Is 1 match worth paying $40 or $30?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

whats the fucking point of watching scripted wrestling when you already know the fucking results? fuck spoilers and whoever read spoilers.

and LMAO at all of you cheap motherfuckers who dont pay for PPVs, then you bitch about the WWE not listening to their fans...what fans? fans=people who get them money....so as far as im concerned, only this guy and I have the right to bitch about the wwe on this forum.

Amen!

I know Vince is hardly on the bread-line, but it is inevitable that only so much DL piracy can go on before the business suffers (see music industry and the effect that P2P and torrents have had over the last 5 years).

A PPV costs me equivalent of $30 US... On paper it does seem kinda expensive but not when you consider you are getting 2 1/2 - 3 hours of entertainment and it'd cost me the best part of $20 to see a film in a good cinema (+ I can smoke puff at home! LOL) it doesn't seem that bad. Wrestling stuff is all dirt cheap on Ebay too so events that I may have missed can easily be caught up on
at minimal expense.

TNA PPVs are free for me on cable (although I can't be arsed to watch them most of the time).

Dunno where I could watch ROH over here at all.

Would like the option of hiring wrestling DVDs but they don't do that here in the UK.

As for the actual thread question.... Would I pay $30 to watch a single match? No, but by virtue of the fact that I avoid results and reviews until I have seen the event I won't be able to attach a 'value' to a single match until I've seen the event.

Seriously suprises me how few peeps seem to watch the events as a whole.

Any good PPV builds a sense of momentum throughout so that by the time its ME time the anticipation is through the roof.

the dark knight

As for the actual thread question.... Would I pay $30 to watch a single match? No, but by virtue of the fact that I avoid results and reviews until I have seen the event I won't be able to attach a 'value' to a single match until I've seen the event.

Seriously suprises me how few peeps seem to watch the events as a whole.
*clap clap clap*, exactly what i was trying to say here.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
well I try to get Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania every year....the others I just think bout....I get some TNA PPVS like Lockdown and stuff...and the PPV for TNA this year in July will be on my birthday so I will make sure to get it...but for one match nah I wouldnt cause I mean its like just one match but I go buy the DVD when it comes out....I aint going to download it cause that aint cool....taking money from the thing you love....I mean would u take money from family....I would hope not...and to me WWE is like a family kinda lol....and I aint taking money from them....but lol I am gettin the Royal Rumble like always....and then Wrestlemania..

Airfixx

Just re-read some of these replies cos this thread is quite revealing. I know The Dark Knight has already commented regarding the hypocrisy on show in this thread, but given his "Fuck TNA, Fuck WWE....Support ROH!!!" signature, I'd love to know how exactly Angryphilip2 deems himself to be supporting his beloved ROH????

i would pay 40 bucks if the only time you could see it was the ppv. i mean there would be no replays from the ppv, no pictures, and immediately after the footage was destroyed. and there was no torrents or it was not able to be downloaded.

but thats never going to happen so no

"Fuck TNA, Fuck WWE....And I'll fuck ROH as well" would be more appropriate! :LOL ATCHA:

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Well it's about $30-$35 for a PPV in Oz, so I guess if the card is good, maybe. But that's only WWE...

TNA, well it's the same. I have a store just a few blocks from me that sells all Indy DVD's (ROH, TNA etc.), so it's the same league as WWE.

ROH, well they come out less often, and every show is awesome, and is a rare chance to see real wrestlers!

Airfixx

How exactly are ROH wrestlers any more "real" that WWE ones?

the dark knight

and why are THEIR pay per views worth it while tna's and wwe's aren't?

ecwrules1994

Reaction score
if you only want to see 1 match and pay 30-40 dollars for it, it's a bad idea cause what if the match turns out to be bad? Or something happened backstage and one of the wrestlers cant compete in the match, then there goes your money down the drain.

Michael1

Reaction score
Well, it depends what PPV. Say it's the Royal Rumble and the undercard isn't so great, but the Rumble match looks amazing with guys such as Undertaker, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, John Cena, if they are in it, if I have the money, I would buy it.

Most cases however, no. Because there's Youtube and there is DVDs so I wouldn't buy a 40$ PPV for one match when I can buy the DVD for about 15$ and Youtube for free.

Rell

Reaction score
You already know my take on this

NO WRESTLING SHOW, let alone wrestling match, is worth anything more than 15 bucks. I'll never pay for another wrestling show, it doesn't make any sense. Why pay for something, I can watch for free, especially something as unimportant as wrestling.

I was like 13/14 years old, the last time I actually paid for a 20+ $ ppv...

Soulpower

Pretty much what Rell said. The only PPV's I've bought as of late have been the ROH PPV's, and those were only ten dollars each... Other than that, I just wait another day and download the PPV instead of wasting 40 bucks.

PeepShow

if you only want to see 1 match and pay 30-40 dollars for it, it's a bad idea cause what if the match turns out to be bad? Or something happened backstage and one of the wrestlers cant compete in the match, then there goes your money down the drain.

Isn't that a risk you take for the PPV as a whole though, not just one match?