John Cena = Best of all time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
No. Look at it this way. If, during that six-month stretch, the Rock had also been inactive, the WWF would have been fine. HHH/Foley was drawing just fine. The fact is that, at that time, WCW was utter shit and the WWF was the only other option; and at the time the wrestling industry was booming. The WWF could have put out garbage (which most of the Attitude Era was, but that's another subject) and still have carried on strong. They did not need the Rock at all. Thus, he did not carry the company.

On the other hand, the WWF very well could have folded without Stone Cold. If he was never in the picture, I'm not confident that there would be a WWE today.

And with Cena, he has carried the company to whole new international markets. The company is BOOMING right now in foreign markets that are hot about Cena and the rest of the product right now. Since mid-2006, Cena has been the undeniable Ace of the product; without him, a huge chunk of the fanbase would have never been brought it.

The horny teenage girl fanbase?

I think Cena is excellent on the mike, but when it comes to the ring he just doesnt do it for me. I am amazed at his strength and think he is a good role model.
But over all, he's not the best.

Axis

The horny teenage girl fanbase?

I think Cena is excellent on the mike, but when it comes to the ring he just doesnt do it for me. I am amazed at his strength and think he is a good role model.
But over all, he's not the best.

You consider horny teenage girls to be an international market?

Reaction score
Like it or not John Cena is going into the Hall of Fame one day and will be considered one of the greatest of all time ( i hate to say it)

benny

Reaction score
Yeah, Cena is the Icon of this generation. Why wouldn't you consider Cena to be the best of all time?

MikeRaw

^Because he's not. Like you said, he's the best of this generation, but there's been a plethera of talent who can be considered better than him from the past. Being the best now doesn't make you the best of all time, cause i don't know if you noticed, but we're not exactly in the Golden Age of wrestling. I'm guessing you're 12 and aren't familiar with older greats?

Reaction score
Even Considering John Cena one of the greatest of all time is a slap in the face to any wrestling fan and any wrestler who ever laced up a pair of boots

John Cena is without a doubt going in the hall of fame and he without a doubt is extremely passionate for the business and gives his all for the business. It is also a fact that John Cena sells merchandise and gets a crowd response (good or bad) where ever he goes but to consider him the greatest is crazy.. Hulk Hogan is arguably considered the greatest because he revolutionzed the business and because he truly embodied what it meant to be a hero during the 80's...

Ric Flair is arguably considered the greatest because OF HIS LEGENDARY matches he put on in NWA and because of his 16 title reigns..... John Cena is a legend and is one of the greats in the industry but he is not in the same league as the Rock or Steve Austin or Hogan or flair or HBK or undertaker ..... Some people on here argue that Cena is better than the Rock and Austin.... for those people who believe that Cena is better than Austin or the ROck especially, take a look at John Cenas career and take a look at the career of the Rock and Austin and compare Cenas career to the Rock and Austins career to Cena...... I have the upmost respect for John Cena because he has earned it but he has not earned the title of greatest of all time

MikeRaw

Even Considering John Cena one of the greatest of all time is a slap in the face to any wrestling fan and any wrestler who ever laced up a pair of boots

John Cena is without a doubt going in the hall of fame and he without a doubt is extremely passionate for the business and gives his all for the business. It is also a fact that John Cena sells merchandise and gets a crowd response (good or bad) where ever he goes but to consider him the greatest is crazy.. Hulk Hogan is arguably considered the greatest because he revolutionzed the business and because he truly embodied what it meant to be a hero during the 80's...

Ric Flair is arguably considered the greatest because OF HIS LEGENDARY matches he put on in NWA and because of his 16 title reigns..... John Cena is a legend and is one of the greats in the industry but he is not in the same league as the Rock or Steve Austin or Hogan or flair or HBK or undertaker ..... Some people on here argue that Cena is better than the Rock and Austin.... for those people who believe that Cena is better than Austin or the ROck especially, take a look at John Cenas career and take a look at the career of the Rock and Austin and compare Cenas career to the Rock and Austins career to Cena...... I have the upmost respect for John Cena because he has earned it but he has not earned the title of greatest of all time

I don't know man, I would say he's probably in a class higher than HBK, when it's over. I can feel another debate coming here, with Airfixx and Next Big Thing just chomping at the bit to find something wrong with that statement, but it's true. Not because he's better in the ring, but because Cena will be one of the few who will be remembered as being THE guy. HBK and Taker were huge parts of WWE, past and present, and two of the all time greats. But they never carried the company the way Rock and Austin did, the way Hogan did, the way Flair did (to a lesser extent) and the way Cena is now.
On a side note, I'd also say that I think if Hogan was wrestling today, he'd draw the same reactions as Cena is. He woudln't be nearly as popular today, as he was in the 80's, if he was in his prime today.

Reaction score
haha well if it means anything.... at the 2009 Hall of Fame ceremony Vince Mcmahon said Stone Cold Steve Austin was the WWE greatest superstar... Vince said those words knowing his son in law was sitting front and center and John Cena was also in the crowd and so was HBK.... Steve Austin is the greatest superstar the company has ever seen

seX-Power

I believe how good a superstar is should be based on the things they can control, not the things they can't control. They can control charisma, ring skills and mic skills. They can't control their stance in the company as Vince decides who fits the bill as the face of a brand.

That being said, due to his talent and accomplishments, I think Cena is already in the top 10 guys of all time and will be in the top 5 by the time he retires.

aufman

Reaction score
John Cena best of all times! LOL! Yeah right. Jeff Hardy IS the BEST OF ALL TIMES!