Is Matt Hardy Over-Rated??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shawn Van Angle

Reaction score
Matt is a spotmonkey...always will be...if the WWE talent wasn't so deluted by injuries, death...and by great wrestlers like Angle and Christain going to TNA...he wouldn't of even been getting this push.

Truth

Reaction score
OMFG....Another Matt Hardy bash thread...ive seen em all before but I never thought I would see them as of late....Matt Hardys matches are boring?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!Fuck that....Matt Hardy WRESTLES in a match,Im sorry if he isnt a fucking spot monkey like London or Kendrick or Jeff but what the fuck....Go watch a god damn HHH,HBK,Kennedy,Booker,Orton,Stone Cold match they are all slow paced....Wrestling is slow fucking paced!!Matt Hardy has had some classic matches latley,and damnit Im sorry to tell you but its WWE who wants his matches to be the way they are,not Hardy...

As for his character....I hate to break it to you...but in the wrestling world you dont get to grab a mic and say what ever you want...WWE TELLS YOU WAT TO SAY AND DO!!! Matt Hardy has charisma but he just dosent get any chance to show it....damnit all of you are hypocrites....all of you talk about how "Oh I only like wrestling for the actual wrestling,not for the Storys" Well then quit bitching and watch how good of a wrestler he is,you judgemental fucks.....One week everyone loves him,the next hes 'boring'.....Make up your fucking mind.You all wanted to see him pushed,and now that he has been pushed,all of you think its boring...Ill be back with more arguements but for now im done.

damn dude chill

Nobody said he needs to be a spot monkey but lately he's been boring. Hes very slow paced as a singles wrestler, HHH, Austin etc, arent really all that slow paced they go at a good solid pace and really work well in the ring, Matt Hardy doesnt compare to them at all. Lately put on classic matches? Lance Cade, Chris Masters, MVP were classics? Not in my books. He worked well with Edge and put on good matches but who doesnt put on good matches with Edge? I just think he needs to prove himself against good singles competitors and pick up his pace as well as adding moves to his set since all of his exciting ones are tag team. He has charisma, he gets reaction and his mic skills are pretty good but in my opinion I'd take Shelton Benjamin over him as a fan any day. Benjamin is better in the ring, has charisma he's finally letting it out (previous Raw) and is pretty funny.

Christian

Reaction score
Matt is a spotmonkey...always will be...if the WWE talent wasn't so deluted by injuries, death...and by great wrestlers like Angle and Christain going to TNA...he wouldn't of even been getting this push.

matt imo is one of the better competitors, i actually like watching his matches, unlike people like angle who just do suplex suplex suplex suplex ankle lock game.

Shawn Van Angle

Reaction score
matt imo is one of the better competitors, i actually like watching his matches, unlike people like angle who just do suplex suplex suplex suplex ankle lock game.

Well....I'm thinking you know little about the psychology of pro-wrestling...much like that top rope monkey.

Beer Money Army

i don't think matt hardy is overrated.... i think his wrestling is better than Jeff Hardy.. but im likeing his feud with MVP for the U.S. Championship... Matt Hardy should stay aroudn this area and then maybe next 9-15 months push him into world championship contendership..... He's an Good single wrestler but i don't think he's ready for an world championship shot yet.. May in 2008 in the mid of the year.....

I know he's been there since 1995.. but the fact that he was tagging from 95-2002 he needs to adapt (who ever you spell it) more to an singles wrestler.. because singles and Tag are totally different......

His match with Mr kennedy and Finlay this year in (april-June) have been his best in 2007....

Reaction score
Matt Hardy is a solid performer. He should never be in the ME (at least on Raw, I don't usually watch SD), but he usually puts on at least a decent match. I'll admit that he was better with Jeff as a tag team, but in truth I don't mind his singles work.

Rell

Reaction score
Matt Hardy is definitely overrated by this forum...IMO Matt Hardy is sloppy in ring. He's not a bad performer, like Flair Is God said, he's a solid performer. He has no personality right now. When he was V1 I liked his cocky attitude, but right now all I see is a sloppy guy with weird pants and chest hair putting together decent matches. He certainly deserves everything he is gaining because of the work he has put in, I just don't think he has the talent to be World Champion, but hey if Batista can hold the championship, theres no reason why Matt Hardy cant.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
^^If Matt was in ROH you would have sigs and shit like:

Z0mg I mark out for Matt Hardy ROHbot 4 life!!!!!!!!!!!!@#!#~!~!!

:p

Rell

Reaction score
^Not at all. When Matt Hardy was in ROH it actually showed his weakness which is wrestling. Like I said Matt Hardy isn't the most talented wrestler in the world and you make him seem like he is the second coming of Christ.

BTW, I have a PWG sig not a ROH sig :)

Reaction score
^Not at all. When Matt Hardy was in ROH it actually showed his weakness which is wrestling. Like I said Matt Hardy isn't the most talented wrestler in the world and you make him seem like he is the second coming of Christ.

BTW, I have a PWG sig not a ROH sig :)

hes at the top of the Most Talented list though.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
You Will Bow To Matt Hardy....he Is The Greatest Man Alive Mother Fucker

V1ahhhhhhhhhhhh 4 Life

Rell for WWEs standards he is phenominal....Your just used to ROH...unlike all of us.

Reaction score
^I think thats a good point, by WWE standards he is very, very good. Honestly, if he worked up a new gimmick I wouldn't see why he couldn't be at least IC champ, if not more. It would sure be a hell of a lot better than seeing a bunch of muscleheads, the majority of whom should never wrestle at all, become champions (*coughBatistacough*).