Is Matt Hardy Over-Rated??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
Dont get pissed all you Hardy marks this is just an observation of mine. I admit I have been on the bandwagon for some time now but thats mostly because he was competing in tag team wrestling. Whenever he's in a singles match it bored me, even with MVP. All he seems to do is moves involving a headlock, an elbow to the neck off the rope, shout like a lunatic and stomp the mat, twist of fate, 1....2...3. Sure he sells well but when he's not teamed up with Jeff hes a bit boring, most of his exciting moves are double team moves with his brother. Its the same for Jeff, maybe hes exciting but as a singles competitor he just doesnt cut it. This is an observation of mine over the past month, Matt vs. Cade, Matt vs. MVP, Matt vs. Masters all sucked. Only thing good about that MVP vs. Matt match was the last 5 minutes. Matt Hardy is to slow paced when in a singles match and needs to pick up the pace like he did at the end of his match with MVP two weeks ago.

MikeRaw

Hmm Im sort of split on this.On the one hand,his matches in singles are as you said,a bit repetitive.But for me they usually are one of the more entertaining ones in the show.I think the crowd just really gets into it,he sells stuff pretty good and its usually competitive.Id like to see him change up the match style a bit though.As for the overrated part,I dont know.And I like Matt Hardy alot but some fans of his will be good fans and know why they like him and enjoy watching him.And some other fans act like hes god and worship him lol.So I guess it depends who youre talking to about him....

Smackdown Fan

Reaction score
I'm not say I love the guy or that I'm his biggest fan but he aint over-rated he's a hard working Superstar, I like wathcing him in singles contest,sorry to disagree but he aint over-rated IMO

PeepShow

Honestly, I haver never really been into Matt Hardy. I havent really been a big fan of him. I have always thought of him as a good wrestler, I just dont care for his gimmick or style, but to call him overrated is a bit to much IMO

Reaction score
Its true I sometimes get bored while watching his matches as well. I am a huge fan of him but he needs to change what he does in his matches once in a while.
I wouldn't say that Jeff is boring to watch in singles action because he is a risk taker. He'll jump off a 20 foot later to entertain you then win a match (WM23)

3lions

Reaction score
Matt Hardy is being over-rated recently, but there is no denying that he is one of the top babyfaces in the company right now and fully deserves some sort of push. 2007 has been the best wrestling year for Matt so far and he is truly startig to shine as a singles star, generating huge reactions from the crowd and finally proving his biggest critics in the WWE wrong. However, his personality/character is really boring and that needs to be adjusted. I loved his character during his Mattitude days with Shannon Moore and wish he would regain some of that charisma. But yes, in a way, Matt is over-rated, but he has earned it (if that makes sence...).

the dark knight

Matt Hardy is being over-rated recently, but there is no denying that he is one of the top babyfaces in the company right now and fully deserves some sort of push. 2007 has been the best wrestling year for Matt so far and he is truly startig to shine as a singles star, generating huge reactions from the crowd and finally proving his biggest critics in the WWE wrong. However, his personality/character is really boring and that needs to be adjusted. I loved his character during his Mattitude days with Shannon Moore and wish he would regain some of that charisma. But yes, in a way, Matt is over-rated, but he has earned it (if that makes sence...).

ok, took the words right outta mu mouth. matt hardy is boring as fuck this year, i cant even remember when was the last time i saw him talking on the mic! 1 more thing, his scott hall bounce in his entrance is really really, testicles.

as for what to do with him, just put him against MVP but with a complicated storyline...not just the simple heel vs face rivalry.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
OMFG....Another Matt Hardy bash thread...ive seen em all before but I never thought I would see them as of late....Matt Hardys matches are boring?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!Fuck that....Matt Hardy WRESTLES in a match,Im sorry if he isnt a fucking spot monkey like London or Kendrick or Jeff but what the fuck....Go watch a god damn HHH,HBK,Kennedy,Booker,Orton,Stone Cold match they are all slow paced....Wrestling is slow fucking paced!!Matt Hardy has had some classic matches latley,and damnit Im sorry to tell you but its WWE who wants his matches to be the way they are,not Hardy...

As for his character....I hate to break it to you...but in the wrestling world you dont get to grab a mic and say what ever you want...WWE TELLS YOU WAT TO SAY AND DO!!! Matt Hardy has charisma but he just dosent get any chance to show it....damnit all of you are hypocrites....all of you talk about how "Oh I only like wrestling for the actual wrestling,not for the Storys" Well then quit bitching and watch how good of a wrestler he is,you judgemental fucks.....One week everyone loves him,the next hes 'boring'.....Make up your fucking mind.You all wanted to see him pushed,and now that he has been pushed,all of you think its boring...Ill be back with more arguements but for now im done.

Reaction score
OMFG....Another Matt Hardy bash thread...ive seen em all before but I never thought I would see them as of late....Matt Hardys matches are boring?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!Fuck that....Matt Hardy WRESTLES in a match,Im sorry if he isnt a fucking spot monkey like London or Kendrick or Jeff but what the fuck....Go watch a god damn HHH,HBK,Kennedy,Booker,Orton,Stone Cold match they are all slow paced....Wrestling is slow fucking paced!!Matt Hardy has had some classic matches latley,and damnit Im sorry to tell you but its WWE who wants his matches to be the way they are,not Hardy...

As for his character....I hate to break it to you...but in the wrestling world you dont get to grab a mic and say what ever you want...WWE TELLS YOU WAT TO SAY AND DO!!! Matt Hardy has charisma but he just dosent get any chance to show it....damnit all of you are hypocrites....all of you talk about how "Oh I only like wrestling for the actual wrestling,not for the Storys" Well then quit bitching and watch how good of a wrestler he is,you judgemental fucks.....One week everyone loves him,the next hes 'boring'.....Make up your fucking mind.You all wanted to see him pushed,and now that he has been pushed,all of you think its boring...Ill be back with more arguements but for now im done.

im 100% behind Matt too. V1 took the words from me.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I'm probably the biggest Matt Hardy hater on this site but I only hate because everyone jumps to conclusions and immediately think Hardy should get a push. Matt Hardy is one of those wrestlers I enjoy watching because I know he isnt really go anywhere or is going to be imprinting his name in the wrestling biz as a singles star.

He was good when he and Jeff first entered the business, then they broke up and just like the European and Hardcore titles he won he slowly faded away. Since then he hasnt really done anything worthy enough to put him in the ME picture. When word of Edge moving over to Smackdown, EVERY FRICKIN PERSON ALL SAID THE SAME THING: "OH HARDY SHOULD GET A PUSH BECUZ THEY FEUDED OVER A YR AGO" So lets bring up a feud that's done and over with? NO WAY!!

Hardy actually has to win a feud to be considered to be in the ME picture, when was the last time he won a feud? Hmmm, anyone? I'd love to know because everytime I come by Smackdown he's always losing to the likes of Kennedy, Finlay, Booker? Whos next, most likely MVP next.

LKP

He should be a world champion only ecw champion though. Glass ceiling or not,he hasn't got the it factor for the world title. I dont know why he just has'nt.

Enigma22

Reaction score
both hardys are way under rated in my opinion. neither should be wwe champ on raw cause that show has to many bigger guys but they should both be main eventing smackdown or ecw.

icebox

Reaction score
Though I am a fan of his,I must admit he was much more impressive as part of tag team. Though I always followed the belief that both matt and jeff didnt work well without the other?
that may just be me,

but nonetheless i still enjoy watching his matches:)

Markz

Reaction score
I used to think he was, but recently he has pulled through, but if he won the US title on Sunday, that would be WWE pushing him too fast.