Is He Right?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This guy's voice is hilarious he needs to look into being a commentator one day. He had some points but some of them not so much such as shadow of the attitude era part but overall I don't think today's product is ruined. At first I was gonna agree with him when I saw the title but then he went on acting as if this era is supposed to just go and say well oh well we will never be as good as the ones before us which is dumb because the attitude era had a era before them that was a big boom period in the 80's with Hogan, Savage, etc. Women's division part is like very invalid considering the best time for the divas came in that 04-06 range. Crash tv point is weird because it wasn't like they stopped doing gimmick matches and matches actually got better as it went away from the attitude era. Brand split part is only funny cause while I see the vid was made in 2010 it's damn near useless now with the supershow thing.

Best points he had were about too many rematches which annoy the fuck out of me as I never wanna see another Orton/HHH match again in my life for example. Think it makes it where we see too much dragging of feuds which doesn't help when you have so many ppv's.

HB_Punk

Reaction score
I do miss Jobber matches :(

I'm not going to watch the entire video, but I agree with his first three points.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
For people who can't be arsed to watch the video, I wish I didn't. I'll reply later on.

1. [*=center]Loss Of Jobbers / Jobber matches
    [*=center]Too Many PPV's
    [*=center]Too Many Rematches
    [*=center]Too many Belts
    [*=center]Loss of midcard / Intercontinental Title Strength
    [*=center]The Brand Split
    [*=center]No More WCW
    [*=center]A Joke Womens Division
    [*=center]Shadow Of The Attitude Era
    [*=center]"Crash TV"

HB_Punk

Reaction score
I was just talking about how bad it is that there are no more jobbers.

They are trying to build Albert up as a monster character - and in his first 3 weeks he is wrestling Cena.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Attitude Era ruined wrestling by raising the bar of violence and made wrestlers into stuntmen and now everyone expects new wrestlers to live up to that, when most of the guys who did that shit are either dead or broken and bitter.

Attitude Era women were wrestling in mud and jello, and the best divas division was after the Attitude Era.

There are too many PPV's and there the fans are too impatient to let long storylines unfold, so we keep getting fast tracked major angles in about 3 months tops.

Mostly the overexpectations on fans parts is what is ruining wrestling.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Looking at his list on paper, I agree with all but 3 of them. Unfortunately I didn't watch much of the video, eventually I just wanted him to talk normally.

HB_Punk

Reaction score
Looking at his list on paper, I agree with all but 3 of them. Unfortunately I didn't watch much of the video, eventually I just wanted him to talk normally.

Check it out man, it's great to get screamed at through the internet.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
As a business standpoint, WWE did nothing wrong, the jobbers thing, that was more or less to compete with a rival company. It sucks that we don't really have it now, but that's what FCW is for isn't it?

HB_Punk

Reaction score
The E needed WCW. After the merger there was was way to many big names, so there wasn't enough time to book everyone. They need to get rid of the brand thing and scrap some of the titles. They have no mid card talent, but scraping some belts some of the main events might drop down into the midcard.

ALSO BRING BACK CARLITO.

And maybe just maybe TNA will actually stop being the most random television show I have ever seen.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
This angry little douchebag is a complete and utter joke. He speaks as if he's been through the Attitude era, and I took one look at this video and immediately realized he's not even old enough to have "been through that".

1) Jobbers were not abolished in the Attitude era. Maybe if the moron had actually watched it, he would know that WWE was pretty much washed with them up until the WCW guys came over and there wasn't any room for many jobbers on the roster anymore. They had an entire division for jobbers, it was called the "Hardcore division".

2) Bitching about good matches on free tv? Seriously? I bet the smurf watches streams anyways. As if I'm to believe this snot-nosed punk is forking over $60 every month out of his own pocket and has any reason to bitch about such a thing? The good tv matches are rarely, I mean RARELY, even between two wrestlers with a match scheduled at an up-coming ppv. When it does happen, it's usually a rematch from a match that already happened at the most recent ppv. Not sure what he's on about.

3) 12 ppv's a year was WCW's doing, not WWE's. Oh, and they are pretty friggin important to WWE making MONEY and being able to afford everything else they do. I fucking hate it when children speak of things they don't understand. Again, seriously doubt the kid is buying the ppv's anyways.

4) The # of rematches really isn't an issue. It's been the same way for decades, not even sure what he's talking about. Hogan and Andre feuded for several years and had waaaaay more than 3 matches. Austin and Rock had 3 matches at Wrestlemania alone. So his claim about "the best rivalries only have a few matches" is completely false.

5) He's right about too many belts. But that doesn't exactly take an expert to see.

6) Noticed the guy has a video called "Cena sells stuff, who cares?" I'm guessing the people who sell it and the people who buy the shit. What a tool.

7) Wrestlers are not limited to one show anymore. The video's a little old, so whatever. But I don't get how that means "only a fraction of the audience sees certain stars". Is he aware those shows are televised in the same countries? He makes it seems like only America gets Raw and only England gets Smackdown. If that were the case, this claim would make sense.

8) "No WCW" is a reason wrestling sucks now? Boy, we have a real genius talking here. Can't even believe it fell this low on his list. If I did a video like this, this would be the only thing I would talk about. This is THE only reason. The Attitude era was an evolution of the product. After it was over, it slowly reverted back to how it had been traditionally before the Monday Night War. It tried to recapture the glory days of the 80's when WWE was more cartoony, geared primarily towards children, and unopposed by competition. But they simply forgot this isn't the 80's anymore and both WWE, WCW, ECW, and the INTERNET had changed the culture and expectations of the audience. No mention of any of this in his video.

9) Can't believe he even mentioned Alundra Blayze or women's wrestling in general having anything to do with it. Wow. It was actually at it's strongest peak after the Attitude Era.

10) Attitude era was a WWE thing. Not the same as the "Monday Night Wars". He says that when he speaks of the "Attitude Era", he means "WWE, WCW, and ECW". Well... he's an idiot then.

11) Mad at Miz for claiming to be "filling the shoes" of Rock and Austin? Not even sure what the fuck he's talking about. I guess he forgot which side of the kayfabe fence he was on.

This is why I don't watch videos like this often, because they seriously give me a headache. So many terrible uninformed opinions crammed into only 10 minutes.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Attitude Era ruined wrestling by raising the bar of violence and made wrestlers into stuntmen and now everyone expects new wrestlers to live up to that, when most of the guys who did that shit are either dead or broken and bitter.
And what an unbelievably moronic statement this is, good lord.

- The Rock couldn't possibly be in better condition.
- Austin wasn't affected by any injury that doesn't happen today or any other era. The neck injury that forced him into retirement was caused by a piledriver, a move that's been in existence since the early 20th century.
- Undertaker and Triple H have been in more Hell in a Cell matches than anyone else, and they're both fine.
- The Hardy Boyz fucked their life up outside the ring after the Attitude era was long over.
- The Dudleyz are fine.
- Christian is fine. Edge was fine up until a couple years ago. Those are your biggest 6 spot monkeys from that era.
- Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Hulk Hogan, Sting, Goldberg, Kevin Nash and every other major star from that era is in relatively good health right now.

You're probably just talking out your ass like every other person who trashes that era because of Mick Foley's stupid ass (who WAS a stuntman, he was certainly never a good wrestler) and Chris Benoit. And Eddie Guerrero and Scott Hall were both druggie alcoholics with a fuck ton of personal issues for years before they started having health issues.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
And what an unbelievably moronic statement this is, good lord.

- The Rock couldn't possibly be in better condition.
- Austin wasn't affected by any injury that doesn't happen today or any other era. The neck injury that forced him into retirement was caused by a piledriver, a move that's been in existence since the early 20th century.
- Undertaker and Triple H have been in more Hell in a Cell matches than anyone else, and they're both fine.
- The Hardy Boyz fucked their life up outside the ring after the Attitude era was long over.
- The Dudleyz are fine.
- Christian is fine. Edge was fine up until a couple years ago. Those are your biggest 6 spot monkeys from that era.
- Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Hulk Hogan, Sting, Goldberg, Kevin Nash and every other major star from that era is in relatively good health right now.

You're probably just talking out your ass like every other person who trashes that era because of Mick Foley's stupid ass (who WAS a stuntman, he was certainly never a good wrestler) and Chris Benoit. And Eddie Guerrero and Scott Hall were both druggie alcoholics with a fuck ton of personal issues for years before they started having health issues.

When the fuck did I equate The Rock to a spotastic stuntman? Did I mention him? No I didn't, but then again, you are just blindly defending the Attitude Era here so you can use it to call everyone with differing views on it names. Right?

Hell In A Cells are easy to do and Trips or Taker never took a giant bump in them blueberry.

Look at the 90s roster of ECW and try defend the deathrate of guys from that era.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Attitude Era women were wrestling in mud and jello, and the best divas division was after the Attitude Era.

There are too many PPV's and there the fans are too impatient to let long storylines unfold, so we keep getting fast tracked major angles in about 3 months tops.

Mostly the overexpectations on fans parts is what is ruining wrestling.

Yeah I agree with just about all of that.

If it wasn't for the performances of the likes of Austin, Rock, Mcmahon and Foley the Attitude era would have been pretty poor.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
When the fuck did I equate The Rock to a spotastic stuntman? Did I mention him? No I didn't, but then again, you are just blindly defending the Attitude Era here so you can use it to call everyone with differing views on it names. Right?

Hell In A Cells are easy to do and Trips or Taker never took a giant bump in them blueberry.

Look at the 90s roster of ECW and try defend the deathrate of guys from that era.
How about you give me a list of names of people who are "broken or bitter" because that would be a lot simpler considering there aren't many. Most people from that era aren't anymore fucked up today than the wrestlers of any other era. I'm not "blindly defending the Attitude era" you fucking dimwit and I didn't even address the rest of your post which was mostly correct. But saying the Crash TV stuff was the sole reason a few people are screwed up today is complete and utter nonsense.

ECW wasn't "The Attitude era" either because it wasn't WWE. It seems you're misinformed about that as well.