is it me or has randy gotten a bit stale?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
it just feels like he needs something.not sure what.im a fan its just you can only do the same thing 1000 times before its old.maybe he should freshen up his look,get new ring gear,grow his hair out,something.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
This has been the same Orton for the past 2 years, hell it might even be longer.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He grew a beard last year.

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
so getting new ring gear or grow his hair out is gonna make a guy not be stale anymore :lmao C'MON BRO. It's his gimmick that's making him stale not his look.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
He's long overdue for another tattoo.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
All mega faces get bland after a while. Orton, Cena, Punk have all gotten boring.

Orton does need some revamping. Idk if he needs a new gimmick, he needs to re-establish the Viper gimmick. Go back to punting everyone left and right.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
That's kind of interesting to note. Austin and Rock did not have the longevity on top that Cena and Orton have seemingly had.

I disagree that Orton is at all a lost cause or can't regain his credibility. He's not made any adjustments to his character for over a couple of years, he just curls up like a snake and RKO's things.

Orton is stale, but WWE need to give the guy something to run with. His fued with Christian was the last time he did anything and that was quite entertaining.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
He's been stale for quite some time, ever since he turned face sometime after WrestleMania XXVI. I was a fan of his heel run before that with Legacy and such, and also years ago with the legend killer gimmick but other than that, he's boring.

His promos are boring and his voice makes them even worse (he's admitted he sucks at promos).

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Agreed, he's a natural heel whether he's cocky or melancholy. He's not bad at all as a face but he always falls into the babyface trap of not changing and becoming stale. Happens to most faces. In a way I do have a lot of respect for Austin and Rock who realised they'd done it all and knew when to quit.

Not that Randy should quit, he's still young and talented. But he needs to adapt and change. Stone Cold managed to re-invent himself just by saying "What?", so its just those small creative tweeks that you need to stay relevant. Randy and Cena are stagnating while the likes of CM Punk have overtaken them naturally, they've become so bland and unchanging that they actually personify the status quo in WWE.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
so getting new ring gear or grow his hair out is gonna make a guy not be stale anymore :lmao C'MON BRO. It's his gimmick that's making him stale not his look.
to me look is kinda part of gimmick but yes his gimmick either needs tweaking or he needs a new gimmick.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
All mega faces get bland after a while. Orton, Cena, Punk have all gotten boring.

Orton does need some revamping. Idk if he needs a new gimmick, he needs to re-establish the Viper gimmick. Go back to punting everyone left and right.

Mega face? Seriously. He's never done anything to act like a face other than how he's booked which is one of the reasons he's so stale

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Mega face? Seriously. He's never done anything to act like a face other than how he's booked which is one of the reasons he's so stale

I consider him a mega face. He's just as over as Cena and Punk, the two other major faces in the E. I lump them all together in that tier, with Sheamus not too far behind.

The thing about wrestlers are that in order for them to stay relevant and interesting, they need to evolve. They need to grow as characters. Orton hasnt done that in years, since before he turned on Legacy. It was nice to see him go from cocky rookie to legend killer to Viper, but he needs something else. I don't think he needs a complete overhaul, I think he just needs to go back to doing whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted to whoever he wanted.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
He's been stale for years, he's sucked for years... Pass him the oil.