Just Thinking Ahead To The Rumble

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Barrett is another guy I could see winning the Rumble. I don't really want it, at all because he's regressed since returning, whether it's the new gimmick they've given him or what, he just hasn't been very good. I was calling for a feud between him and Sheamus before he returned, but now, not so much.

It's because he could have main evented back in 2008 and 2009, but he had to get steamrolled by SuperCena, then got relegated to that awful "Corre" stable (which was doomed to be an instant failure) then became a jobber.

He could easily main event again, but they need to let the frickin' man TALK!!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's because he could have main evented back in 2008 and 2009, but he had to get steamrolled by SuperCena, then got relegated to that awful "Corre" stable (which was doomed to be an instant failure) then became a jobber.

He could easily main event again, but they need to let the frickin' man TALK!!

Nexus was '10.

And he cut a pretty damn good promo last week on Raw backstage with AJ Lee, I'll agree that he's a good talker, but man his ring work is severely lacking at the moment.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Nexus was '10.

And he cut a pretty damn good promo last week on Raw backstage with AJ Lee, I'll agree that he's a good talker, but man his ring work is severely lacking at the moment.

Nexus was '10? Hmm. Thought it was further back. Thanks.

Blujay

Reaction score
I'd say Cena, Ryback, Barrett, Ziggler and Kofi are my top picks with Kofi being a dark horse. I'm only saying Ziggler as an option just because I like the idea of him having two guaranteed title shots at Wrestlemania. I also wouldn't mind a unique finish this year like the final two hitting the floor at the same time. When was the last time that happened?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd say Cena, Ryback, Barrett, Ziggler and Kofi are my top picks with Kofi being a dark horse. I'm only saying Ziggler as an option just because I like the idea of him having two guaranteed title shots at Wrestlemania. I also wouldn't mind a unique finish this year like the final two hitting the floor at the same time. When was the last time that happened?

Batista/Cena in '05 I belive.

DashX

Reaction score
I think John Cena is going to win the rumble, since I think The Rock is going to beat CM Punk for the WWE title, it allows Cena to face The Rock again at Wrestlemania.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Well I was thinking about it and what if Swagger comes back to win it? I know its kind of a far fetched idea.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
All I want to see is a fresh face win it. Ryback for example. No more "Lets have a main eventer win" Thats stupid. Why waste an almost guaranteed main event push match on an already established star?

My picks would be Ryback, Sandow, Rhodes, Kingston, and Barrett in that Order.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I would say that they need to wait for rybacks push but, just look back when sheamus won the wwe title for the first time. His push was so sudden but, now he is the face of smackdown. So I could see ryback winning the Royal Rumble.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You're also forgetting he was relegated to midcard duty before that.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Nexus was '10.

I think it's because they took him more the brawler route. Which honestly, I don't agree with. I miss seeing Wasteland. That move for some reason always seemed impressive.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think it's because they took him more the brawler route. Which honestly, I don't agree with. I miss seeing Wasteland. That move for some reason always seemed impressive.

Didn't care for that move at all, I say he should finish with the Scrapbuster, but instead that's used to set up for his weak-ass elbow.

Anyway, back to the Rumble. Still don't see anyone who's just real likely to win it. At the moment, I think Rock beating Punk for the title & Cena winning the Rumble is most likely. Rock/Cena II just seems inevitable.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I would kind of half expect one half of Team Friendship to win it, and have the other half get all pissy. Would make for some good storyline. :p

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I would kind of half expect one half of Team Friendship to win it, and have the other half get all pissy. Would make for some good storyline. :p

One half of Team Friendship getting mad at the other half would be boring wouldn't ya' think? :Young:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I think you took what I said out of context. But you have to admit, something like that would make for some good television.