Indy/Puro MOTYC 2013 thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Gonna give Ciampa vs Sorensen from Glory by honor 3 stars out of 5. Sorensen has definitely grounded his game more since his injury and is working a more aggressive style, playing up that he is angry that his career got derailed I guess and Ciampa is his typical power/bruiser style self. They told a decent match story of Ciampa trying to set Jesse up for a neck move but when Jesse gets out of it all the time he is forced to switch his game up. Match didn't go too long either, just about ten minutes. Decent outing.

Roray

The Artiste
Reaction score
Gonna give Ciampa vs Sorensen from Glory by honor 3 stars out of 5. Sorensen has definitely grounded his game more since his injury and is working a more aggressive style, playing up that he is angry that his career got derailed I guess and Ciampa is his typical power/bruiser style self. They told a decent match story of Ciampa trying to set Jesse up for a neck move but when Jesse gets out of it all the time he is forced to switch his game up. Match didn't go too long either, just about ten minutes. Decent outing.

Do you think he'll come back based on his performance??

Stopspot

Reaction score
Paul London vs Roderick Strong
ROH TV November 8 2013
3 stars out of 5.

Not the match of the year contender that ROH wants it to be but a damn good match. Roderick truly is the messiah of the backbreaker, using a lot of vicious variations of it in this match. And London has been motivated and on fire this year. There was a scary tombstone on the outside spot that seriously made me think Roddy broke his neck but he got up again. Wish London would have sold Roddy's offence better but it was still a fun match.

Larsosc

The Artiste
Reaction score
I second whoever said Okada vs. Tanhashi from Power Struggle. Okada and Tana are sure to be the best example for chemistry and cooperation in the ring. I mean, you can't argue against that when a good majority of people rate all their matches this year ****1/2 to *****. Well, you can, but in a very desperate attempt.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Jacobs vs Strong in Jacobs trial series was really good as well. Topped off the trial series well and told a decent story. Whitmer on commentary also helped sell it.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Didn't watch anything from DGUSA this year, and that's a shame. Anyone got link to dl something worthy, MOTYC worthy?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Didn't watch anything from DGUSA this year, and that's a shame. Anyone got link to dl something worthy, MOTYC worthy?
They are releasing their latest shows from last weekend on VOD right now. I'm a bit behind myself. Their WM weekend shows were said to be good. especially the main events. Also from the latest set of Evolve shows AR Fox and Ricochet had a balls to the wall falls count anywhere match (in part because Swann and Gargano broke the ring during their really good match before). Also Gargano vs Hero from last weekend was said to be great. So they have a few gems hidden away.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
They are releasing their latest shows from last weekend on VOD right now. I'm a bit behind myself. Their WM weekend shows were said to be good. especially the main events. Also from the latest set of Evolve shows AR Fox and Ricochet had a balls to the wall falls count anywhere match (in part because Swann and Gargano broke the ring during their really good match before). Also Gargano vs Hero from last weekend was said to be great. So they have a few gems hidden away.

Yeah I know, but I don't buy their iPPVs, and they're not available on XWT either (kudos to Gabe for being able to protect his shows from leaking).

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah I know, but I don't buy their iPPVs, and they're not available on XWT either (kudos to Gabe for being able to protect his shows from leaking).
I don't buy them either, IPPV quality is so bad. Seems like only shows that run from one set location can do stable IPPV (logical since they can beef up the locations connection and such over time, ensuring stability). Usually takes a couple of months for them to show up on XWT. I know Hoss has managed to hook me up with a lot. I think one of their WM Weekend ones are up on Watchwrestling.

Reactions: Testify

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This weekend I think I'll be downloading AAW Defining Moment and Beyond Wrestling Americanrana.

Any thing to look out for?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Just finished glory By Honor. The main event was well worked. A little long for my tastes (1 hour 15 minutes) and slow at times. But there were 3 guys elevated in that match. Taven, Fish and O'Reilly came out of that match looking real good, proving that they can hang with Lethal, Elgin and Cole. Lethal took a insane spot off the top turnbuckle and Fish spearing Alexander into the rail was also cool. Coleman and Alexander are sadly never going to be anything other than spot monkeys it seems. Elgin got a bit long winded towards the end, having to get his shit in and what not. Ending was also well worked. Also gotta laugh at Elgin thinking he's cool for using Okada's finisher.

Strong 3, weak 4 maybe.

Reactions: Roi and THG?

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
So I decided to watch my first NJPW match ever.
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada
IWGP Heavyweight Title Match.
14/10/2013 King of Pro-Wrestling iPPV

Dave Meltzer 5 Star match.

Let's watch it!