Is Sasha Banks the greatest female in-ring performer in WWE history?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Although she may be only 24 years old, Sasha Banks has been in several matches in the long and storied history of the WWE. Her two classics with Bayley immediately come to mind. She also had an amazing match with Becky Lynch at TakeOver: Unstoppable and had a great series of matches in Charlotte last year. She also had the greatest Main Roster Women's Division match in WWE history with Charlotte and Becky Lynch for the Women's Championship at Mania, a match which many people say stole the show.

She had such an amazing and historically significant year in 2015 that many fans and critics alike were considering her to Wrestler of the Year. When was the last time an American female wrestler was legitimately considered to be Wrestler of the Year? Also, she placed 8th on the WOTY list at the Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards, which is (correct me if I'm wrong) the highest placement for a female wrestler in that category in its history.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score

Owen

Jobber
Reaction score
She reminds me of a better version of melina ngl but I gotta admit that I do enjoy her matchs.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
No. Not yet, but she has the potential to eventually be depending on how it goes. But as of now, I am not ready to place her above Gail Kim, who I feel is the best in ring female performer ever.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I agree. I love Sasha, she's my favorite female wrestler.

Reaction score
No. Not yet, but she has the potential to eventually be depending on how it goes. But as of now, I am not ready to place her above Gail Kim, who I feel is the best in ring female performer ever.
There are some Japanese joshis better than Gail Kim, IMO. Hokuto, Aja Kong, Bull Nakano and Manami Toyota come to mind.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Would like to see her return now that the division is trying to focus more on the wrestling aspect. She's still in TNA, yeah?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
If you compare Gail's body of work in the E, which matches have been better than Sasha's work especially in NXT? If anything I'd put Sasha there due to the quality of booking she's had vs most other female performers.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Would like to see her return now that the division is trying to focus more on the wrestling aspect. She's still in TNA, yeah?

Yeah and she's 39 too. I would love to see her wrestle Banks and Bayley and I think a feud with Asuka would be pretty cool too. But it would have to happen soon as she isn't getting any younger. But those could be four or five star matches.

Reaction score
Also, Gail doesn't come close to Banks in terms of in-ring work and booking.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
She has the potential. I wouldn't jump to conclusions as to say she's the greatest of all WWE history.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If you compare Gail's body of work in the E, which matches have been better than Sasha's work especially in NXT? If anything I'd put Sasha there due to the quality of booking she's had vs most other female performers.

Well if we're just including her work in WWE, than I would say definitely not. Other than the match at Wrestlemania, she hasn't had another great main roster match. But I don't include NXT when referring to WWE because although they are owned by the same company, they are completely different animals. Just look at the way the women are allowed to perform there for the most part and how they perform on the main roster and they are clearly not the same. I think you'd have to open it up to matches elsewhere in order for either of them to be in consideration for such an accolade. So I was looking at the complete body of work of the wrestlers who have at one time or another been in WWE. Simply because Gail's matches were better elsewhere doesn't make her less of an in ring performer than Banks.

If I open it up to others, and include their work in NXT and elsewhere, that is how I come to the conclusion on Gail

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Underestimating, Gail, like that is stupid. She's had some of the best womens wrestling matches I've ever seen. Sasha just has a bigger platform with more able bodied competitors to show it off.