Indy DVD Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'm going to be ordering Shimmer Volumes 41-44 in a couple of days to get me upto date with Shimmer. And I think in a couple of days i'll go back and re-watch 37-40.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
ROH has released a best of 2002 DVD. Must have for anyone who's never seen many of the great matches that happened in 2002

rohyearonedvdfinal.jpg

2002 marked the birth of something special in professional wrestling, something that took the best wrestlers from across the country, brought them all into one place, and allowed them to compete to the absolute best of their abilities. That something was Ring of Honor and this is a look at the bouts that started it all!

From the epic main event of “The Era of Honor Beginsâ€￾ featuring Low Ki, Bryan Danielson, and Christopher Daniels through Xavier vs. Paul London at “Final Battle 2002, that first year of ROH was only a sign of the amazing decade that was to come. Be it Samoa Joe or Homicide, Jay & Mark Briscoe or Spanky, the talent that helped establish Ring of Honor in its infancy still stands as some of the best wrestlers to ever enter the ring and these are the matches that established them as such.

This 2-Disc collection contains 17 matches, many unavailable for several years, showcasing the genesis of Ring of Honor; welcome to “Year Oneâ€￾…

Disc 1
1. Low Ki vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Bryan Danielson...The Era of Honor Begins 2/23/02
2. Low Ki vs. Bryan Danielson...Round Robin Challenge 3/30/02
3. Low Ki vs. AJ Styles...A Night of Appreciation 4/27/02
4. Eddie Guerrero & The Amazing Red vs. The SAT...A Night of Appreciation 4/27/02
5. Low Ki vs. The Amazing Red...Road to the Title 6/22/02
6. Christopher Daniels vs. Low Ki vs. Spanky vs. Doug Williams (ROH Title/60 Minute Iron Man Match)...Crowning A Champion 7/27/02
7. Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe...Honor Invades Boston 8/24/02

Disc 2
8. Low Ki vs. Xavier (ROH Title Match)...Unscripted 9/21/02
9. Paul London vs. Michael Shane (Steet Fight)...Unscripted 9/21/02
10. Bryan Danielson & Michael Modest vs. Christopher Daniels & Donovan Morgan (ROH Tag Team Title Tournament Finals)...Unscripted 9/21/02
11. Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki...Glory By Honor 10/5/02
12. Bryan Danielson vs. AJ Styles (#1 Contender's Trophy Match)...All Star Extravaganza 11/9/02
13. Low Ki & Steve Corino vs. Shinjiro Ohtani & Masato Tanaka...All Star Extravaganza 11/9/02
14. The SAT, Amazing Red & Divine Storm vs. Special K of Joey Matthews, Deranged, Sim J, Izzy & Angeldust (Scramble Match)...Scramble Madness 11/16/02
15. Xavier vs. AJ Styles (ROH Title Match)...Night of the Butcher 12/7/02
16. Bryan Danielson vs. Paul London (#1 Contenders Trophy Match)...Night of the Butcher 12/7/02
17. Xavier vs. Paul London (ROH Title Match)...Final Battle 2002 12/28/02

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Nice set of matches. I own most of DVDs from 2002 already so I probably wouldn't pick it up.

Too much Xavier here for my liking since he is still by far the worst champion in ROH history. I also don't know why they even added that Scramble Mess match. Could have thrown in another Spanky match or another from the Shane/London feud.

Yeah and I just rewatched the actual Crowning A Champion event and I enjoyed the Bunkhouse Brawl more than the main event. I didn't remember it being that awesome either. I did remember how awful the X-Division title match was, though.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
There is a new DGUSA.tv Weekly Special. The DVD 3 Pack Deal has been reduced to just $45. Pick any three DGUSA or EVOLVE DVDs for just $45. If you go with all DGUSA DVDs that's 25% off. Every title including all the recent releases are included. Go to the DGUSA DVD section of the Store to take action. Act now, this offer ends on May 24th.

:mark:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH has also released the best of Kenta. http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/kenta-go-2-sleep-2-disc-set

Disc 1
1. KENTA vs. Low Ki (GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title Match)...Final Battle 2005
2. KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Bryan Danielson & Samoa Joe...Best in the World 3/25/06
3. KENTA vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe...In Your Face 6/17/06
4. KENTA vs. Austin Aries...Chi-Town Struggle 6/24/06
5. KENTA vs. Davey Richards...Fight of the Century 8/5/06
6. KENTA vs. Bryan Danielson (ROH World Title Match)...Glory By Honor V Night 2 9/16/06
7. KENTA vs. Matt Sydal...The Bitter End 11/4/06

Disc 2
1. KENTA vs. Rocky Romero...United We Stand 6/22/07
2. KENTA vs. Bryan Danielson...Driven 6/23/07
3. KENTA vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (GHC Heavyweight Title Match)...Glory By Honor VI Night 2 11/3/07
4. KENTA & Kota Ibushi vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Katsuhiko Nakajima...Tokyo Summit 9/14/08
5. KENTA vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match)...7th Anniversary Show 3/21/09
6. KENTA vs. Davey Richards (GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title Match)...Supercard of Honor IV 4/3/09
7. KENTA & Tyler Black vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima & Austin Aries...Take No Prisoners 2009 4/4/09
8. KENTA vs. Tyler Black...End of an Age 6/27/09

it's too bad that i have all the matches on DVD already cause i would of picked this up for shore, you know what FUCK IT I'M BUY IT.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Hell of a set, I'd love to watch them all in order like that. It says Best Of but it's pretty much most of the matches he had in ROH.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Been out all day, just got back after watching the Champion's League final elsewhere and I find my Shimmer DVD's have arrived. Perfect

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWG has released DDT4.

I haven't watched any PWG for a few months now, as the last DVD i bought was either The Perils of Rock N' Roll Decadence or Steen Wolf. So sooner or later, i'll be ordering a few from the DGUSA site as I won't get charged tax, like I did the last time I bought a few from the PWG site.

[video=youtube;D8wkQIqOsdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8wkQIqOsdM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Just done my first ROH order in about 7-8 months, since they're having a memorial day weekend sale. I took advantage of the sale and picked up:

No Escape
Tag Team Turmoil
Death Before Dishonor IX
Gateway To Honor
Survival of the Fittest 2011
Glory By Honor X
Battle In The Carolinas
Final Battle 2011

That brings me upto date with all the shows that happened in 2011, so soon enough i'll be able to start 2012.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Highspots are having a memorial day sale, especially on old school ECW stuff. If I had the money to buy all the Hardcore TV's & the TNN episodes in this sale I would.

There's a few PWG DVD's on sale for $9.99 too, including Kurt RussellReunion 3 & Fear, which is cool. I don't like Highspots and haven't ordered anything from them in years, but I think it's too good of an opportunity to pass up and not grab KRR3 & Fear for $10 and also pick up DDT4.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler