Indy/Puro MOTYC 2013 thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Holy crap. I've just finished watching it. Last 15 minutes are pure gold. MOTY quality. Loved how Okada sold dat "injured" arm, dat finish, dat finisher. Great stuff
Indeed. That finish. <3.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Loved the piledriver sequence

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
@Testify watched the whole show right?
He did as far as I know. I watched all 9 days as well. Good crop. Definitely go out of your way to watch the Shibata matches (you like O'reilly so you'll love Shibata since Kyle is trying to be Shibata), watch the Tanahashi matches, the Okada matches, the Nakamura matches, the Ishii matches and the Kojima matches for guaranteed quality. Those guys were MVPs. Especially Kojima (considering how old he is, he was on top in the early 00s) and Ishii.

Reactions: Roi and THG?

Roray

The Artiste
Reaction score
Anyone predicting match ratings for Final Battle?? I can see the triple threat being great if given the time.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
I predict shite. Cage of Death is going to blow FB out of water.

- - - - - -

Couple of random recent PWG observations:

- Gargano's midsection doesn't look good, it seems he's not working out much, I mean he's short and that kind of gut would fit for a much taller wrestler, not him.

- I like Kyle in general, but he can fuck off with randomly pulling off those Nigel-type lariats, it feels like he's doing them just because, he gets some cheap pops and "NIGEL! NIGEL!" chants, and that's it. I mean, what the fuck already, it's not like Nigel was a guy that retired back in the 80s/90s, and what the fuck is his connection to Nigel anyway? What gives him the "right"? Piss off, Kyle.

- Kyle O'Reilly seems like he forgot how to apply basic submissions, which is disgracre for a wrestler of his style, that armbreaker looks fucking terrible and embarrassing. Guys on trampolines behind Taco Bell have better techniques than him.

Reactions: THG?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Anyone predicting match ratings for Final Battle?? I can see the triple threat being great if given the time.
Elgin is in it. Ergo it will be shite.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I predict shite. Cage of Death is going to blow FB out of water.

- - - - - -

Couple of random recent PWG observations:

- Gargano's midsection doesn't look good, it seems he's not working out much, I mean he's short and that kind of gut would fit for a much taller wrestler, not him.

That's weird, I follow the dude on twitter and he seems to be in the gym every day.
Didn't he lose a ton of weight a couple of years back? Could it be loose skin leftover from that?

Stopspot

Reaction score
He can be good if he's with the right guys. I have no idea who's in it though.
EIt's Cole and JB Briscoe. And I'm not sure. If there's anything I've learnt from watching Elgin in 2013 is that he has seemingly forgot that he's much bigger than anyone else. Dude seems to have forgotten how to work as a big man against smaller guys. Johnny fucking Yuma overpowered him at a PWG show.

Cole and Briscoe will run that match, and the Cole/Briscoe stuff is more interesting than Elgin as well.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
EIt's Cole and JB Briscoe. And I'm not sure. If there's anything I've learnt from watching Elgin in 2013 is that he has seemingly forgot that he's much bigger than anyone else. Dude seems to have forgotten how to work as a big man against smaller guys. Johnny fucking Yuma overpowered him at a PWG show.

Cole and Briscoe will run that match, and the Cole/Briscoe stuff is more interesting than Elgin as well.

Cole will bump like a stud for him and Briscoe will do some crazy shit in all likelyness. Cole will likely call it which will help a fair bit, he gets structure.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
You guys are missing the point, and that's Kyle turning into a terrible pro-wrestler. Worse than Devon Moore.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Cole will bump like a stud for him and Briscoe will do some crazy shit in all likelyness. Cole will likely call it which will help a fair bit, he gets structure.
If Cole calls it I'm good. If it ends up like the champions vs challengers main event with Elgin calling it I will be a bit miffed, because it will mean random puro finisher to end it. Having Briscoe in there as a vet will also help. It needs to be a story driven match though since it is gonna set up the next big angle.

Stopspot

Reaction score
You guys are missing the point, and that's Kyle turning into a terrible pro-wrestler. Worse than Devon Moore.
Kyle in ROH is good because he has Fish with him, and Fish is too fun not to enjoy in my opinion.

Never cared for Kyle as a singles guy.