Jinder Mahal to Lead a Stable with Now Renamed "Singh Brothers" Why Jinder Won

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx

-- According to sportskeeda.com, which seems to have the scoops when it comes to Jinder Mahal, WWE will be creating a new faction/stable that will be led by Mahal and will also include Gurv and Harv Sihra.

-- The Sihras were previously known as the "Bollywood Boyz" but have been renamed and will now be called "The Singh Brothers" moving forward.

-- Also, it seems the reason WWE is pushing Mahal and had him win the six-pack challenge is that they are hoping that his push will help them in the India market, which is one of their areas of concentration in 2017 and into 2018.

Anyone happy about this? Anyone see anything coming from this? Does anyone believe that Jinder Mahal has any chance against Randy Orton what's so ever? If they had this in mind why didn't they give him a better/ more competitive match with Finn Balor or maybe even beat Mojo Rawley in his debut to SDLive ?? That would have made his win just a little more credible right?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Hey...Good luck to Jinder...

If they want to push you...it doesn't really matter the reason...

I just hope he doesn't give anyone else a concussion or
ends up testing positive for a banned substance.

They may just be doing the Orton match at Backlash to
see if it raises pay per view buy rates in India.

Reactions: The Phenom

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Stupid. Jinder is okay in the ring, stale on the mic, and so roided he nearly killed Balor. Dumb move to have him lose to Balor, lose first night on smackdown, then somehow win a 6 pack challenge match. It's all inconsistent and terrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I'll see if this goes anywhere. The decision was so....strange that I am interested on pure curiosity alone...

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Stupid. Jinder is okay in the rings stale on he mic, and so roused he nearly killed Balor. Dumb move to have him lose to Balor, lose first night on smackdown, then somehow win a 6 pack challenge match. It's all inconsistent and terrible.
Same thing I'm saying @edge4ever if WWE knew they were going to have him win that 6-Pack challenge he should have took Balor to the limit and he should have beaten Mojo 1..2...3 Instead he gets his ass handed to him twice then somehow pops up and wins a #1 Contender's match on SD Live FOR THE WWE TITLE! LMAO! (I'll just see where this goes)

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Well... with AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens on the card, Backlash has a draw to it. You can get away with midcarding the WWE Title when arguably the (kayfabe, full-time) 2016 MVP's are battling it out.

I agree with Vaporeon up there. It's so random that it's interesting based off that alone...

And honestly? Randomness for the sake of randomness is good in pro wrestling. Yes, Jinder Mahal is pure cannon fodder and Randy Orton has a 95% chance of winning - honestly the story doesn't work if they try to bullshit us into thinking otherwise - but it reminds me of Blake and Murphy winning the tag titles on a random NXT against the Lucha Dragons. It really established that these random title matches on NXT should be treated as something more than foregone conclusions, and how on paper (well, on paper all these guys are losers, but) Zayn being the most over guy by a country mile in the match was such a cool dynamic

Plus the finish pushed Sami Zayn after he got screwed, as it was a similar finish to his NXT booking, while the 5% chance that Jinder Mahal actually wins as a result of pure Bollywood Boys interference and becomes the least credible world champion since Eric Young gives us a reason to get behind Randy Orton in the first time in forever but... even that may not be enough haha.

This sucks because Jinder Mahal is pure garbage (has he improved on Raw?) but... uhh. silver linings?

Reactions: Solidus1

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Well... with AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens on the card, Backlash has a draw to it. You can get away with midcarding the WWE Title when arguably the (kayfabe, full-time) 2016 MVP's are battling it out.

I agree with Vaporeon up there. It's so random that it's interesting based off that alone...

And honestly? Randomness for the sake of randomness is good in pro wrestling. Yes, Jinder Mahal is pure cannon fodder and Randy Orton has a 95% chance of winning - honestly the story doesn't work if they try to bullshit us into thinking otherwise - but it reminds me of Blake and Murphy winning the tag titles on a random NXT against the Lucha Dragons. It really established that these random title matches on NXT should be treated as something more than foregone conclusions, and how on paper (well, on paper all these guys are losers, but) Zayn being the most over guy by a country mile in the match was such a cool dynamic

Plus the finish pushed Sami Zayn after he got screwed, as it was a similar finish to his NXT booking, while the 5% chance that Jinder Mahal actually wins as a result of pure Bollywood Boys interference and becomes the least credible world champion since Eric Young gives us a reason to get behind Randy Orton in the first time in forever but... even that may not be enough haha.

This sucks because Jinder Mahal is pure garbage (has he improved on Raw?) but... uhh. silver linings?

:really:95% REALLY? @Snowman (LOL) More like 99.9% .................There is a 0.1 chance of this guy winning..........I'm calling 3 Outta nowhere RKO's to the entire stable

But in all seriousness the only way he could win is the scenario you said in your post and those damn Bollywood Bros cheat Orton...So I guess we will see........

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
This Orton/Mahal match at Backlash may possibly
lead to bigger developments in other title feuds...

If I was booking it...I'd have Charlotte & Naomi
main event Backlash for the women's title in the
first ever (WWE) ladies ladder match.

I would have said Charlotte & Becky...but hopefully
they'll have a special stipulation match at SummerSlam...

:charlotte:

Last edited:

Jazzwazza

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm all for it. I actually enjoyed his promo after the match and I can see him and his stable becoming a threat. I hope it leads to some interesting story lines in the future.

Isn't it interesting that Smackdown creative can take raws nobodies and make them main eventers. Really is "the land of opportunity". I think that's why they moved everyone from raw that wasn't getting anywhere.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
:really:95% REALLY? @Snowman (LOL) More like 99.9% .................There is a 0.1 chance of this guy winning..........I'm calling 3 Outta nowhere RKO's to the entire stable

But in all seriousness the only way he could win is the scenario you said in your post and those damn Bollywood Bros cheat Orton...So I guess we will see........

There's a better than 50% chance he loses to an RKO Outta Right Over There.

• Haha

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I dont think its for PPV buy rates in India, for anyone who doesn't know, in India a channel (ten sports 1) broadcasts all SDLive, Raw, NXT and PPVs. You don't actually 'buy' the ppv, if you get that channel, you get all WWE content.

Now maybe this is a way to push the indian market more towards a WWE network subscription. But they tried that with Khali and it didn't work. India is a mark market, not a smark one. They support and get behind whoever is the biggest baby face. For more than a decade it was Cena, and now I am sure it's Reigns.

So basically, Jinder is being used to either show how being in smackdown can give anyone an opportunity [HASHTAG]#OuttaNowhere[/HASHTAG].

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
India is a big, largely untouched market tho. And going after it is smart.

Fuck, The Great Khali drew 55 thousand people to a show he himself put on in India with no marketing outside of the spoken word and twitter. If WWE wants to go after that then by all means.

Also lets not exaggerate Jinder stiffing Finn.
He did not "nearly kill him". He bonked him on his head and gave him a concussion so light it didn't even take him out a week.