• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kane

noumenon

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Kane has been absolutely phenomenal over the past few weeks? It's always been known that the guy can cut a killer promo, but all jokes aside... it's like someone has lit a fire under the guy's ass. Sure say what you will "Big Red Jobber" ect ect but it still stands that Kane has always been a valid and important "monster" figure in the WWE. Over the past few weeks we've seen shows almost completely revolve around Kane and his path of destruction trying to find out who "killed" his brother. Obviously like most I'm leaning towards it turning out to be Kane leading to yet another Kane/Undertaker feud. Though this one feels a little different, that it could turn out to be what all of the others should have been.

So... do you guys think Kane is possibly finally ready for a World Title reign? There's no disputing he's over no matter what he's doing. He can talk to the talk and still get the job done in the ring for the most part. Should Kane be given an overhaul and see if the Big Red Jobber can once again become the Big Red Machine for one last run?

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Kane is one of those guys just like Taker that will constantly be over no matter what. Honestly, I stand by my saying that he attacked Taker and is being extremely delusional about. Great stuff. His in ring hasn't gotten shabby for a guy his size and age another world title reign won't hurt at all. Been saying this since RTWM: Kane's years with WWE are surely numbered, but he's going to start stepping his game up and retire with a bang.

chessarmy

Reaction score
I don't want to see a Kane World Title run especially with WWE's youth movement in full effect, he can stay in the midcard where he belongs. As for his promos and overall performance over the last few weeks, I agree that he's been pretty awesome and if it wasn't for the stupid background music, his promo on Smackdown! last Friday would have been absolute gold.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I haven't seen SmackDown! in awhile because of the NHL playoffs, but I did see some of it on Youtube and I can't believe how he can go from barely getting airtime to making the rest of the show look like complete shit with just one promo. SmackDown! is lacking and I can't believe I am saying this but Kane has the potential to fill that void, depending on where this storyline goes.

Reaction score
I've always liked Kane. When he debuted (and for that matter his time during the "Attitude Era"), he was truly something unique. They booked him as unstoppable, and they were wise when they used him as a means of introducing gimmick matches like the Inferno Match (Fuck YOU PG WWE. We'll never see it again :mad: ).

With how many bullshit pushes and yearly "buryings" he's had to endure, I hope this is his chance to be a champion for a decent long run. If we have to see Undertaker vs Kane again, the only way I want to see it done is for Kane to retire the Undertaker and Taker to really put Kane over in his final match. That'd be Kane's "trademark" characteristic "The man who RETIRED the Undertaker"

Kaedon

Reaction score
Kane has always been ready for a world title run, and this angle proves it. Why? Well 1, it came out of NOWHERE, and 2, he (like always be it great angle or shit) he's pulling it off amazingly and making it compelling, must see TV as it's now THE reason to watch SD because it's certainly more compelling than Jack Thwagger!

Reaction score
Swagger's over though. Really over though. A better phrase would have been: must see TV as it's now THE reason to watch SD because it's certainly more compelling than Drew "Gay Swashbuckler" McIntyre putting me in a comatose state everytime he appears on screen.

maty619

Reaction score
Kane is currently awesome, but I don't see him winning the title for a while, he will most certainly be going into a fairly lengthy program with whoever has attacked Taker, or Taker himself, that will not invlolve the strap, assuming it isn't either of the champs. I think after he has dealt with this Taker thing and teamed up with him for a while (this is assuming it isn't him) it will certainly be time for him to get the title and he will be a credible champ. Can't wait to see where this is going.

-TJ-

Reaction score
Kane's career has been sad. He's been deserving of multiple title runs, but has only gotten one, and that lasted a day. Look how good he was. He was brought here to put Undertaker over, but now Kane is one of the guys who the fans will always love, no matter how much he jobs to main eventers. I really wanted him to have a title run, I wanted him to have three at the least. Kane is still good in the ring and I'd enjoy him having one. As we can already tell Kane's getting that pushed, because he didn't job to Sheamus... >.<

-TJ-

Reaction score
Or maybe they want to build Kane to it. Mysterio in technical standards has been in a upper mid card feud with CM Punk... And Kane has recently done... What? I'm sure Kane will face Swagger at Summerslam or The Bash and start a program feud from there.

Axis

Reaction score
I'm also curious about the source of your claim, McFly. Furthermore, if the backstage area was clear of politics, who do you think the bookers would have chosen? Not your opinion on who they should have chosen, but who they would have chosen if the alleged politicking was absent.