Is Chris Benoit the greatest technical wrestler of all time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'd put him above Angle. Angle was great but psychology was off. Benoit was a better seller and is the best ever at making the other guy look good. Technicalities alone though, Bret might have his number.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I'd put him above Angle. Angle was great but psychology was off. Benoit was a better seller and is the best ever at making the other guy look good. Technicalities alone though, Bret might have his number.

Benoit's selling ability was indeed better than Angle's but u seem to be addicted about who sells more and which legends puts which talents over them more.

Selling isnt the most important thing in wrestling.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JeebaK said:
Benoit's selling ability was indeed better than Angle's but u seem to be addicted about who sells more and which legends puts which talents over them more.

Selling isnt the most important thing in wrestling.

Did I say it was? If I did I can't find the post. But don't worry Mr JeebaK sir, I'll show my workings.

If I rate Benoit's selling ability as 10, and Kurt's as 8, then Benoit has 2 more than Kurt! If I rate technical wrestling ability as 10 for Benoit, and 10 for Kurt, then Benoit STILL has 2 more!

If I rate Benoit's psychology 9 and Kurt 8, Benoit has 3 more points than Kurt! So overall, Benoit would be the better technical wrestler.

Did I do good sir?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
At least we've all come to an agreement that Punk isn't an all time great technician. That was really bugging me earlier

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Did I say it was? If I did I can't find the post. But don't worry Mr JeebaK sir, I'll show my workings.

If I rate Benoit's selling ability as 10, and Kurt's as 8, then Benoit has 2 more than Kurt! If I rate technical wrestling ability as 10 for Benoit, and 10 for Kurt, then Benoit STILL has 2 more!

If I rate Benoit's psychology 9 and Kurt 8, Benoit has 3 more points than Kurt! So overall, Benoit would be the better technical wrestler.

Did I do good sir?

I would rate Angle at technical abilities a lot more than Benoit. But they r 2 great wrestlers and so the views will always differ no harm done.
And also dont forget Angle's mic skill was a lot better than benoit's.

Dolph'sZiggler said:
At least we've all come to an agreement that Punk isn't an all time great technician. That was really bugging me earlier

Nowhere near. Atleast not yet.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Better complete wrestler then I'd definitely say Angle. His mic skills, quick whit and personality was great for story-lines. Benoit only has the technical aspect to his name I feel. Was never the biggest fan of his really.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Fuck a Benoit/Angle argument. They were at their best when feuding with each other anyway (not counting Benoit's work in Japan IMO)

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Ranking guys is almost useless

Shawn Michaels as the greatest in the all time 50 WWE Superstars list.... don't make me laugh

These lists are subjective. Let alone letting a guy like Meltzer use his star system.

I've my opinion, but I can see the fallacy in it. Different eras call for different movesets.

For example, who's the better wrestler? Daniel Bryan or Bryan Danielson. There is a difference

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JC4Life37 said:
Ranking guys is almost useless

Shawn Michaels as the greatest in the all time 50 WWE Superstars list.... don't make me laugh

These lists are subjective. Let alone letting a guy like Meltzer use his star system.

I've my opinion, but I can see the fallacy in it. Different eras call for different movesets.

For example, who's the better wrestler? Daniel Bryan or Bryan Danielson. There is a difference

I see the point you're trying to make, his wrestling ability doesn't decrease in the slightest being in WWE. Just he showcases less of it.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Oh and also dont forget William Regal when he was younger. A very good technical wrestler, although very slow in the ring.

brendo89

Jobber
Reaction score
Surely the best technical pro wrestler is the one who won an olympic gold medal.
My order would be;
1) Kurt Angle
2) Brett Hart
3) Chris Benoit

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
brendo89 said:
Surely the best technical pro wrestler is the one who won an olympic gold medal.
My order would be;
1) Kurt Angle
2) Brett Hart
3) Chris Benoit

It doesn't really work that way regarding the gold medal lol. Kurt was probably the best freestyle wrestler but not the best pro wrestler because of it.