Jinder Mahal to Lead a Stable with Now Renamed "Singh Brothers" Why Jinder Won

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
I love the hate that certain swaths of fans are pouring toward Jinder. It only feeds the greatness of The Maharaja. Give him your hate, and his vascularity will only improve!!!!

I am a LOUD and VOCAL proponent of the Bollywood Boyz ever since seeing them in the CWC. I was worried that they wouldn't get the call up. But wow, they got the call up in a HUGE way. The Bollywood Boyz NO MORE!!! Singh Brothers? That's pretty sweet. They're talented guys, and I see singles runs for both of them in coming years.

Looping back to Jinder, he's got these great heaters and he's getting the rocket strapped on him. I'm happy for his success, I know the dude's worked hard for it. The seemingly sudden nature of it has pissed off know-it-all fans, which will only help his stock rise.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
India is a big, largely untouched market tho. And going after it is smart.

Fuck, The Great Khali drew 55 thousand people to a show he himself put on in India with no marketing outside of the spoken word and twitter. If WWE wants to go after that then by all means.

Also lets not exaggerate Jinder stiffing Finn.
He did not "nearly kill him". He bonked him on his head and gave him a concussion so light it didn't even take him out a week.

They're really white knighting Finn, aren't they? LOL

It was not Jinder's fault or anyone's fault. They tell these guys to lay it in. In wrestling, you'd much rather accidentally make real contact than completely miss a strike. Example: Mr. T would constantly miss Piper by a mile with his punches. That's not laying it in.

Jinder was laying it in, and the timing of the move was off by milliseconds and Finn got rocked. Shit happens, that's why this is wrestling. I'm sure he apologized profusely, and they move on.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If the company believes Jinder's push will result in their growth in the India market, then you can't blame them. It makes sense.

Plus, he's a fresh contender and Bollywood Boyz are a nice addition. I liked their brief run in CWC and NXT, so no complaints.

Now, I don't expect Jinder to actually win at Backlash, but he got legit heat on SmackDown, so that is good.

All they have to do now is establish him, considering he had no momentum prior to winning on SD, and keep his momentum rolling on the road to Backlash.

Reactions: SWAGSUKE

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
India is a big, largely untouched market tho. And going after it is smart.

Fuck, The Great Khali drew 55 thousand people to a show he himself put on in India with no marketing outside of the spoken word and twitter. If WWE wants to go after that then by all means.

Also lets not exaggerate Jinder stiffing Finn.
He did not "nearly kill him". He bonked him on his head and gave him a concussion so light it didn't even take him out a week.

Jinder smashed him with his elbow pretty damn hard and I feel he usually looks wonky in the ring. An elbow hit like that could easily put you on the shelf for a while. Finns lucky.

With that being said, I'm not against WWE pushing him a little bit, but I don't like how they had him lose to Balor, easily. Lose on smackdown in his first match, then out of no where beat 5 men to be number 1 contender. It's dumb.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If the company believes Jinder's push will result in their growth in the India market, then you can't blame them. It makes sense.

Plus, he's a fresh contender and Bollywood Boyz are a nice addition. I liked their brief run in CWC and NXT, so no complaints.

Now, I don't expect Jinder to actually win at Backlash, but he got legit heat on SmackDown, so that is good.

All they have to do now is establish him, considering he had no momentum prior to winning on SD, and keep his momentum rolling on the road to Backlash.
If they continue to actually build him it's fine, but so far it doesn't make sense and he just randomly gets pushed.

Reactions: The Phenom

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
At first I was like "Hold up why tf are they pushing a random jobber like Jinder" but now reading about how WWE wants to appeal to Indian wrestling fans, it makes sense to me.
However, I feel as they could've booked it a bit better. It just seems like Jinder hurts a top-raw superstar, gets traded to SD Live to lose one week, then the next is pushed to be the new #1 contender for the WWE title. Not saying I dislike this, just that they really could've booked it a bit better. (Contrary to what I've said here, this bad booking decision has actually brought some unpredictability to the table).

Also, no way they're having orton lose to him lol

Reactions: The Phenom

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Jinder Mahal did receive a lot of heat on Tuesday if used right he could maybe slip into the main event scene every once in awhile. He needs a few more upgrades......I like that he is leading this stable but he also needs a better finishing move, new entrance wouldn't hurt, and to tighten up on the promo's he would be good because he has the look already.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
May-be they'll build Jinder and his crew up into the most hated heels in the WWE...
so they can eventually be fed to [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] down the line at some point.

I mean...surely the WWE universe would cheer for anyone else besides Jinder right?

Right?

Last edited:

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Naw Jinder gets more love than Roman

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
COOL!

Hey unrelated.... but I seen some weird guy commenting on FB about how WWE is planning to have Jeff Hardy Vs Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam 2017 but I couldn't find any other spoilers or information about that

Anybody hear anything about it or know if it's true???

Sounds like bullshit to me

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
COOL!

Hey unrelated.... but I seen some weird guy commenting on FB about how WWE is planning to have Jeff Hardy Vs Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam 2017 but I couldn't find any other spoilers or information about that

Anybody hear anything about it or know if it's true???

Sounds like bullshit to me

Sounds like a BS rumor.

I could be wrong, but I still think we're getting Reigns vs Lesnar at SummerSlam.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score

Jinder smashed him with his elbow pretty damn hard and I feel he usually looks wonky in the ring. An elbow hit like that could easily put you on the shelf for a while. Finns lucky.

With that being said, I'm not against WWE pushing him a little bit, but I don't like how they had him lose to Balor, easily. Lose on smackdown in his first match, then out of no where beat 5 men to be number 1 contender. It's dumb.

It's not dumb, he left the 616 WWE Universe and entered the Ultimate WWE Universe. Anything is possible in the Ultimate WWE Universe. C'mon maannnn...
:nakamura2:

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I still think we're getting Reigns vs Lesnar at SummerSlam.

Not to go off topic here but while Reigns vs. Lesnar is indeed the plan down the road, WWE's vision is for this particular match to headline next year's Wrestlemania in New Orleans. If you remember, they wasted little time (RAW after Mania) to plant the seeds and Heymann went as far as mentioning the fact that amongst others it would be a clash between the only two individuals that ever beat Undertaker at the grandest stage so on that alone, you can understand WWE want to make a really big deal about this, as it should. The way I see it, Lesnar vs. Strowman seems like the most likely scenario for Summerslam...

As far as the Jinder saga, hey, at least it's something different so no matter the reasons behind it, I'm all for it. Come to think of it, this also plays very nicely to Smackdown's motto and what both Shane and DB have been preaching ever since they took over, about it being the land of opportunity. Well, there you have it...

On a final note, not to sound like HHH, but...I find it funny (hehehe) how everyone is saying Jinder has no chance against Orton at Backlash, meanwhile Orton is defending the title against Bray at Payback next week. Granted, Bray is the eater of pins but seriously, what does this tell us about Bray Wyatt. Sad really...

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Not to go off topic here but while Reigns vs. Lesnar is indeed the plan down the road, WWE's vision is for this particular match to headline next year's Wrestlemania in New Orleans. If you remember, they wasted little time (RAW after Mania) to plant the seeds and Heymann went as far as mentioning the fact that amongst others it would be a clash between the only two individuals that ever beat Undertaker at the grandest stage so on that alone, you can understand WWE want to make a really big deal about this, as it should. The way I see it, Lesnar vs. Strowman seems like the most likely scenario for Summerslam...

As far as the Jinder saga, hey, at least it's something different so no matter the reasons behind it, I'm all for it. Come to think of it, this also plays very nicely to Smackdown's motto and what both Shane and DB have been preaching ever since they took over, about it being the land of opportunity. Well, there you have it...

On a final note, not to sound like HHH, but...I find it funny (hehehe) how everyone is saying Jinder has no chance against Orton at Backlash, meanwhile Orton is defending the title against Bray at Payback next week. Granted, Bray is the eater of pins but seriously, what does this tell us about Bray Wyatt. Sad really...

It has nothing to do with "Oh poor Bray". It's the fact that Bray is leaving Smackdown, so of course he's not going to take the strap with him. When you leave a territory, you go out on your back. Period.

I think Tye winning his cage match against Eric Young in NXT is one of the few times I've ever seen this rule broken.