JJ Resigns From TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I just think at this point Vince doesn't give a fuck. There probably isn't any money to be made with JJ like Bret and Warrior and he dislikes him just as much so Vince is probably just saying fuck him.

Well you would have the oppurtunity to do something similar SIMILAR to the NWO mini invasion style angle the leader of TNA takes 4 or 5 members from TNA into wwe. WWE squashes them maybe make a star out of one of them like you did with booker.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well you would have the oppurtunity to do something similar SIMILAR to the NWO mini invasion style angle the leader of TNA takes 4 or 5 members from TNA into wwe. WWE squashes them maybe make a star out of one of them like you did with booker.
Are you equating WCW to TNA?

Does anyone honestly expect people to give two shits about Jeff Jarrett? Especially a WWE mark who only equates wrestling to WWE and doesn't know what else is out there.

TNA invasion......HA! can't even get in the building.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, I'm with Deezy on this one. I'd love to see a JJ appearance, it just seems really unlikely.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Are you equating WCW to TNA?

Does anyone honestly expect people to give two shits about Jeff Jarrett? Especially a WWE mark who only equates wrestling to WWE and doesn't know what else is out there.

TNA invasion......HA! can't even get in the building.

No I'm just saying everyone loves the oppurtunity to do an invasion angle. TNA did it with the Dudleys. And how often do you get to use the guys that ran the company to do said angle? Thats all.

Honestly all I'd really want is some sort of run in maybe a Rumble appearance and an HOF induction that'd be enough for me.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No I'm just saying everyone loves the oppurtunity to do an invasion angle. TNA did it with the Dudleys. And how often do you get to use the guys that ran the company to do said angle? Thats all.
Honestly all I'd really want is some sort of run in maybe a Rumble appearance and an HOF induction that'd be enough for me.
I honestly don't see Jarrett having a HOF, last time he did somethng of consequence was when he smashed a guitar over Moolah's head. Starting your own company isn't all that much, you don't see Heyman in the HOF based on that kind of criteria and Heyman was a great manager before that all.

I just don't think Jarrett would mean much to the WWE Universe, kind of like Godfathers lack of pop last Rumble, is kind of what I think would happen to Jarrett but even colder, plus JBL would just murder him on commentary and that's what we would all remember tbh.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You're right. It'd be asking a lot specially of the current crowd. But nobody expected the Diesel reaction either so there is a chance. As far as HOF I'd say he's as good as some of the Mid Card guys that have already gone in but it won't be anytime soon. Be Nice if they did China JJ Jericho the same night just for shits and giggles.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Honestly I'd like to know the issues he and Vince have I mean if he and Bret can make up, he and warrior why not he and JJ? I think just for the Bischoff I run you type factor Vince and HHH would be for it.
From what I remember their problems were

- Vince thought he was only a midcarder
- JJ would sign short term deals and jump from raw to nitro on a whim
- The 90 day no compete was made because of JJ
- JJ made Vince pay a hell of a sum for the IC title
- Vince fired JJ on the last nitro publicly for real

That's what I remember about their past issues, but I thought when his wife died
kindness that WWE showed when his wife Jill died. "I’ll say there’s a personal relationship with the entire McMahon family and Jeff Jarrett," Jarrett said. "As far as a working relationship – absolutely not. We’re competitors. But a personal relationship? Without a doubt. The entire McMahon family was very, very good to me during the passing of my wife, and that’s something I’ll never forget."

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
@SAIYANS The IC Title thing went like this if I remember correctly:

Jarett and Russo were both leaving so they put off Jarrett dropping the belt to Chyna until No Mercy '99, which just so happened to be the day after Jarrett's contract expired so Vince had to shell out quite a bit of money for the one last appearance since he wasn't under contract anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAIYANS

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah thanks. I know he didn't want his number 2 belt trashed like the women's title or to just strip him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Vince propped up USWA when it was dying, and Jerry Jarrett was the guy who was going to take the company reigns if Vince was successfully indicted by the feds in 93. Yeah,there was a relationsip dating back years before Jeff would be bounced around the companies like volleyball. Last straw was Jeff making them pay out the ass for a Chyna title victory.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Heard a report that he had everything lined up to buy the company back and the Carters told him to shove his pitch up his ass. I really hope that isn't the case but it's the only thing I have personally heard about it so far.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter has confirmed reports that country music star Toby Keith was the lead man in a group looking to buy TNA recently. Jeff Jarrett was expected to be back as a key person in TNA if that sale went through because of his relationship with Keith.

Sounds believable enough.

Don't think though that anything to do with the sale would cause a resignation as it' be stupid not to sell it back to JJ his money is the same as everyone else and the carters just need to GTFO with as much cash as possible.

It must have been young Simba buying. We know how he doesn't like JJ either. So he refused to buy unless JJ resigned. :a:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
JJ is officially free as of tomorrow. He can sign with any promotion and work any show, as confirmed by both pwinsider and Karen.

I know he isn't a huge star, but I still would like a rumble or HOF spot (Jarrett family as a whole)

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well it is Old School RAW :hm:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Jerry Jarrett + Jim Ross + Hermie Sadler + Toby Keith + Jeff Jarrett + Karen Angle + NWA + AJ Styles + Sting = ?