Is 1 match worth paying $40 or $30?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edgehead09

Reaction score
you'd rather spend your money hanging out with your friends....dont get me wrong, its fun SOMETIMES. but most of time hanging is fake (gay)..and i'd rather get back home and have a PES tourney with em.

rofl at you diverting everything to racism. that really had nothing to do with it, boiz in da hood's used by everyone now who wants to "hang out". blacks, whites, wiggers, asians and everyone else.

it doesn't have to DOMINATE your life. but being a fan of something means you love it to a certain point where you'd think its worth it to spend money on it....

i have no problem at all with anyone thinking its not worth it. but dont come on here and claim to be a REAL wrestling fans while all those "casual" fans are not..

Ok lets take this away from Wrestling for a moment and make it into something everyone can relate to....music

Say you like a certain band and they have a hit single that you like alot...Would you go to Limewire and download the single or go to the store and buy the whole CD...I think you would get the single, then after you have heard from other ppl that the CD is really sweet you would get the rest of the CD...whither buying it when it is cheaper (like gettin a PPV on DVD) or just downloading it from Limewire....

Remember kids...Gas is not Cheap

the dark knight

sp said:
When the FUCK have I said that? ROH is just as "scripted" as WWE and TNA. The only difference which I have pointed out is that ROH matches tend to more hard hitting action (IE:Stiff kicks and chops) which give it a very slight sense of realism in than at times, it resembles MMA more than wrestling. That doesn't change the fact that the storylines and results are just as scripted.

Once again, think, THEN TYPE!
i said more worthy AND more realistic. the realistic part comes from most "indys" fans. go to the first page and read nancy's post. so...about the worthy part, i can understand that. if you like ROH more than the WWE, its fine. just dont act like rell and say ANY WRESTLING SHOW ISNT WORTH SPENDING MONEY ON. just incase, im not saying you've siad this before. i usually generalize.....when i say YOU, i dont always mean YOU, SOULPOWER. usually roh fans..
So...where exactly is this "I'd rather spend money hanging with friends comment"? And since when did hanging with friends cost money?
you didn't say this here. but i remember when you always made fun of peep for paying for PPVs in hiat, you said something like "i'd rather spend money on shoes or goin out".

and hanging out with friends always costs money...goin to the movies, a club, fucking, eating etc. i would never pay for fucking though.
Thats pretty much, full of shit. Would you have really made the "hood" reference, had I been White? Be real...
ummmmmmmm, yes. i say that to everyone who thinks life is all about "friendship" and "hanging out". if the term itself is pissing you off, im sorry. i had to find some term that those people use...maybe i picked the wrong one lol.
Well, then I guess I'm not a fan. I'm a guy who likes wrestling enough to watch and talk about it, but not enough to pay for it. Is that wrong?
yes. i like tennis enough to watch it and talk about it. am i a tennis fan? dont think so...fan=obsessed.
Is there some sort of hidden agenda? Where the fuck is this REAL vs. Casual fan shit coming from?
everyone bashes the wwe for caring about "casual" fans and letting "hardcore" fans down. you never came across any of that shit?

Beer Money Army

Well im Not ordering ONS... I don't like the format where every match is extreme rules...

I like to see normal straight one on one matches with some No dq rules matches on my PPV....

but i don't order a PPV unless 3 matches have pulled me in..

So Far ONS hasn't done that for me..

But I use to order the Royal rumble every year. Just for the Rumble Match... but i havent done that since Mysterio won the rumble, pffttt...

Rell

Reaction score
you didn't say this here. but i remember when you always made fun of peep for paying for PPVs in hiat, you said something like "i'd rather spend money on shoes or goin out". and hanging out with friends always costs money...goin to the movies, a club, fucking, eating etc. i would never pay for fucking though.

Of course, I have an obsession with Nike Dunks, the colorful, the better :D

I'd gladly take a pair of those over a wrestling PPV. As for going out, I'd take that as well. Point is, I like wrestling, but not enough to pay for it.

ummmmmmmm, yes. i say that to everyone who thinks life is all about "friendship" and "hanging out". if the term itself is pissing you off, im sorry. i had to find some term that those people use...maybe i picked the wrong one lol.

Yeah, you definitely DID. I mean, its common knowledge, the majority of people living in the "hood" are African American.

yes. i like tennis enough to watch it and talk about it. am i a tennis fan? dont think so...fan=obsessed.

Well, I guess I'm not a wrestling fan than.

Now I'd consider myself a Basketball fan. I'm willing to pay for anything associated with it (hats, shoes, jerseys, dvd's, etc.)

everyone bashes the wwe for caring about "casual" fans and letting "hardcore" fans down. you never came across any of that shit?

Of course I have, I'm sure we all remember Tracey Gerweck. The thing is, not once have I brought up anything even suggesting WWE fans aren't wrestling fans. I mean, you guys purchase PPV's, buy merchandise, etc. thats more than what I'm willing to do. If anything, you guys are the passionate fans, and I'm the asshole pirating their material :laugh:

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm a "fan", you can even call you a mark, wrestling nerd or whatever else you can say about it too. I have hundreds of wrestling DVD's. I work after school, and yeah, I spend a good portion of my money on wrestling. Even though I don't have that much time to watch them because I'm busy broing out, I can still say I'm a wrestling fan.

As much as I can hate on something, I can still enjoy it, same for any other passion a person can have. I still think that WWE DVD's are worth it, but not PPV's.

osama, wtf is the point of watching the PPV when you already know the results? its usually not half as good as watching it live...so if its 8/10 when you watch it live, its 4/10 when you watch it on DVD..

Seeing is believing. I even do this with basketball or football, if someone says it's an epic game, I have to see it first. Same goes with wrestling for me. If someone says it was a good show, I'd have to see it first, and not judge alone by the match results.

the dark knight

Seeing is believing. I even do this with basketball or football, if someone says it's an epic game, I have to see it first. Same goes with wrestling for me. If someone says it was a good show, I'd have to see it first, and not judge alone by the match results.
i never said its REALLY boring to watch it again. but is it as good as watching it live? seriously?

Airfixx

Say you like a certain band and they have a hit single that you like alot...Would you go to Limewire and download the single or go to the store and buy the whole CD...I think you would get the single, then after you have heard from other ppl that the CD is really sweet you would get the rest of the CD...

It may shock you to know this, but some people like to make their minds up based on what they see and hear rather than basing their decisions on other peoples opinions.

Besides if what you suggest IS the prevailing mentality then you'd have NO-ONE making the initial purchase of the CD (or PPV) in order for there to be a pre-existing opinion to base your decision on.

(I know such types are out there, but your post is born of a massive generalisation.)

i never said its REALLY boring to watch it again. but is it as good as watching it live? seriously?

...I know we agree on this, but how can it be? Half the fun of wrestling is whatching it all unfold before your eyes. Where's the psychology gonna come into play if you know the outcome already?

....This is why I think those that are overtly hungry for spoilers etc. are more-so on some sort of 'crusade' to out 'exclusive' the next persons 'info' (rumours & opinions) rather than being that into for wrestling for what they actually see on their screens or in arenas.

the dark knight

It may shock you to know this, but some people like to make their minds up based on what they see and hear rather than basing their decisions on other peoples opinions.

Besides if what you suggest IS the prevailing mentality then you'd have NO-ONE making the initial purchase of the CD (or PPV) in order for there to be a pre-existing opinion to base your decision on.

(I know such types are out there, but your post is born of a massive generalisation.)

...I know we agree on this, but how can it be? Half the fun of wrestling is whatching it all unfold before your eyes. Where's the psychology gonna come into play if you know the outcome already?

....This is why I think those that are overtly hungry for spoilers etc. are more-so on some sort of 'crusade' to out 'exclusive' the next persons 'info' (rumours & opinions) rather than being that into for wrestling for what they actually see on their screens or in arenas.
exactly. thats why i hate most internet "fans"...especially the ones on here. thank you for this post...

rep++++ :D

Axis

whats the fucking point of watching scripted wrestling when you already know the fucking results? fuck spoilers and whoever read spoilers.
To see how it gets there.

Reading, "Yes, and Shawn Michaels whispered 'I'm sorry. I love you' to Ric Flair before superkicking him and getting the victory" means NOTHING unless you see and experience the emotion and passion that went into the match.

I agree that something like Snitsky/Punk means nothing if you already know the result. However, I would argue that it means nothing even if you DO know the result.

the dark knight

results doesn't mean who won and who lost. if i was told that hbk was gonna say that before the match, i would've never felt that moment. there's a reason they call it SPOILERS.

Axis

results doesn't mean who won and who lost. if i was told that hbk was gonna say that before the match, i would've never felt that moment. there's a reason they call it SPOILERS.
Oh see, I disagree there, but debating that will get no where. To me, even if I was told that Michaels would whipser, I would have to see it to feel the emotion.

the dark knight

Oh see, I disagree there, but debating that will get no where. To me, even if I was told that Michaels would whipser, I would have to see it to feel the emotion.

but will it be as good as seeing it live without knowing it happened?