Is there an actor you felt was cast wrong?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I don't think it was the wig, he just really stunk in the role but then the whole movie was a mess so it wasn't entirely his fault.

How about Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin? I mean, I know the movie as a whole was brutal, but Arnold was just so out of his league as that character. The potential was there to really do something good with a more tragic villain and instead it was basically played up for laughs. How about a more serious actor like Willem Dafoe taking on the role? On the subject of Batman films, Tommy Lee Jones was pretty bad as Two-Face, although again that wasn't entirely his fault. That's another character that shouldn't have been so theatrically over the top and honestly, Jones could have nailed the proper version, but instead the director shit the bed and went for those laughs again. In that sense, I don't think Jones was mis-cast, but the character was certainly written poorly.

One more that I just thought of while writing the above was the all-time worst mis-casting of John Wayne as Genghis Khan in The Conqueror. :lol:

I agree. With the right director / screenwriter, Jones would have done wonders in the role.

Jim Carrey was also terrible in Forever. Whereas Jack Nicholson playing himself worked for the Joker, Jim Carrey playing Jim Carrey was absolutely wrong for Riddler. Only cast because he was the big thing at the time.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Michael Duncan Clark as King pin in Daredevil. Not that he didn't do a bad job I just didn't buy him as Kingpin

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Michael Duncan Clark as King pin in Daredevil. Not that he didn't do a bad job I just didn't buy him as Kingpin
I've actually had this conversation before and argued that he was the only guy who could have played the character believably. Honestly, can you name another actor who you think would have done a better job? I know I certainly can't.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I've actually had this conversation before and argued that he was the only guy who could have played the character believably. Honestly, can you name another actor who you think would have done a better job? I know I certainly can't.

King Kong Bundy or Butter bean but they would stink the joint up.

using facial recognition on my galaxy s4

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
King Kong Bundy or Butter bean but they would stink the joint up.
Hence why I said a "better job". :lol:

Bundy was pretty good on Married...with Children though.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
He was. Hence why I said originally he did a decent job because it's one of those instances where you shake your head with it.

using facial recognition on my galaxy s4