Is Sasha Banks the greatest female in-ring performer in WWE history?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

rydogg

Multiple Time WWEF Hardcore Champ, BAYBAY!
Reaction score
In the WWE currently? Yes. There is no question Sasha is the best female performer on the roster. She even outdoes a fair few of the males. But greatest female wrestler of all time? No, she's still in the early years of her career. There are plenty of females from the past who are better than Sasha. Some examples of former WWE female performers that are better than Sasha (at least in my opinion) are Trish, Lita, and Moolah in her heyday. There is no doubt in my mind that Sasha Banks will one day be on par with those 3, but she's got a long way to go before she's there.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
It's pretty easily explainable: the WWE doesn't look at in-ring talent as the main reason to market someone. What also doesn't help is the bookers tend to want to push the wrestlers they helped get over rather than the ones the fans simply connected to on their own.

Someone get it... If this was Ring of Honor, Sasha might be the first female ROH World Champion.. but this is WWE, have a good look and be somewhat entertaining and they'll do great.. It explains why Roman Reigns and John Cena are top guys... Sasha doesn't have the best look and she was a lot more entertaining on NXT, but i blame the bookers for that one.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
This has been said by multiple people already, buts it's true. Sasha Banks is definitely not the best female wrestler, but if she keeps wrestling as talented as she has been, she has the potential to become the greatest. Right now, she's easily in the top ten, and I'm sure with enough convincing you could put her in the top five, but not number one

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
thing is, and i do like Sasha big time,the trash talking the attitude, the in ring work, to be a great you still need someone to play off, and it boils down to if the E give her that person (and not sure it's charlotte), her and Bayley have that big match chemistry, and makes for great viewing

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It's pretty easily explainable: the WWE doesn't look at in-ring talent as the main reason to market someone. What also doesn't help is the bookers tend to want to push the wrestlers they helped get over rather than the ones the fans simply connected to on their own.

No I wasn't saying it was inexplicable as to why they do this in general. We all know their reasons. What's inexplicable is why they continue to follow these reasons when evidence points to the possibility of other options that might be more beneficial.

My comment was that there are occasions when talented wrestlers, which includes those who are talented charismatically, are booked into oblivion for no good reason. Bray Wyatt is a good example of this. He's a good wrestler, a good talker and has been hot with the fans on numerous occasions... however he's still buried. Or Dean Ambrose, who gets the same treatment.

The reason it's inexplicable is not because we don't know that the bookers prefer to push other people. That's not an explanation as much as it's an observation of the circumstances. What's inexplicable is when that, when plenty of evidence points towards the benefits of pushing these guys that the crowd wants to see, that the officials at the WWE cannot look at their business as a business and put their person preferences aside to try and entertain the people keeping them in business by giving them what they want to see.

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
No I wasn't saying it was inexplicable as to why they do this in general. We all know their reasons. What's inexplicable is why they continue to follow these reasons when evidence points to the possibility of other options that might be more beneficial.

My comment was that there are occasions when talented wrestlers, which includes those who are talented charismatically, are booked into oblivion for no good reason. Bray Wyatt is a good example of this. He's a good wrestler, a good talker and has been hot with the fans on numerous occasions... however he's still buried. Or Dean Ambrose, who gets the same treatment.

The reason it's inexplicable is not because we don't know that the bookers prefer to push other people. That's not an explanation as much as it's an observation of the circumstances. What's inexplicable is when that, when plenty of evidence points towards the benefits of pushing these guys that the crowd wants to see, that the officials at the WWE cannot look at their business as a business and put their person preferences aside to try and entertain the people keeping them in business by giving them what they want to see.
I've always believed Vince McMahon has a very fragile ego and that he'll only admit he's wrong and do things differently in the most dire situations. I also think he's a very firm believer in the saying, "A good promoter gives the people what they want. A great promoter tells the people what they want," and he's not willing to be merely good.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I've always believed Vince McMahon has a very fragile ego and that he'll only admit he's wrong and do things differently in the most dire situations. I also think he's a very firm believer in the saying, "A good promoter gives the people what they want. A great promoter tells the people what they want," and he's not willing to be merely good.

Vince also believes that he has an innate understanding of the business because, as he claims, he was brought up in the business. This has always amused me because he really wasn't. He didn't even meet his father until he was 12. He actually didn't get involved with wrestling until he was 23 years old, having worked as a traveling salesman beforehand. Still, he seems to think he has a genetic predisposition to being a good wrestling promoter.

Now I'll give Vince his due. He has been a great promoter. It's hard to argue with his unparalleled success. But even the greatest ones reach a point where they have to admit their great years are behind him. I have no doubt Vince will never do this.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Molly Holly was the greatest female wrestler I've ever seen. She was trained by Dean Malenko and traveled the world with Randy Savage and Medusa. She could execute every hold and incorporated high flying ability. Molly Holly played a corny idiot, a vengeful b*tch, had her head shaved on television and was training talent in WCW by her early 20's. She was also a champion power lifter before even entering pro wrestling and had to work with not being the prettiest girl in the world as well.

The greatest star I ever saw, though, was Sable. She reeked of it barely even trying.

If I had to pay to see somebody, believe it or not, I'd choose Kelly Kelly. It wasn't her ring ability or anything close to it. She just had the brightest smile and I'd always come away from watching her and just feel good. That's the only reason.

As for Banks, she is very skilled and has the tools to achieve every award possible. Molly Holly was the GOAT though and even moreso because she wasn't given the spotlight (which was fitting in my opinion).

Last edited:

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
This thread is mind-boggling.. The OP must be trolling. Nobody can be that stupid to think she's the best to ever step foot in a WWE ring.

She's not even the best in WWE right now.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Molly Holly was the greatest female wrestler I've ever seen. She was trained by Dean Malenko and traveled the world with Randy Savage and Medusa. She could execute every hold and incorporated high flying ability. Molly Holly played a corny idiot, a vengeful b*tch, had her head shaved on television and was training talent in WCW by her early 20's. She was also a champion power lifter before even entering pro wrestling and had to work with not being the prettiest girl in the world as well.

The greatest star I ever saw, though, was Sable. She reeked of it barely even trying.

If I had to pay to see somebody, believe it or not, I'd choose Kelly Kelly. It wasn't her ring ability or anything close to it. She just had the brightest smile and I'd always come away from watching her and just feel good. That's the only reason.

As for Banks, she is very skilled and has the tools to achieve every award possible. Molly Holly was the GOAT though and even moreso because she wasn't given the spotlight (which was fitting in my opinion).
Plus she was a superhero. That's gotta mean something

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Bull Nakano, arguably the greatest female wrestler of all time has worked for WWE.

So no