Is Bryan stale?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stale?

• Yes

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Seen this debate around today between a couple members, so I thought I'd let you all have your say in the proper section. Do you think Daniel Bryan is stale or getting stale?

Nick

Reaction score
I think he's getting stale. If he'd stop relying in the yes and no chants, he'd be much better off. They're going overkill with the yes/no. Maybe ice or twice a match instead of every time we see him.

Reactions: Vice

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Just a bit. I agree with Nick, I don't think he is yet, but if he doesn't change it up a bit I might start to get bored of it.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
No, Creative just aren't giving him interesting/good stories, same with Punk.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Isn't that the definition of stale? Doing the same thing over and over again no matter if it's a creative issue.
Yes but I don't blame Bryan for it, Bryan himself mainly in ring is not stale for me but his feuds are.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is blaming him or any wrestler for being stale but it's pretty hard to argue his character isn't IMO. His matches are great absolutely though.
yep.

his character, which he barely has, is beyond stale but he still puts on good matches on the reg

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
He doesn't have a personality. That's the reason he shouldn't have been used in the authority angle and, in turn, why the angle sucked.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He doesn't have a personality. That's the reason he shouldn't have been used in the authority angle and, in turn, why the angle sucked.
sadly I sort of agree. whether it is booking or he just generally lacks an exciting personality it just isn't there on screen

TheShadowSoulja

Champion
Reaction score
As much of a Bryan fan I am, the Yes thing is getting a bit stale. He still puts on great matches, they just need to stop having him spam a three letter word.

Italianman3100!

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'd say Yes. I've been a Daniel Bryan fan ever since I came back to WWE on RAW 999. I've always liked him, but the YES! chants every second when he comes out or is in a match is getting annoying. I'm okay with at least one time they chant it.

The storyline with the Wyatts is getting boring. I'm tired of seeing Bryan/Harper or Rowan and Punk/Harper or Rowan or just Punk & Bryan/Harper & Rowan. I like that Punk is heading towards the authority story and I wish Bryan would join the Wyatts and stop the annoying Yes! chants every single second.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Never been a fan of the constant "Yes"ing. Let the fans do it on their own, no need to force it so much. Just comes off as cheesy and yeah, annoying.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The crowds might agree because his Yes/No chants are clearly not as thunderous as they used to be, but I personally don't know if it's his character that's stale or just the angle he's involved in. He currently just plays the archetype of an underdog who goes out there and performs his best each and every night, no matter what kind of opponent (in size, strength or stature) you stick him in the ring against. And it's a nice character for someone of Bryan's size to play but it's also limiting because there isn't much you can do to expand on it without just outright turning him heel but that would he ridiculous right now because he's still over as a face.

I don't mind the Yes/No chant though because it's always good to have a chant that's over and gets the crowd pumped with energy for your entrance and matches, plus it's cool when the crowds chants YES every time Bryan assaults someone with punches, or usually, kicks (and sometimes NO when Bryan is the one that is getting kicked/punched himself.)

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It depends on your definition of stale. This is the perfect case of Vince and the shitty writers needing to gtfo and let someone with 20 years in the business who knows what he's doing go out and do it. He needs to sell this storyline.

JUST depending on the Yes/No has made him stale. It should be a part of the character and used whenever it's welcome, but in every single promo they're doing all this stuff to basically force him to say yes over and over, or he's just doing it anyway. That's stale. The issue with the character imo is that he's incapable of anger and doesn't care. He gets screwed by the Authority at Night of Champions? Yes, yes, yes. Gets attacked by Big Show and has the Authority screw him over again? Yes, yes, yes. Gets attacked by his mentor and screwed out of the belt yet again? Okay, he sold that for one week when he snapped on Shawn. Gets kidnapped by the Wyatts? Is perfectly fine the next week, just yessing his way down the ramp... It's really hard to get behind a character when they don't seem to care about all the bad shit going on around him. That's not a stale character, that's bad writing.

Luckily for Bryan he's a good enough performer and a likable enough dude that people will either see past that and like the guy anyway, or are just used to lousy characters from this company and like who they want to like.

And him having the same main event move loop as the rest of the faces isn't helping, somehow the Five Moves of Doom are attached to Bryan now instead of Cena