Im Back

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Weebo

Reaction score
hell you want to know the main reason I joined the Army. Its to help me support myself and my wife and to pay for me to go to college and get my degree in graphics design and to learn more cause I know there is still a lot more I need to learn and could be a lot better than I am. Right now I am good but I could be so much better than I am now. I don't have a problem admitting that like some people.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
So if someone you hated with every inch of your being enlisted you would suddenly respect them? I find that Blue. Like I said, I would respect what they do but I wouldn't respect them if they're a cunt of a person.

This is pretty much correct. You can still hate the person, but respect what they do. I can respect the fact that my worst enemy has joined the military and is risking his livelihood so that I can sit on my ass and type whatever I want on the internet or abroad. But that wouldn't magically change the fact that he was still a douchecunt worthy of a swift kick in the balls.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Would doing it for their own general well being, i.e, the financial gains, enrichment of a sub- pedestrian existence be less altruistic, since they are out for themselves and not others since that just goes with the territory? If not, then I think I haven't grasped the proper meaning of the word and I'm not lame enough to google it and pretend like I know the proper definition.

Oh no, you grasped the meaning of the word just fine, it was definitely an understatement on my part.

As far as them being worthy of respect, I answered it contrary of their outside lives, I'm respecting them for service to the country.

I think LadyHotrod has it about right. You can easily take a separate view on each part.

Like I said, I don't hold personal hatred, I don't get off to alot of people either, but I'll still respect someone for doing something as risky as that.

See, I am of two minds on that. The norm is to call them brave but personally I can't help but feel that it takes a particular brand of stupid to agree to put yourself in the line of fire. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are there to stand in the way of those bullets so people like myself don't have to, but I'm not sure I am under a grand enough illusion to actually call them brave, or even respect their stupidity. But at the same time I see the other side so I dunno. Still gotta think about that one a bit.

Same for firemen, except I haven't met a firefighter I hated.

Yeah, I can't think of any unfortuante run ins with firefighters.

As far as nuts go, I don't know. I mean you don't find out they are psychos until after they've committed an act, so I guess it would be a retroactive decline of respect.

But they served their country. Take Tim McVeigh for example. Do you separate his military service in Iraq from the OKC bombings? Or do you just wind up lumping it all together?

Sigh....you ARE ashamed of us. :(

We've been through this. My family can never know I am part of an interracial couple.

Well being hypothetical, if there was a person I didn't like, but enlisted, would that change my mind on them??? Yep.

Fair enough, I can respect your candor. I think it's foolish logic but at least you answered honestly.

Also, a person who goes into the service most of the time is not the same person who comes back from Basic. I've seen this with numerous friends of mine who most would consider stoners or potheads, only to enlist, come back from basic and be changed men.

I already touched on most of what you have to say at the beginning of this post but another sub-question comes up after reading this.

You really approve of the brainwashing that the US military uses to turn people into killing machines? Because that's what it is. You or they can call it whatever fancy name you feel the need to but it doesn't change the fact that it is brainwashing plain and simple.

It's a sacrifice that most of us are not willing to make, nor could most of us even handle.

Actually, to tie in with my last statement, you absolutely could. Most of the people who join the army couldn't handle the consequences of killing a man, period. Only with the Army's brainwashing techniques is one able to overcome the massive weight of the guilt and emotion that comes along with killing another human being. The only ones who don't need to be brainwashed are the sociopaths who are already cocked, locked and ready to kill anything that moves.

While I go to work, get to go to baseball games, wrestling events, etc, there are people serving in Basic, getting broken down and built back up, people standing guard in a warzone, or people in firefights ensuring that Im able to do those above stated things.

Except the last time this was necessary was between 1939 and 1945. Since then no military conflict that the US has participated in has been required to protect your liberties.

Reaction score
i like cheese. pick about my generalised statement you mother canucker.

hell you want to know the main reason I joined the Army. Its to help me support myself and my wife and to pay for me to go to college and get my degree in graphics design and to learn more cause I know there is still a lot more I need to learn and could be a lot better than I am. Right now I am good but I could be so much better than I am now. I don't have a problem admitting that like some people.

since ms can do this - hypothetical question: how much does a mail order bride cost?

...god...

Reaction score
You have a wife? Oh sweet God. I bet she is very proud of the path you're taking on your career choice as well.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
to learn more cause I know there is still a lot more I need to learn and could be a lot better than I am

Like how to make logical sense out of what you type so that people can understand what you are trying to say? Try to learn where commas and periods go. That would be a good start.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
HAI thur BranDUN

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
You're lucky you live half way across the world because I wouldn't hesitate to slap the shit out of you right now if you were close by.

Reaction score
2n20dnr.jpg

seX-Power

Reaction score
people tell me i'm eshays all the time but i always simply reply "i'm not eshays, i'm freshays"

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Mail-Order Brides generally cost nothing for the person themselves. What they do cost is the money required to buy their travel visas, the possible thousands of dollars it takes to hire a proper translator if their English isn't good. If you're a member of some form of mail-order subscription service then it's about 40 bucks a month for the cheap ones. Then you're talking total wedding costs, and some places who "sell" these mail-order brides may actually have some form of a fee involved for the meeting set up, which can be around 700-1,800 dollars, depending on the service and location.

Oh yeah, and you have to visit them at least once or twice before they can be shipped to you. So that's another couple thousand in ticket fees, visas, lodging, food and whatever else you need for general vacationing costs. Also, it's ultimately up to the bride to accept you as her husband, you can't just pick and choose like you used to anymore. So ultimately, the cost of Mail-Order brides equates the same amount of money you'd need to just invest in actually going out and dating, meeting a girl and falling in love, without the international fees involved.

I guess the convenience comes from the fact that you pay money for the initial set up with a girl, rather than having to prowl around your actual dating scene. So if you're socially inept, perhaps the price is worth being able to meet a girl who although is marrying you primarily for the money, at least she's giving you a shot.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Mail-Order Brides generally cost nothing for the person themselves. What they do cost is the money required to buy their travel visas, the possible thousands of dollars it takes to hire a proper translator if their English isn't good. If you're a member of some form of mail-order subscription service then it's about 40 bucks a month for the cheap ones. Then you're talking total wedding costs, and some places who "sell" these mail-order brides may actually have some form of a fee involved for the meeting set up, which can be around 700-1,800 dollars, depending on the service and location.

Oh yeah, and you have to visit them at least once or twice before they can be shipped to you. So that's another couple thousand in ticket fees, visas, lodging, food and whatever else you need for general vacationing costs. Also, it's ultimately up to the bride to accept you as her husband, you can't just pick and choose like you used to anymore. So ultimately, the cost of Mail-Order brides equates the same amount of money you'd need to just invest in actually going out and dating, meeting a girl and falling in love, without the international fees involved.

I guess the convenience comes from the fact that you pay money for the initial set up with a girl, rather than having to prowl around your actual dating scene. So if you're socially inept, perhaps the price is worth being able to meet a girl who although is marrying you primarily for the money, at least she's giving you a shot.

It's easily going to cost much less than having a normal wife.