Is Chris Benoit the greatest technical wrestler of all time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Mr. Perfect > Punk
Jericho > Punk
Owen > Punk
Bret > Punk
Malenko > Punk

I could go on and on. Punk is good, very good even, but not great. Sorry.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Your opinion :cool:

Guerrero > Punk
Angle > Punk

Hell Tyson Kidd is a much better technical wrestler that Punk is

I hate to sound like a Punk hater because I like the guy, but you guys are overrating him if we are talking strictly about technical ability. I think you've bought into his best in the world propaganda

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Guerrero > Punk
Angle > Punk

Hell Tyson Kidd is a much better technical wrestler that Punk is

I hate to sound like a Punk hater because I like the guy, but you guys are overrating him if we are talking strictly about technical ability. I think you've bought into his best in the world propaganda

All I said was it's your opinion. Saying "He is better than.." is wrong. It's your opinion. Opinions can't be wrong. Don't say I've bought into the "best in the world" persona, because I preferred Punk before that gimmick. I'd much rather watch Punk wrestle than Tyson Kid and I think he's in the same league as Eddie and Kurt, who are also in the same league as Chris. My opinion.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't feel the need to qualify every post I make with 'my opinion' Of course it's all opinion that's why we are on a message board is to share opinions

I'd rather watch Punk wrestle than Tyson Kidd too because he is more entertaining. But strictly as technicians Kidd is superior

Reaction score
Website
www.sevendaysofsunday.com
Oh wow, great shout out for Dean Malenko, he absolutely belongs high on the list as well. He's one of the most underappreciated workers of all time IMO. His WCW stuff was unreal.

One of my favorite moments ever:

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
You are the one getting off topic, not me. Punk isn't on the same level as the guys I've mentioned ITT, end of story. Feel free to disagree

I agree. Punk is NOT on the same level as Chris.

Liked your post.

@[Dolph'sZiggler].

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Randy Savage said:
YES! But saddly no 1 will remember b/c of what he did to his family! Great Wrestler but an Evil Human!

He was not "evil". He could not control his actions whatsoever. I don't condone what he does, but he was pretty much a mindless zombie with dimentia IMO. They have proven that he had major mental problems. It's not like he did all of that on purpose just because he felt like it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
RKO said:
He was not "evil". He could not control his actions whatsoever. I don't condone what he does, but he was pretty much a mindless zombie with dimentia IMO. They have proven that he had major mental problems. It's not like he did all of that on purpose just because he felt like it.

+rep. Totally agree, let me see if I can find my post I made on the topic a few days ago

Found it

Dolph'sZiggler said:
I understand why the 86'd him from the record books, it had to be done from a business perspective. It's just sad how the entire thing played out. People blame Benoit but I blame the industry. He was legitimately out of his mind by the time the tragedy occurred, his brain was mush from the combination of steroids, pain killers, and head trauma caused by things like diving head butts (off of cages/ladders no less) and unprotected chair shots (to the front and back of the head.) In his mind I believe Benoit thought he was doing 'the right thing' as strange as it sounds. He left bibles with both bodies, so I think he believed he was taking his family to heaven, away from an unfit world

I understand that many will disagree and see him as a monster, but I never will

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I started to mention Bret, but I was never a fan. I'd rather watch Owen wrestle than Bret

Bret Hart 10,000 X

The fact you preferred watching Owen further establishes how much more exciting Owen was than Bret

Bret was never exciting, he was technical. Technical isn't supposed to be exciting

He was the excellence of execution

To further confuse you, Bret's a great technical wrestler but, Malenko/Benoit had much larger library of moves

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
RKO said:

Liked your post. Straight to the point. It's so true. Who in their right mind would kill their wife and son? No-one. He wasn't 'himself' at that time. Like you've said he's known to have mental problems, that's what's lead him to do that. I think he realized what he did and killed himself. He didn't do it on purpose or because he felt like it.

Totally agree.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Saylor said:
Liked your post. Straight to the point. It's so true. Who in their right mind would kill their wife and son? No-one. He wasn't 'himself' at that time. Like you've said he's known to have mental problems, that's what's lead him to do that. I think he realized what he did and killed himself. He didn't do it on purpose or because he felt like it.

Totally agree.

If you read the details of the murder, he planned it all out... even if he was "sick"

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
JC4Life37 said:
If you read the details of the murder, he planned it all out... even if he was "sick"

That's the details of the murder, the investigators that written the report weren't there. I haven't read the report.