Is Matt Hardy Over-Rated??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
You Will Bow To Matt Hardy....he Is The Greatest Man Alive Mother Fucker

V1ahhhhhhhhhhhh 4 Life

Rell for WWEs standards he is phenominal....Your just used to ROH...unlike all of us.

can you list why Matt Hardy is so good? Give good reasons.

He's alright, nothing special but now and then puts on good singles matches although he hasnt for a little while. I think his match against MVP at GAB will be a good example for me if he does poorly because that match is supposed to be good.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
can you list why Matt Hardy is so good? Give good reasons.

He's alright, nothing special but now and then puts on good singles matches although he hasnt for a little while. I think his match against MVP at GAB will be a good example for me if he does poorly because that match is supposed to be good.

its called a joke....go read my damn post last page asshole :p

Great One

I haven't even bothered to read this thread because it's already a joke. I read where you said don't get mad, but honestly calling arguably the most underrated guy in the WWE right now, overrated, is very funny. =p

But I'll say this, currently, Matt Hardy has been the best performer in the WWE and put on better matches than ANYONE. He hasn't put on good single matches in awhile? HAHA. He's put on the best matches in the past 1-2 months, every match he has been in is a MOTN. Maybe it was the people he worked with, such as Kennedy/MVP who are also very good, but if he can work a match well with BOTH of them he definitely has a lot of talent.

With that said, I have to say that Matt Hardy is definitely the shit and deserves his title shot in this year, or the WWE seriously needs to quit being douchebags, and once again, get their head out of their asses because Matt Hardy gets the 2nd or 3rd biggest reaction out of anyone in the WWE. And he is also over.

Truth

Reaction score
I haven't even bothered to read this thread because it's already a joke. I read where you said don't get mad, but honestly calling arguably the most underrated guy in the WWE right now, overrated, is very funny. =p

But I'll say this, currently, Matt Hardy has been the best performer in the WWE and put on better matches than ANYONE. He hasn't put on good single matches in awhile? HAHA. He's put on the best matches in the past 1-2 months, every match he has been in is a MOTN. Maybe it was the people he worked with, such as Kennedy/MVP who are also very good, but if he can work a match well with BOTH of them he definitely has a lot of talent.

With that said, I have to say that Matt Hardy is definitely the shit and deserves his title shot in this year, or the WWE seriously needs to quit being douchebags, and once again, get their head out of their asses because Matt Hardy gets the 2nd or 3rd biggest reaction out of anyone in the WWE. And he is also over.

So him doing abunch of snap mares, elbows to the back, clothesline, getting beat up for 10 minutes, scoop slam, twist of fate. Thats MOTN? Seriously he's so repetitive and his moves arent even good. ALot of people may be kindof repetitive but atleast they change it up a bit, have pretty good moves and go at a faster pace.

Under-rated? Only by the WWE. WHen I say over-rated I mean by all of you huge Hardy fans. You think he's greatness and one of the best in WWE when he hasnt even won a singles title I dont think.

Wrestling Station

Matt Hardy career was good in WWE. He had some good matches in his career. But to think of him as a world champion? Common, thats way beyond imagination. I think if he ever gets a push, it shouldnt exceed the IC title or tag team titles with Jeff. I remember in 2006 he was jobbing to everyone, even if he got the chance to play against a kid, he would have jobbed to him.

I dont see him being a ME material. So yes, he is Over-rated.

Reaction score
2007 will be his Mid-Card year. watch him win the US Title from MVP (not a GAB but very soon). 2008 will be his Upper-Card year. in Mid/Late 2008 he will make it to the Main Event and become a contender for the WHC.

ateam

Reaction score
he is over rated but he might be something in the future if he works on his carachter.
look at styles (aj) at the start of 05 his promos were awful and his character was bland now he is a great mic worker and a edgier character.
Matt hardy could follow that pattern and when you look back his feuds for instance the never ending ne with helms mean he lost the razor sharpness of someone constantly being tested by diferent ring styles of the different wrestlers.
hardy would do wonders for the us scene as the idiot who hits exciting and quite dangerous stunts and puts on matches that are generally quite good viewing and as soon as he gets that dow the whc title won't be far behind.

Sorry if he get's that down.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Truth quit bashin Hardy please.......GO watch a mother fucking Edge match,or a Cena match,or a Batista match,or an Undertaker match,even a fucking Benoit match.....They are all repetative and they all use the same moves......you are judging based on some really dumb shit...... In your opinion Matt has boring matches.......who dosent???? If a Matt Hardy match is boring to you than either you like only hardcore shit or only High Spots shit....Hate to break it to you but what Matt Hardy does in the ring is called WRESTLING!!!

Truth

Reaction score
Truth quit bashin Hardy please.......GO watch a mother fucking Edge match,or a Cena match,or a Batista match,or an Undertaker match,even a fucking Benoit match.....They are all repetative and they all use the same moves......you are judging based on some really dumb shit...... In your opinion Matt has boring matches.......who dosent???? If a Matt Hardy match is boring to you than either you like only hardcore shit or only High Spots shit....Hate to break it to you but what Matt Hardy does in the ring is called WRESTLING!!!

Yeah there repetitive...but there exciting and fun to watch because the moves are good and they go at a good pace. Matt Hardy does crap, snap mares, elbows, leg drops, scoop slams thats not the least bit exciting. He needs to extend his moveset because its so bad. Cena has some good moves, but his style is to brawl and hes damn good at it thats what makes his matches, Batista aint half bad either he definetly has better moves then Hardy, hes a powerhouse and uses that in his moveset.

Reaction score
@ Matthardyv1
Holy Carp you make it sound like that Matt Hardy is the best wrestler that ever lived.
All the wrestlers you mentioned don't get their ass kicked in a match for 8-10 mins every single time expect Cena he just sucks. Hell I once fell asleep watching one of Hardy's match. He just needs to change a few things around in the ring, that doesn't mean that he is a crappy wrestler. Just relax and let people share their opinions about the guy.

reaction

Reaction score
no definetly isnt he is a very good superstar works hard in his matchs

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
Matt's moves can be repetitive and slow-like, but don't think he's overrated. He can surprise us with some good moves which keeps people in awe.

Rell

Reaction score
I'm not sure if he is over-rated overall but like I said he is definitely over-rated by this forum. Look at his last few very good matches, they were against MVP and William Regal who are definitely not scrubs when it comes to wrestling...You said in "WWE standards" he's phenominal? since when did WWE have its own standards set aside? I judge wrestling as a whole, not by company standards and IMO Matt Hardy isn't as good as some of you make him out to be. Dylan said "he's been impressive lately"...How? Because he has picked up a couple of wins? Lets not forget wrestling in pre-determined, Mickie James could beat Batista if Vince wanted her to. With that being said, I do believe Matt Hardy deserves a good title run because of his dedication and work that he has put in, as far as him being one of the top wrestlers in any standard...I DON'T THINK SO.

In fact, if I name WWE's most talented all around wrestlers I'm not sure if Matt Hardy would make top ten...Remember this is all my opinion, I'm sure some of you will disagree.

BTW, Sorry MatthardyV1...I'm sure you will not like this post, its all love :)