Jake The Snake Roberts moves in with DDP to train for one last run

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
My cousin was an alcohol addict. It was interfering with his work and screwed up his marriage. One day he made the decision to stop drinking. 8 years later and he hasn't picked up one drink since.
I didn't say it couldn't be done, just that it's hard, so cut the guy some slack instead of sitting on a high horse and thinking his problems can be easily overcome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I didn't say it couldn't be done, just that it's hard, so cut the guy some slack instead of sitting on a high horse and thinking his problems can be easily overcome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I don't say it was easy to overcome it all i said was now that he's been making such good progress he shouldn't go back to it no matter how tempted he is.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
[video=youtube;REC-ebSdlUQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=REC-ebSdlUQ#at=20[/video]

On or off the wagon, Jake still looks healthier than he did a year ago.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He seems to be back on track again so it wasn't a full blown meltdown

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
My cousin was an alcohol addict.

Sabs always knows someone...

Seriously though, just watched the Progress Not Perfection thing.. Compelling stuff and good work from DDP.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Cancer isn't something you can control, addiction is. He's been with DDP for months and looks great, if he wanted to drink he should have said "I'm doing really well, I don't want to go back to my old ways, I'm gonna say no"

LOL, I don't think you quite understand it. At all.

People don't WANT to continue doing bad things, but, when you get addicted to something, especially when it's for a long time, it's very difficult to stop doing it. Let's take smoking, for example. No doubt you know people who smoke. We all know at least one person who does it. A lot of times, they started for reasons like being in a group at school, someone offers, you start smoking. People don't grab a cancer stick because they WANT to get cancer. They make a decision that isn't a very good one, for whatever reason (peer pressure, etc.) Bad decisions are a part of life, we all make them. People just have different reasons for saying yes to things they should be saying no to. They think 'meh, just once, it wont do anything'. Then, it turns in to 'man, I liked the way I felt the other day, I am gonna try it again'. Then again, and again, and again....and you are now snowballing out of control. Your body craves it, you like the feeling, you feel urges to do it, or else you feel like you'll go crazy.

You don't just step out of it, it takes time. You have to be motivated to recover, you have to forget the 'happy' feelings you get with it, you have to learn to not depend on it.