Is Bryan stale?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stale?

• Yes

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I think the question is more are WWE creative stale?

Surely as shown by Cena Monday, guys with years in the biz should be given more freedom as it'll help make things more interesting and suit people's personal strengths.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
He doesn't have a personality. That's the reason he shouldn't have been used in the authority angle and, in turn, why the angle sucked.

The angle didn't suck because he had no personality, it sucked because it took every ounce of personality he once had and threw it out the window.

But I guess that should've been expected, as he wouldn't of been able to ride off the coattails of his Team Hell No and Weak Link characters for much longer. Still, they could've evolved it into something better than a mindless sheep.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The angle didn't suck because he had no personality, it sucked because it took every ounce of personality he once had and threw it out the window.
Anyone have a link of DB showing personality in front of the crowd with a live mic? He did some OK segments with Kane but I've never seen him go out and just kill a promo in the ring.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
[quote:Dolph'sZiggler, post: 716496, member: 165"]Anyone have a link of DB showing personality in front of the crowd with a live mic? He did some OK segments with Kane but I've never seen him go out and just kill a promo in the ring.[/quote]

NXT promo about being eliminated .

Reactions: THG?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
[quote:Dolph'sZiggler, post: 716496, member: 165"]Anyone have a link of DB showing personality in front of the crowd with a live mic? He did some OK segments with Kane but I've never seen him go out and just kill a promo in the ring.

NXT promo about being eliminated .[/quote]

Ok... any non -NXt examples?

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
but I've never seen him go out and just kill a promo in the ring.

Cutting a promo translates to having a personality? So I guess technically he has one now then?

personality - the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Cutting a promo translates to having a personality? So I guess technically he has one now then?

the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character
lol what other things in wrestling would be used to show one's personality outside of speaking?

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
lol what other things in wrestling would be used to show one's personality outside of speaking?

It is used to show a personality, but it isn't the personality itself like you defined it as.

And even so, he clearly showed his personality during his Team Hell No sagas through promos and general actions. In fact, he showed that he had more of a personality than the majority of the roster.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It is used to show a personality, but it isn't the personality itself like you defined it as.

And even so, he clearly showed his personality during his Team Hell No sagas through promos and general actions. In fact, he showed that he had more of a personality than the majority of the roster.
He showed he can do an awkward comedy gimmick and that is about it.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
He showed he can do an awkward comedy gimmick and that is about it.

Yeah you're right, I wish he was being a cocky arrogant heel too. Maybe he would've gotten over more, like the rest of the roster who do it whom are clearly more beloved than him.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
DBry can be a good heel tbh, but his face run as been stale af.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah you're right, I wish he was being a cocky arrogant heel too. Maybe he would've gotten over more, like the rest of the roster who do it whom are clearly more beloved than him.
I enjoyed Hell No but I can't sit here and say it proves DB can do anything other than what it showed he did-- he was pretty funny when doing the whole mis-matched tag team partner thing. The rest of what you said, totally bro, that's exactly what I said you nailed it high five.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I enjoyed Hell No but I can't sit here and say it proves DB can do anything other than what it showed he did-- he was pretty funny when doing the whole mis-matched tag team partner thing. The rest of what you said, totally bro, that's exactly what I said you nailed it high five.

Didn't say that it could, you're right. I was just saying he did have a personality, more-so than the majority of the roster whom currently are either smiley superhero faces or cocky arrogant heels.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Didn't say that it could, you're right. I was just saying he did have a personality, more-so than the majority of the roster whom currently are either smiley superhero faces or cocky arrogant heels.
Well I guess the issue in this discussion is we are talking about two different things. I'm talking about real personality that he has stored up and ready to be unleashed, not his wrestling gimmick's character. Obviously 99% of the roster doesn't have a 'character' in that sense.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Well I guess the issue in this discussion is we are talking about two different things. I'm talking about real personality that he has stored up and ready to be unleashed, not his wrestling gimmick's character. Obviously 99% of the roster doesn't have a 'character' in that sense.

How can you show your own personality when you are performing a fictional character that isn't anything like you? How can anyone on the roster show their own personality for that matter?

Are you sure personality is the word you're going for?

personality - the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.