Jake The Snake Roberts moves in with DDP to train for one last run

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Diamond Dallas Page has worked with several pro wrestlers on their aches and pains via his DDP Yoga system.
But Monday he begins perhaps his biggest challenge when Jake “The Snakeâ€￾ Roberts moves in with Page in a home Page recently bought in Atlanta. Roberts, whose wrestling career was derailed multiple times by substance abuse issues, will train with Page while cameras roll for a planned documentary. The idea is to get Roberts, 57, back in good enough shape for one more run in the wrestling business.
Page, 56, told newsday.com Sunday that he called Roberts -- whose weight had ballooned up to 302 pounds -- in Roberts’ hometown of Gainesville, Texas three months ago.

“And I told him, ‘If you can really do this -- and you have to prove it to me [by doing the program] for six or eight weeks,â€￾ Page said. “‘I’ll freakin’ get a place in Atlanta. I’ll bring you up, and we’ll continue this journey.’â€￾
Roberts was filmed in Texas when he started the yoga program, which Page developed to deal with the injuries he suffered while in the squared circle. Page said that Roberts lost 20 pounds in the first 3 ½ weeks of training and is now down approximately 35 pounds.
“Jake does not want to be seen the way he was seen at the end,â€￾ Page said.
Roberts’ demons have been chronicled in the 1999 Barry Blaustein documentary “Beyond the Matâ€￾ -- which included Roberts interviewed in a hotel room after apparently smoking crack -- and the 2005 WWE-produced DVD “Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts: Pick Your Poison.â€￾ Roberts’ attempts to clean up includes a 1996 return to a WWE after a three-plus year hiatus in which his real-life born-again Christian convictions were incorporated into his storylines.
Along with the physical training, Page and filmmaker Steve Yu wil work on things like getting the computer-deficient Roberts up to date on using Facebook and Twitter. Page says the idea is to keep Roberts busy with positive activities so he won’t backslide into past habits.
“That house, I reached out to a couple of my friends, and asked, ‘What are we going to call my new crib?’ And we came up with ‘Accountability Crib,’ you’re accountable for everything.â€￾
To that end, Page and Yu said that Roberts will be drug-tested while he’s in the home.
“If he does that [stuff] one time while he’s with me, he’s gone,â€￾ Page said.
But Page is encouraged by what Roberts has already accomplished, losing as much weight as he has after having being so out of shape in his first workout he couldn’t do more than a couple of exercises without needing rest.
“Bottom line is, everybody wants the comeback story,â€￾ Page said. “Everybody wants to see Jake look good, and feel good, and not be a mess anymore. That would be great. I think there are a lot of really positive things that can come out of this if Jake really does it.â€￾

that would be one hell of a story...and I for one am rooting for him all the way

Sabretooth

Reaction score
At 57? Well if he can do it, all the power to him

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
You can do it Jake!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Would definitely watch this, would love it to at least get a couple more matches outta Jake.

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360591891.242510.jpg

Saw this today.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
that's fantastic, a definite improvement

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
On this subject just read where Scott Hall is joining them to help get cleaned up and back into shape.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
BDbzFwkCcAAlKem.jpg

Scott looks terrible while Jake looks the best I've seen him in years. I hope for Scott's sake this works.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If DDP can do that to then I would change my life long stance on him

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Poor Scott, I hope he gets better. Maybe he'll ooze machismo again someday.

On a sidenote, how the hell did DDP come up with this program? It's helped a million people, I'd like to try it out :lol:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
[video=youtube;7MIjTXHkEYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MIjTXHkEYg[/video]

How can you not respect a man like DDP?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
[video=youtube;iC9JXl1AJjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC9JXl1AJjQ[/video]
[video=youtube;Jhzk5hA6fA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhzk5hA6fA0[/video]

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I am in complete agreement with that statement unless my name was Mark Madden since he calls him DDMe and takes potshots at him all the time.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
If y'all are looking to donate to the cause, there's a link on the second video. You can donate as little as 15 bucks and get a signed 8x10 and more and it's going towards hip replacement surgery and other medical expenses of Scott's! I'll be donating, no doubt.