It's An Underrated Classic.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Guano

Reaction score
Lately I've been playing some old video games on emulators. So, I've been playing some Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega, Super Nintendo and I've been playing some old games that I thought were classics, not the typical classics like Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Contra, or Legend of Zelda, I am talking about the underrated games that weren't considered classics. There aren't that many games that I can specifically recall that I thought were classics, but there are a few such as, Adventure Island for the Nintendo Entertainment System, Adventure of Lolo for the Nintendo Entertainment System, X-men for the Sega, and Zombies Ate My Neighbor for the Super Nintendo. That brings me to my question,

"What video game do you think is an underrated classic?"

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
For me, Crash Bandicoot 2. The series as a whole is considered classic, but I always thought Crash 2 was hands down the best game in the series. It had less BS and the gameplay was the core of what Crash Bandicoot is all about, yet everyone will say Crash 3 was the best game. Its still fun and its brighter and louder, but to me it was also the game that began to take steps away from the simplicity I used to enjoy in Crash as a platformer.

And just to make me a hypocrite, Crash Bash, a gimmicky spin-off Crash game, is a game that not enough people in this world have played.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Clash at Demonhead for the NES: One of my favorite games growing up, and nobody I know has ever even played it. One of the first games to have multiple ways of beating the game.

Festers Quest for the NES: a forgotten Zelda clone, Fester Addams gets his first videogame appearance & is forced to set out to rescue the rest of his family.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES: Awesome game with what is the most nutorious under water level in history, either you get past the dam & beat the game, or you die there everytime.

Startropics 1 & 2 for the NES: More Zelda clones, great games where the main characters primary weapon is a yo-yo.

Gangster Town for the Sega Mastersystem: a light gun game, where you shoot up all the gangsters in a prohibition era setting. You even get bonus points for shooting their ghosts and sending them straight to hell!

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Gotta be Battletoads for the Sega Megasystem... That's if anyone can ever get past the first few bloody levels lol.

But certainly all the first three Tomb Raider games are incredible classics and I play them pretty religiously to be honest and they are challenging at any age tbh.

Reactions: 1 person

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
TMNT, Battletoads, and Tomb Raider have never been underrated. They are classics in every sense of the word. Fester's Quest is a good mention though, totally forgot about that game. Duck Tales for NES was really good too, as was Chip and Dale. Beavis and Butthead and Garfield for Genesis were other ones I had fun with.

As far as recent games go, Crackdown was amazing and criminally underrated, as was Bully.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Compared to TMNT 2: The Arcade Game, the original is very underrated. The only time I ever see it mentioned its always about the difficulty of the underwater level.

One I forgot to mention was Maniac Mansion for the PC/NES, or alternatively Day of the Tentacle for the PC(which had Maniac Mansion in game). One of the many LucasArts point & click adventure games in the vein of Monkey Island & Sam & Max. Its been ages since I played it and remember next to nothing about it, but I do remember overheating the NES when I rented Maniac Mansion.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
faxanadu for the nes.loved that game.dyin for a sequel that will never happen.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I loved starsweep for the ps1 it's a tetris style game which I don't usually bother with but it was so addicting and the soundtrack was great

Pete

Reaction score
The Lion King - Sega Genesis
Gobliiiins! - PC (SO. MUCH. FUN!)
Grand Prix Circuit - PC (one of my favourite racing games to this day)
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins - Game Boy (most underrated Mario game EVER!)
Daytona USA Deluxe - PC / Sega Saturn
Crazy Taxi - PC / Dreamcast / Arcade
The Italian Job - PC / Playstation
Rayman 1 - PC / Playstation / Assorted others
Beavis & Butthead - PC (had the demo, played the hell out of it. The hock-a-loogie game was a classic!)
UEFA Champions League Season 99/2000 and onwards (could have put up a fight with FIFA in terms of quality, if they were better known)
Bubsy - Super Nintendo (doesn't warrant all the hate it gets from nerds these days)
Aero The Acro-Bat - Super Nintendo / Sega Genesis
Super Hang-On - Sega Genesis / Arcade
Virtua Striker 3 - Arcade / Dreamcast (we finally get two halves, plus control is awesome and the games are exciting as hell)
Super Sidekicks series - Arcade / Neo Geo (most hilarious football-soccer series to date)
Sonic 3D: Flickie's Island - PC / Sega Genesis (again, not as bad as it's made out to be)
Donkey Kong Land - Game Boy (everyone always gushes over 3 and forgets this one is pretty good too)
Championship Manager 2007 - PC (probably the strongest in the series to date, even more so than 2003/2004)
Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast - PC (even more fun than the original)

A few off the top of my head...

More recently, I had fun with Shank. by EA.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Bubsy - Super Nintendo (doesn't warrant all the hate it gets from nerds these days)

The original Bubsy is a great game. It really only gets hated on or forgotten about now because how awful that 3-D version was. Also, Bubsy 2 didn't live up to the original one either. So yeah.

Pete

Reaction score
Yeah but Bubsy 1 is now said to "suck" as well, and it doesn't. All the shit about loose controls and Sonic ripoffs is just Internet nerds needing to find reasons to bitch about a good game, so they can make the entire series look bad.

Weez

Reaction score
Man, I LOVED Fester's Quest. It was tremendous, and made me laugh. I'd have to mention "Who framed Roger Rabbit?" on the NES as another classic. It was a great rpgish title, and one of the first licensed games that was actually good. Also, it's fucking hilarious lol.

Newest underrated classic I played? Alan Wake.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Fuck yeah, Alan Wake is awesome.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Man, I LOVED Fester's Quest. It was tremendous, and made me laugh. I'd have to mention "Who framed Roger Rabbit?" on the NES as another classic. It was a great rpgish title, and one of the first licensed games that was actually good. Also, it's fucking hilarious lol.

Newest underrated classic I played? Alan Wake.
fucking loved roger rabbit on nes.might have to play it on my emulator for psp.