JJ Resigns From TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
TNA's biggest PPV buyrates are theses:

1). Genesis 2006 (Joe vs Angle) – 60,000
2). Bound for Glory II (Sting vs Jarrett) – 55,000
3). Lockdown 2008 (Lockdown match plus Joe vs Angle) – 55,000
4). Final Resolution 2006 (Sting’s return to TNA) – 55,000
5). Bound for Glory I (Jarrett vs Rhino) – 40,000

Apparently their buyrates have slipped, but I dunno, these look right; still bad but by this, Joe is a top draw in TNA lol >.>
To think December to Dismember will always have did better business than them

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, as much of a fan I am of Jarrett, the dude was never really that over. He got his heat from Tennessee Lee and Debra.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
More like got his heat from Vince Russo by beating women.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
To think December to Dismember will always have did better business than them

December To Disemember was 60k too though... So it's equal to Genesis.

TNA still made a profit on majority of their PPVs as they most got somewhere between 25k-35k, with a PPV only costing $500k to run which is somewhere around 8k buys to break event.

Then again, apparently they were getting better buys in their 05-06 run than they are now, probably because the booking wasn't laughable...

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Former world champions tend to have more recognition with today's audience. Nash was a champion in WCW and WWE, in addition to being a founding member of the NWO, so his resumé blows Jarrett's out of the water as far as the fans are concerned. I tend to not even count TNA since hardly anyone watches it. Might as well be an indy company. If this was 1999, then a track record in a rival promotion would mean something, but that's changed considerably during the past 10 years and TNA hasn't even approached WCW's buy rates (even from WCW's worst years). I doubt even AJ Styles or Samoa Joe would get a ton of reaction unless the show was in Orlando or Styles's hometown. I think TNA just seems to fans today that it's bigger and more recognized than it really is simply because it's there and it's technically the #2 promotion. And even that is debatable considering it hemorrhages money, whereas companies like ROH actually turn a profit (and sometimes out-draw TNA).

I acknowledge JJ did something historically significant when he founded TNA, but before that, he was the most overrated wrestler on planet earth. Both WWE and WCW blew him up simply because he kept jumping ship back and forth between the two companies. They had to make him look relevant just so the fans would treat his return as a big deal. Debuts always did well for ratings in both companies, even if it was a shitty wrestler like JJ.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
RoH doesn't draw ratings though; and their iPPV buyrates are hit or miss, sometimes it's just above 1k, other times they are closer to 6k - All depends on the show, Chikara even does good iPPV numbers...

Thing is, if I buy an RoH iPPV, I feel like I'll get at least 2 thirty minutes match which not be the best psychology but a whirlwind of fun to watch; TNA doesn't give that anymore.