Is anyone else getting a little annoyed with the Assassin's Creed series?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
assassins-creed-IV.jpg

I mean fuck dude, AC3 has barely been out 4 months, and they're already advertising for the next game! Commercials during Raw and everything. And honestly, AC3 wasn't even very good, arguably the weakest game of the series so far. I really wish Ubisoft would actually put more than a few months into the development of these games for a change and maybe they could make one as awesome as AC2 again. Even though Brotherhood and Revelations were pretty good, they still were no where near AC2's level.

And it's not just that, but the story line is really wearing thin. I mean *spoiler* the fucking WORLD'S ENDING and shit, right? But screw dealing with that right now, let's just keep plugging Desmond into our little machine here so we can understand it better. I know I'm over-simplifying the plot, but it really is getting repetitive.

Ben

Reaction score
Not going to lie the quality is going downhill.....regardless though the games are still fun so will be picking this up even if I'm not ecstatic about the setting.

Ryan

Reaction score
I've never thought Assassin's Creed was good. This is just like COD and Halo though. It sells in huge numbers so as long as people keep buying the games because, "ZOMG IT'S A NEW COD!" or "ZOMG IT'S A NEW ASSASSIN'S CREED!" when in reality it's the same shit with a different name, they're going to keep releasing them as often as they can irrespective of quality issues.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I hope we get to fight BLACK BEARD!

But seriously, I would have given 3 a little time you know? Poop out some DLC for it and such. Perhaps they can fix the multiplayer!

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah good luck on the multiplayer. They've been trying to get that right for a few years now.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Never played this game, so I can't get sick of something I never played. But I guess when you keep throwing out newgames constantly, it could get annoying, but I guess it will be annoying only if the games are lamer with every release.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I've tried a couple of them but mannn they spittin new games out every year. Some don't even last a year before a new one is out.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
They made the same mistake that the creators of Call of Duty did.

A game of this scope and ambition should have taken the GTA/Max Payne route to be honest. I hope they give the series a long rest after the 4th installment, I mean, jesus christ, Warcraft III was released a decade ago and people play that more than any Assassin's Creed game. Longer the wait, greater the gratification. Imagine what's going to happen when Warcraft IV comes out.

That being said, I fully expect Assassin's Creed: Sisterhood sometime in 2014/2015.

:side:

AF.

Reaction score
The only AC game I liked was Brotherhood, that game was awesome. Haven't been able to get into the rest, so it doesn't really affect me that they bring out a game every 10 months.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I dunno if I'm getting tired of them. They can still be fun due to the game being unique. I played a couple before AC3 (barely remember which) that I enjoyed and I really enjoyed AC3 when I first got it as I was quite excited for the game with the new setting especially with it being in the U.S. but I did find it got boring kind of fast. It was the type of game that you didn't really care about that much and could come back to it later on. Not the type of game I felt like I HAD to finish and wanted to finish. The story did seem a bit all over the place especially switching through multiple characters and the main character, he really doesn't appeal that much from the get go like he should. Maybe it's the way he starts off. I did enjoy the hunting in the game though. They put a fair bit of work into that and it was a fun thing in between missions. I don't think I've even finished the game yet.

But yeah I guess I'll pick this up maybe not right upon release with the amount of games coming out in Q4 but yeah. Sometime down the line as I enjoy the gameplay with the AC series and the uniqueness, the graphics are excellent and this new setting looks like it could be fun.

I agree with the guy above though. This series could of been a lot better and meaningful if it was like GTA.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was really hoping that when they made the seafaring stuff for ACIII I was really hoping that they would take it and make a new pirate adventure series, I was pretty let down that it just became another Assassin's Creed title only because I was hoping to see a new property.

That being said I certainly think they've done a great job building the series and have built a huge fanbase that loves being able to buy the next title as soon as possible. I think this game came so fast because they made that sailing engine and it basically paved the way to do an entire game, it's the same thing that Saint's Row devs just did with the last DLC for Saint's Row 3, they started making it as a DLC and instead it became the premise of Saint's Row 4 that is coming out in August. Personally I have played every Assassin's Creed game and I thought they really didn't hit their stride until Brotherhood, I thought Revelation was a solid release and ACIII so far has been also a well done release. Assassin's Creed I have always thought suffers from the exact same problem GTA has, eventually even though you are in a sandbox things get very repetitive and the longevity factor in the game itself is heavily weighed on how much you enjoy the game world.

But as far as being "sick" of them that is certainly one persons opinion but I did notice you said you'd end up getting it anyways so certainly it can't be all that bad! At this point it just feels like Assassin's Creed is their brand name, they have 2 studios that work on the Assassin's Creed games so it isn't that shocking they are making games this fast, I'm sure we'll see a Vita game coming along side this one too. I think they'd be crazy to not make games at the pace they are if they continue to sell well and get good reviews. I am looking forward to this game because it's such a different step for them and there has been a massive shortage of swashbuckling, I sort of look at this like when Rockstar did Red Dead Redemption, I'm looking forward to seeing a studio that is great at crafting open worlds do something completely different that will still feel familiar.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Yeah 3 is the last game for me the game has gone down hill and I just can't be bothered spending money on something that is just a repeat.

GTA 5 has my attention now.