Is Bryan stale?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stale?

• Yes

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
How can you show your own personality when you are performing a fictional character that isn't anything like you? How can anyone on the roster show their own personality for that matter?

Are you sure personality is the word you're going for?

personality - the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.

When I say personality obviously I mean an interesting personality ffs. You've obviously heard the term personality used as in 'how much personality' a person has.

I didn't say show his own, I said show any. Be interesting Don't be a dolt.

Have you ever taken a basic acting class or done anything performance wise? how do you think they do it? By having a personality and finding a way to channel that into what they are doing.

you are honestly just talking semantics and in circles at this point avoiding the issue altogether. Bryan isn't an interesting person. he is a great technical wrestler.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Have you ever taken a basic acting class or done anything performance wise? how do you think they do it? By having a personality and finding a way to channel that into what they are doing.

But someone could be the most boring person in the world and be an extraordinary actor. It's not about channeling your personality into a character, it's about creating an individual personality for a character. If going by your logic every character an actor plays would be very similar, if not identical.

Bryan Danielson may have a boring personality, but that doesn't mean he can't create an interesting character with an interesting personality. He may however not have the charisma to perform it correctly. To me, the Daniel Bryan character does have an interesting character and personality (or so it once did), but at times it isn't always performed correctly.

I am going around in circles here, but that's only because I've only tried to argue this the entire time. I don't really give a shit about Daniel Bryan's character, only your misuse of the word personality. Yes, I'm that petty.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoyalRaven

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
In wrestling in general I've heard every legend in the history of wrestling say the best characters are extensions of yourself. SCSA, Bret Hart, The Rock, Jericho need I continue? They all endorse the theory. WWE seems to try that with Bryan being himself, talking about being a WRESTLER (he always puts the same emphasis on the same words) and underdog and all that shit and it is just... boring.

This is just my take on him dude. You can worship the ground he walks on if you want and it won't chap my ass.

Reactions: THG?

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I agree with you, the second they changed up his personality to it being mostly about himself other than a few moments it hasn't been the best.. But that doesn't mean he can't have a good character, just that that one doesn't particularly work. Just because a lot of the greats character have been extensions of themselves doesn't mean every character needs to be. It can still be successful without it, just look at Mankind, Undertaker and Kane for example.

And again, I ain't really that much of a Dbry mark. I'm fairly neutral when it comes to all rasslin', I just like watching and discussing it in general.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I agree with you, the second they changed up his personality to it being mostly about himself other than a few moments it hasn't been the best.. But that doesn't mean he can't have a good character, just that that one doesn't particularly work. Just because a lot of the greats character have been extensions of themselves doesn't mean every character needs to be. It can still be successful without it, just look at Mankind, Undertaker and Kane for example.

And again, I ain't really that much of a Dbry mark. I'm fairly neutral when it comes to all rasslin', I just like watching and discussing it in general.
But look how extreme the examples are when going from characters that work when they are being somewhat themselves to characters who were not somewhat themselves. Nothing like that will ever be Bryan's gimmick so he is left either trying to be himself or working one of the lame gimmicks WWE creative gives out now like 'cocky dude' or 'fighting underdog!'

I hope he finds a character that clicks and he starts entertaining me from that standpoint, until then I'll just enjoy his matches and shit on his segments because outside of Hell No he just bores me when speaking, and even in Hell No it was hit or miss a lot of the time.

Reactions: leojay

Nexus1

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
wweforever.net
In India, WWE Fans think that Yes ! and No ! chats are Stupid. and he looks wired with Long Hairs. We Loved his personality at his American Dragon era.
Personally i think that he need new Personality like cena,punk and chats like 'Rise above...' , "Never Give Up" etc.

Last edited:

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
I think he already is..

It's just too much. Same with Punk with going all in with that BITW shit repeatedly..
Imo it would be good to take some time off and let creative come up with something to add what will give him something new to hang on to.

He has great matches, but those matches are quite alike if you ask me.. I'd rather see him do like 5 to 10 submission moves a match then all those turnbuckle dropkicks and suicide dives..
The crazy fast shit is hella cool, but it adds on how he is/got stale..