• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jimmy 'superfly' Snuka to be charged for murder

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
He shot a guy but claimed self defense and there wasn't enough evidence. He did admit it some years later.
The Hall of Fame is going to be empty by the end of the year.
As horrible as all of these wrestlers are as people, I think the WWE needs to stop trying so hard to please everyone(soccer moms, social media, etc.) because either way, it won't really help them much to erase these wrestlers from history at a business point of view either. I mean if you look at other sports like American Football with the NFL and Boxing with the International Boxing Hall of Fame, we all know how much of a scumbag O.J. Simpson is but the NFL didn't deny his accomplishments nor tried to spend so much time erasing him along with many of the great NFL players notorious for their domestic violence problems.

Same goes for the International Boxing Hall of Fame when they inducted one of the greatest Middleweight boxers of all time, Carlos Monzon who was notorious for beating his wives, kids and even killing his last wife by throwing her off the balcony to her death. A lot of the greatest boxers in history, that were inducted into the International Hall of Fame, had domestic violence problems at some point in their lives.

Majour

Filthy Creep
As horrible as all of these wrestlers are as people, I think the WWE needs to stop trying so hard to please everyone(soccer moms, social media, etc.) because either way, it won't really help them much to erase these wrestlers from history at a business point of view either. I mean if you look at other sports like American Football with the NFL and Boxing with the International Boxing Hall of Fame, we all know how much of a scumbag O.J. Simpson is but the NFL didn't deny his accomplishments nor tried to spend so much time erasing him along with many of the great NFL players notorious for their domestic violence problems.

Same goes for the International Boxing Hall of Fame when they inducted one of the greatest Middleweight boxers of all time, Carlos Monzon who was notorious for beating his wives, kids and even killing his last wife by throwing her off the balcony to her death. A lot of the greatest boxers in history, that were inducted into the International Hall of Fame, had domestic violence problems at some point in their lives.

I get where you are coming from, but in comparison to boxing and NFL, the WWE have a younger target audience. They are PG, whilst neither of the other two mentioned are.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
More Details On The Jimmy Snuka Murder Case, Why It Was Reopened

As noted earlier, WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Snuka is being charged with involuntary manslaughter and third-degree murder in the death of a girlfriend over 30 years ago, according to Lehigh County authorities. Snuka was arrested this morning at New Jersey after being arraigned at about 1:50 p.m.

The case was re-opened last year after a newspaper posed questions regarding the death of Nancy Argentino in 1983. Rumors and legends have swirled around the death since it occurred.

See Also: Honky Tonk Man Talks Death Of Jimmy Snuka's Girlfriend

Snuka claimed that he returned from a WWF show on May 10, 1983 to find Argentino gasping for air and oozing fluid from her mouth and nose, according to records. Snuka had told several people that he shoved Argentino earlier in the day, causing her to her her head. He later changed his story in his autobiography, saying she slipped. Snuka was never charged in the case, which went cold in June 1983.

According to TMZ, police took notice of the radical change in Snuka's story, which helped lead to the case being re-opened.

It was announced in January 2014 that a grand jury would reopen the case after the autobiography, and a story from The Morning Call.

Argentino's sister, Louise Argentino-Upham commented to the Morning Call about the arrest.

"I think that it's been a long road," Argentino-Upham said. "They did the right thing in face of all the evidence."

Snuka's daughter, Sarona Reiher Snuka, currently performs for the WWE as Tamina of Team BAD.

gingerjesus

Jobber
This might sound dumb, but could wwe have known this for a while? maybe its why they dropped Tamina's last name recently

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
This might sound dumb, but could wwe have known this for a while? maybe its why they dropped Tamina's last name recently
That he was about to be arrested? Dunno. When it comes to divas and last names WWE usually prefers women to only have one name. So that could be all there is to them dropping Tamina's last name.

But WWE knew Snuka was involved in this from the word go. Vince McMahon handled all this for him when it went down.

Roadster

Where'd Jimmy Go?
fidel3.png

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Like how people are more concerned about a Hall of Fame that isn't that prestigious in the first place than the actual fact that Snuka killed somebody and is most likely going to be brought to justice.

Roadster

Like how people are more concerned about a Hall of Fame that isn't that prestigious in the first place than the actual fact that Snuka killed somebody and is most likely going to be brought to justice.
Was he proven guilty?

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Was he proven guilty?
No, but most likely will be.

And don't play the "innocent until proven guilty" card, I don't follow that in cases where there is substantial evidence going towards one verdict.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Jimmy Snuka Suffering From Dementia, May Not Be Able To Stand Trial According To Lawyer

In an interesting development, William E. Moore, the attorney representing Jimmy Snuka, told the Allentown Morning Call that he sees the likelihood of Snuka being able to stand trial as doubtful. According to Moore, Snuka:

* Was wheelchair-bound and hooked up to a feeding tube when he surrendered into custody yesterday. ("He is not in good shape physically or mentally," said Snuka's attorney. I'm not sure he realized what was going on. I'm not sure what his cognitive abilities are. […] "I don't see it ever getting better.")

* Is suffering from partial dementia stemming from numerous concussions. ("He's had head injuries, just like football players have had head injuries. He's suffered a number of concussions with all the antics he's done.")

* Has limited recall/long-term memory. ("His faculties are so compromised you wouldn't know what he's saying. "He doesn't understand a simple conversation. You put him up against a sharp prosecutor asking, 'Remember 30 years ago when you said this ...,' he has no recollection.")

* Would not have been able to write a book (it was ghostwritten), though it should be noted he was still relatively coherent when it was released two years ago. ("He said he wrote a book. That's kind of comical,") With how the production schedule can go on that type of book, it's likely the author interviewed him closer to four years ago.

* Was bailed out by his first wife, Sharon Georgi. She had testified to the grand jury about Snuka beating her during their marriage.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for September 21st, but that may be delayed because Moore is unable to represent Snuka at trial due to a prior commitment.