Jimmy 'superfly' Snuka to be charged for murder

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Wait, what. Just a month ago, Snuka's wife said he'll be back to take wrestling dates as soon as he gets well from his cancer treatment, and now he's suffering form dementia? Just last August he had a match at an independent show, and now he can't stand trial? Sounds like the murderer's last plea.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
He's been charged with homicide/third degree murder, made bail and surrendered his passport. They just haven't sentenced him yet, from what I've read.

A trial still has to occur, unless he pleads guilty or nolo contendre (no contest) to what he is charged with or a lesser offense. Given his age and mental status (which would need to be confirmed by a doctor...not his lawyer...specifically, one appointed by the court or the DA who is conducting the case, depending on the practices of the State in which he has been charged), it is possible that prosecution could be foregone (if it was felt that he was unlikely to survive a trial or he was declared mentally incompetent).

The most likely scenario is that he'll be offered a plea deal to cop to a lesser charge. Whether that is a charge that includes jail time will be up to the will of the DA prosecuting the case and the negotiating skills of Snuka's attorney. What gets missed in most popular presentations of the American justice system is that most people who are arrested get this treatment and end up pleading guilty to a crime which carries a lesser penalty than what they are originally charged with. I could honestly see him pleading guilty to FIrst or Second Degree Manslaughter, which takes Life without the possibility of parole off the table, but guarantees that he will, if physically capable (i.e., not stuck in a hospital bed), serve time in prison rather than just being given probation.

wk

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
An update:

WWE Legend Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka was officially arraigned this morning in LeHigh Valley, PA on charges of involuntary manslaughter and third-degree murder, in the 1983 death of then-girlfriend Nancy Argentino, according to the Allentown Morning Call. He plead not guilty. The next hearing is set for December 8th.

Prosecutors have requested and been granted a gag order preventing both sides from speaking publicly about the case. The prosecution cited Snuka's lawyers holding a press conference after the last hearing.

Snuka, who told the court he can't write or read English, said he wasn't aware what day of the week it was or what city he was in. Snuka's lawyer told the court that he is suffering from the early stages of dementia and post-concussion syndrome.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Snuka is either an evil manipulative sack of shit, or he's actually dying and going through dementia. If it's the latter, he should not be charged.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Can this lawyer actually prove Jimmy is in the early stages of dementia, has Jimmy legit been diagnosed by a doctor or is this all a crock of shit in order to try and get him off the hook?

It's probably that.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Snuka is either an evil manipulative sack of shit, or he's actually dying and going through dementia. If it's the latter, he should not be charged.

He's actually been battling cancer this year, but I'm not buying the dementia BS at all.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Dang I didn't know he finally got caught. He almost OJ-d everyone.