Is Heath Slater taking the Miz's spot while absent?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Seems like Heath is getting lots of mic time and that use to be Miz's spot. Aside from having mic time, he is also in the present of legends thus far.

Reactions: 1 person

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Good question.

I never really thought of it, but yeah, does seem like a 'Miz thing' to be doing.

Wonder why Slater of all people though (not that he isnt doing a great job)

Aniking

Reaction score
I didn't think Miz was a jobber to legends? The only time I can recall is when he lost the United States title to Bret Hart.

Slater's just being used for his comedic value and the fact he's a heat magnet because he's annoying. Not taking Miz's spot at all.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I like Heath, so if he gets more TV time, I'm okay with it. He could be such a good heel with the current gimmick he has, Hell, he could make a decent face too.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Eh both guys were jobbing out lately, so I'd say yes in a sense.

If I was Slater I would be using this time to learn and develop, I mean he gets to step into the ring with some of the company's best of the past.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't see any comparisons between the two to say that Slater has taken Miz's spot. He's just gained his own spot, though its not a very good one.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I didn't think of this before, but like Cork said, this is a very "Miz-type" thing to do. I do like Slater doing this though, he's found a way to get over and get a following, even if it is jobbing like this. He was gold during that horrible Lauper segment.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The Miz doesn't really say or do anything original, but its how he does it. When The Miz calls someone out he's usually more threatening about it and is built up as a guy who can pose a challenge. Heath Slater, on the other hand, is put over as a walking joke, pretty much the total opposite of Ryback. When he calls out these legends, we all understand he's going to have his face kicked in (I have no problem with this either, nothing new to wrestling).

Slater is a comedy act, whereas The Miz, at least relatively speaking, is a legitimate contender. They are totally different acts.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I meant it just seemed like a Miz thing to do with the way they were jobbing the hell out of Miz recently. I can easily picture Miz in Slater's place right now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Interesting connection, I never gave it too much thought but thinking about it now I think you are right. Miz would most likely have been given this role if he was still around, before he left he had the gimmick where he was bemoaning his position on the card, remember he did win the mainevent at WM, but couldn't even win the US title. He would have faced this legends to prove that he was better than them and then lose like Slater has.

It has been great for Slater, even if he is losing to these legends, because he is actually getting to show off his gimmick whereas before he was just a jobber. I never knew that he was this strong on the mic. Now he is a jobber with a gimmick.

Blujay

Reaction score
I don't know if you meant is he taking Miz's spot on the roster or what exactly. My thoughts on it are that he does seem to be filling the time slot that Miz would probably be in right about now. I could easily see the Miz doing these segments instead of Slater. However, it would bury him further I feel so I'm glad he's off filming right now. On the flip side, putting a nobody jobber like Slater into this spot has actually made him somewhat relevant and allowed him to get over with the crowd.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
If Miz wasn't doing his movie right now, I know that this would be his line because he can really put heat on the fans and the guests in the ring. This is pretty much his atmosphere he can connect to and has fast reaction to answer back. When I started noticing this was when he came to Lauper and Pipper on LIVE tv. The Raw before that, I thought putting him with Vader was just a predictable jobbing match for one night. But facing a great past Superstar? That's liability to put on Slater for Live tv. But either way, seems like Slater is taking advantage of it and similarity seems fine to me. He makes it work out.