IMPACT Discussion: July 17

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
TNA runs the original format for a Gautlet match from back in the 80's. I remember so many territories doing the same format. Also known as a Battle Royal. WWE brands it's battle royal's as Over the Top Rope to avoid confusion, IMO.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
TNA's capitalizing in a smart and calculated way to eat up all the WWE customers who WWE lost due to the PPV deals they HAVEN'T signed with Dish and Direct.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
TNA runs the original format for a Gautlet match from back in the 80's. I remember so many territories doing the same format. Also known as a Battle Royal. WWE brands it's battle royal's as Over the Top Rope to avoid confusion, IMO.
Confusion. LOL
It's just like that mark, Vince McMahon, to brand something that doesn't need branding.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Confusion. LOL
It's just like that mark, Vince McMahon, to brand something that doesn't need branding.
Well WWE does seem to think it's audience is a whole bunch of 4 year olds who have no idea what pro-wrestling is.

I don't think that's a bad idea. Calling a match a "Battle Royal" can confuse many to think what kind it is. Over the Top Rope is a better way to put it. Considering they don't have the other version than they don't need to call it Over the Top Rope.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Well WWE does seem to think it's audience is a whole bunch of 4 year olds who have no idea what pro-wrestling is.

I don't think that's a bad idea. Calling a match a "Battle Royal" can confuse many to think what kind it is. Over the Top Rope is a better way to put it. Considering they don't have the other version than they don't need to call it Over the Top Rope.
I see your rationale. Forgive me for confusing WWE for a wrestling company.

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
damn, so impact still starts at 2am uk time then, guess that mean not gonna be watching it live then again

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I shall refrain from making a morning wood joke.

Come on now, be a good team player! I'm throwing you layups so you're free to dunk them. :bodallas:

Dammit all. When are you moving to the states? I need some pottsy time.

:tough:

actually you're right we do need more pottsy over here. He can save the economy, one single at at a time.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Come on now, be a good team player! I'm throwing you layups so you're free to dunk them. :bodallas:

:tough:

actually you're right we do need more pottsy over here. He can save the economy, one single at at a time.

Throwing your morning wood around the community, I see. :ksi:

:urm:

Yeah, see! Told ya! I haven't had any pottsy in forever.