Is 1 match worth paying $40 or $30?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Only PPV's I order are the Big ones...

WWE=Royal Rumble,Wrestlemania,Summer Slam, and Survivor Series

TNA-Lockdown,Bound For Glory,and Slammiversary

I might get Victory Road this year just because its on my birthday...but idk yet..

Rell

Reaction score
Isn't that a risk you take for the PPV as a whole though, not just one match?

Pretty much, which makes ordering it even worse.

I understand, some people are very anal when it comes to small things. Some people rather pay for a show because the quality is better. It doesn't really bother me personally. Still, if you ask me, 40 bucks is definitely too much. I once paid 40 bucks to get into a Clippers game, good seats too...granted, they're the Clippers :laugh:

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Yeah, I really have never bought a WWE PPV, I know that I can get something better for less than half of the price, whether it's an ROH/Indy DVD, a CD, or a sandwich. I get some WWE Show DVD's, but that's only if I've seen a litle of it before.

the dark knight

You already know my take on this

NO WRESTLING SHOW, let alone wrestling match, is worth anything more than 15 bucks. I'll never pay for another wrestling show, it doesn't make any sense. Why pay for something, I can watch for free, especially something as unimportant as wrestling.

I was like 13/14 years old, the last time I actually paid for a 20+ $ ppv...

Pretty much what Rell said. The only PPV's I've bought as of late have been the ROH PPV's, and those were only ten dollars each... Other than that, I just wait another day and download the PPV instead of wasting 40 bucks.

Yeah, I really have never bought a WWE PPV, I know that I can get something better for less than half of the price, whether it's an ROH/Indy DVD, a CD, or a sandwich. I get some WWE Show DVD's, but that's only if I've seen a litle of it before.

lol notice how all "real" wrestling fans are all the same...

Rell

Reaction score

I'm not a "real" wrestling fan, I'm just a smart guy. I'm not some nerd who'll spend my hard earned money on a fuckin wrestling show, are you? :smh

the dark knight

spending them on a wrestling show > wasting them on hanging out with boiz in da hood

seriously, do you even consider yourself a wrestling fan? oh yea, you're a SMART FAN.

Soulpower

Wait, wut? So me wanting to spend my money on more important things makes me less of a fan? That's some wonderful logic you're using. By your "logic" you basically want me to be a tool!

Edit: By the way, I've never ONCE considered myself to be a "real" fan nor have I said that I'm more of a fan than anyone else here. The next you want to run your mouth, go ahead.. JUST THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
No match is worth $30-$40 bucks, I stick to buying DVDs online and if a WWE/TNA/ROH PPV is said to be good (gets good reviews).. I might order it during one of the replays but that's it..

the dark knight

that was at rell, he is NOT even a fan. if he's a fan, thats supposed to mean he likes wrestling...liking something=you're willing to spend money on it. for you, sp, its the "ROH is more worthy and realistic than the wwe" thing thats bothering me.

if you have other plans for your money, i understand. but saying its not WORTH IT, does make you less of a fan. maybe its a bit over-priced...but you get the point.

edit-
osama, wtf is the point of watching the PPV when you already know the results? its usually not half as good as watching it live...so if its 8/10 when you watch it live, its 4/10 when you watch it on DVD..

Rell

Reaction score
spending them on a wrestling show > wasting them on hanging out with boiz in da hood

What does me choosing to not waste money on a wrestling show, have to do with "boiz in da hood"? That comment made no sense, and was clearly racist. Since I'm not watching a wrestling PPV, I'm obviously in the "hood" committing crimes right? :smh

seriously, do you even consider yourself a wrestling fan? oh yea, you're a SMART FAN.

neither.

I obviously watch wrestling, I mean I'm on a wrestling forum, no? It just doesn't dominate my life to the point where I'm spending 40 and 50+ dollars to watch it. I like wrestling, If I didn't I wouldn't be here, but again I'm not obsessed with it, which is why for the most part, my 3.32 post per day are usually in the non-wrestling sections.

its the "ROH is more worthy and realistic than the wwe" thing thats bothering me.

Where did I mention ROH at all? I said I dont spend endless amounts of money on WRESTLING. Is ROH a wrestling company? Well then, they fall into the WRESTLING category.

the dark knight

What does me choosing to not waste money on a wrestling show, have to do with "boiz in da hood"? That comment made no sense, and is clearly a racist comment. Since I'm not watching a wrestling PPV, I'm obviously in the "hood" committing crimes right? :smh

neither.

I obviously watch wrestling, I mean I'm on a wrestling forum, no? It just doesn't dominate my life to the point where I'm spending 40 and 50+ dollars to watch it. I like wrestling, If I didn't I wouldn't be here, but again I'm not obsessed with it, which is why for the most part, my 3.32 post per day are usually in the non-wrestling sections.

you'd rather spend your money hanging out with your friends....dont get me wrong, its fun SOMETIMES. but most of time hanging is fake (gay)..and i'd rather get back home and have a PES tourney with em.

rofl at you diverting everything to racism. that really had nothing to do with it, boiz in da hood's used by everyone now who wants to "hang out". blacks, whites, wiggers, asians and everyone else.

it doesn't have to DOMINATE your life. but being a fan of something means you love it to a certain point where you'd think its worth it to spend money on it....

i have no problem at all with anyone thinking its not worth it. but dont come on here and claim to be a REAL wrestling fans while all those "casual" fans are not..

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Ahh Dark Knight the DVD comment was aimed towards ROH. TNA I don't even bother to waste my money on that and WWE's prices are way to high for me to be ordering 3 PPVs in a span of a month. So unless they have an awesome PPV I don't order it.

Soulpower

for you, sp, its the "ROH is more worthy and realistic than the wwe" thing thats bothering me.

When the FUCK have I said that? ROH is just as "scripted" as WWE and TNA. The only difference which I have pointed out is that ROH matches tend to more hard hitting action (IE:Stiff kicks and chops) which give it a very slight sense of realism in than at times, it resembles MMA more than wrestling. That doesn't change the fact that the storylines and results are just as scripted.

Once again, think, THEN TYPE!

Rell

Reaction score
you'd rather spend your money hanging out with your friends....dont get me wrong, its fun SOMETIMES. but most of time hanging is fake (gay)..and i'd rather get back home and have a PES tourney with em.

You already know my take on this

NO WRESTLING SHOW, let alone wrestling match, is worth anything more than 15 bucks. I'll never pay for another wrestling show, it doesn't make any sense. Why pay for something, I can watch for free, especially something as unimportant as wrestling.

I was like 13/14 years old, the last time I actually paid for a 20+ $ ppv...

So...where exactly is this "I'd rather spend money hanging with friends comment"? And since when did hanging with friends cost money?

rofl at you diverting everything to racism. that really had nothing to do with it, boiz in da hood's used by everyone now who wants to "hang out". blacks, whites, wiggers, asians and everyone else.

Thats pretty much, full of shit. Would you have really made the "hood" reference, had I been White? Be real...

it doesn't have to DOMINATE your life. but being a fan of something means you love it to a certain point where you'd think its worth it to spend money on it....

Well, then I guess I'm not a fan. I'm a guy who likes wrestling enough to watch and talk about it, but not enough to pay for it. Is that wrong?

i have no problem at all with anyone thinking its not worth it. but dont come on here and claim to be a REAL wrestling fans while all those "casual" fans are not..

Is there some sort of hidden agenda? Where the fuck is this REAL vs. Casual fan shit coming from? Again, I like wrestling enough to watch it, but not enough to pay for it. If this means I'm not a "real wrestling fan" well so be it. I guess I'm a fake wrestling fan then. Either way, I'm not paying for a wrestling show that I could easily watch for free.

I'll pay to attend a wrestling show in a heartbeat, but paying to watch on TV? I'll PASS.