then we are gonna have to just agree to disagree. Because as I said countless times, and clearly it’s nothing you deal with or you understand, sometimes having a shit day can make you emotional as fuck and you reply to stuff maybe you should ignore, and I sure as hell will defend anyone in that case as I’m the same way. Walk a mile in someone’s shoe before you judge them

I still feel like he's saying the same thing I am that you told me I made a good point about lmao

You even seem to agree when you say "stuff you should ignore." Sometimes we just don't ignore it and then we get this lol

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze