If you've ever been to a WWE show/live event say "I"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Raw is coming to white plains on september 22 and I just got tickets.

If you've ever been to a wwe event tell about it please.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Only been to two house shows, both were epic.

First one featured Swagger vs. Christian for the ECW Title, MVP vs. Shelton for the US Title, and Jeff Hardy & The Undertaker vs. Umaga & Matt Hardy. Got great seats too, four rows from ringside opposite the stage.

Second one featured The Undertaker vs. CM Punk in a Casket Match for the WHC, Christian vs. Goldust for the ECW Title, Morrison vs. Dolph for the IC Title and Batista vs. Mysterio in the main. Even better show, and even better seats, four rows from ringside again, but this time right next to the aisle so I high fived a bunch of guys during the show.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Only been to two house shows, both were epic.

First one featured Swagger vs. Christian for the ECW Title, MVP vs. Shelton for the US Title, and Jeff Hardy & The Undertaker vs. Umaga & Matt Hardy. Got great seats too, four rows from ringside opposite the stage.

Second one featured The Undertaker vs. CM Punk in a Casket Match for the WHC, Christian vs. Goldust for the ECW Title, Morrison vs. Dolph for the IC Title and Batista vs. Mysterio in the main. Even better show, and even better seats, four rows from ringside again, but this time right next to the aisle so I high fived a bunch of guys during the show.

You got to see undertaker shut away punk. Nice

The Viper

Reaction score
I have been to a total of 9 Raw's (not including the one coming up in a few days so that would be 10). 2 Smackdown's. 1 WWE PPV (Vengeance 2005). 2 WWE house shows and IIRC, 3 or 4 WCW Halloween Havoc's.

They were all fantastic. You'll have a great time. There are some freaks that hang around the arenas that scalp tickets (don't bother with them) and some of the fans (from what I've experienced) are nuts as well :lol:. Other than all that, being there live is a phenomenal experience.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I've been to an Indy show before featuring trevor Murdoch, balls Mahoney, nunzio, and jimmy Snuka. It was pretty good so I'm looking forward to this

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I've been to 2 Smackdowns and one SD house show.

The first SD was in 2003. It was the one when Brock Lesnar turned heel on Kurt Angle and destroyed him in the steel cage. It was a pretty good show, it was the first time (I believe) John Cena ever defeated the Undertaker. Also during the show was Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero. But the match ended in a no contest and was changed to a tag team match with Benoit and Tajiri defeating Eddie and Rhyno. Great match. MOTN tho was Rey Mysterio losing to Charlie Haas. Probably the best match I have ever seen live.

The second SD was in 2004. It was the one after Kurt Angle had been injured by Big Show so Paul Heyman (huge markout moment for me) took over for the night and the Dudley Boyz started their final heel run, and an awesome run at that. It was also the SD that had the one and only segment of Rene Dupree's talk show 'Cafe de Rene' which was stopped by John Cena. This night also started the feud between Booker T and the Undertaker which was short-lived. Rico and Charlie Haas also won the Tag belts that night.

The house show wasn't anything special. Rey Mysterio defeated Mark Henry to retain the WHC in a surprisingly great match.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I've been to countless WWE shows, and I never left disappointed. The crowd involvement plays a big part in how much you enjoy it, seeing as how the energy level can be either up or down. House shows are always pretty good as far as match quality and overall action.

Starlight

I always go with friends. I have a female friend who kept getting restrained by security because she kept trying to meet Cody Rhodes. It was when he was apart of Legacy. Cody actually came up to us after he saw how hard she was trying to meet him. Cody is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

The actual shows are fantastic, even if people do not thoroughly in love with WWE anymore. When you're there, you get caught up in the moment. Of course, it's better to be closer to the front row because you have the chance of having a superstar touch you, but even in the back is a great feel. The chants are heard louder than ever and it's a totally different feel when you are at the event LIVE opposed from watching it at the TV.

I love being at the actual show better, but I love house shows because you get to meet superstars and divas a lot easier. I always somehow get backstage passes when I go to WWE events because to me, I want the full experience.

The only thing that sucks is when there's a match and nobody in the audience cares for it and they just sit in their seat watching it--a dead crowd. Totally not fun! It helps to be a little tipsy too. I always drink in my hotel room before the event, since I'm not old enough to go to bars. I'm not even old enough to drink in Mexico yet! Sucks being a minor.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I went to Wrestlemania 24, The RAW that had the draft in ATL, and several house shows in Albany.

Eddie North

Reaction score
I've been to 2 or 3 house shows when I was a kid. I was at Wrestlemania 10, The Raw when Vince Returned to help the Rock at Meadowlands (don't remember the year) But I do remember starting the Vince chant from all the way at the top of the arena (Since that where my seats were, and don't knock it because you could see everything perfectly clear and didn't have to try and look past all the signs.) and that was pretty epic. I also was at the Raw after Brock beat Rock for the title at Summerslam. Those were the last shows I've been to being that I haven't had much time or want to go to any post attitude era. However, I am debating trying to go to Wrestlemania this year at New Giants Stadium.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Went to a WWE house show in Beumont, TX that was part of the Road to WrestleMania XXIV tour. The opening contest was Finlay vs. JBL in a match that the fans could decide the stipulation of.. it ended up being a simple no holds barred/no DQ match. I remember Finlay using salad tongs to squeeze JBL's testicles and I also remember that Finlay won. Charlie Haas made an appearance to job to CM Punk and I also recall a match featuring Mickie James and Beth Phoenix that Candice Michelle had a run-in during. The main event was DX vs. Snitsky and Randy Orton and it was pretty legit. A lot of fun spots and DX did a pre-match routine that lasted about 15 minutes and had the place going crazy. There was a lady behind me in her mid-50's who was absolutely nuts over Randy Orton. Like psycho-obsessive. He got the back of his trunks pulled down by Triple H, exposing his butt and she lost her shit. DX won after a Sweet Chin Music/Pedigree combo also.

One other thing I remember from it is that I brought a sign. I made the front a Chris Jericho sign with all his matrix coding nonsense and jazz and it looked pretty nice. I spilledf some sort of kool-aid on the back though so I had to pretend it was blood and made the back a Hardcore Holly sign. Neither of them appeared at the show.

And on a side note, Chris Masters was an absolute mammoth when I saw him live. Easily the biggest, most astonishing looking guy there, even compared to Triple H and Snitsky and everyone else. He was just a legit freak of nature.

mde

Reaction score
I've actually been to quite a few.

When I was way young I saw the Undertaker vs Ultimate Warrior in a body bag match. It was what would be considered a house show now. The highlight of that night for me was seeing the Warrior and CoCo B.Ware

I was third row at the Raw where The Rock held a eulogy for Stone Cold who then drove the monster truck over the hearse.

I was at a Raw where everyone was teased that DX was coming back together and then one turned on the other. Can't remember who turned. But what I do really remember is the Rock making fun of Eddie Guerrero. He sang a song it was freaking great.

I was at a Smackdown, don't really remember what happened as I wasn't into wrestling that much but I remember seeing Brock and Goldberg. Even though Goldberg didn't wrestle it was still awesome being there.

Been to like 3 house shows, none of them that memorable right now.

Saw an indy show in my tiny ass town that Rick Steiner made an appearance at.

And lastly I was at Mania 23. It was the hair vs hair match (Umaga vs Lashley) Undertake vs Batista, and HBK vs Cena. That was the last event i'll probably ever go to.

I'll include this just because it was amazing. I was at UFC 123 and saw 4 of my favorite fighters. BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes and Rampage Jackson vs Machida.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Been to a few house shows over the years, I was at Wrestlemania 27, and very likely will be at the Hell in the Cell PPV in Oct.

Since we have mentioned other shows now, I'll mention i been to one TNA House show and then was at the TNA in Macon :) so yes I saw Roode win the title.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I've attended 8 shows from 2001 to 2005: 5 RAWs, 2 Smackdowns. and a PPV. They all took place at the Bell Center in Montreal.

RAWs:
-The night after WM XVIII (the one where Hogan got a monstrous ovation. One of my favorite shows I've been to)
-October 2002 (the second week of the Katie Vick storyline. So yes, this one bloody sucked)
-June 2003 (this one was good. It had Kane as a monster heel (finally), and attacked Austin at the end. It also features Booker T winning the IC belt from Christian in a really good match.)
-May 2004 (this one was pretty good. Benoit and Kane had FINALLY started feuding for the belt, only 6 days before their match at the next PPV. La Resistance got a huge pop for winning the tag team belts. Good moment.)
-August 2005 (this was the last show I've been to, and quite possibly the belt. This was during HBK's all too brief heel turn in 2005. He cut the "WHO'S YOUR DADDY, MONTREAL?" promo. Priceless).

Smackdowns:
-October 2001, last show before No Mercy. The InVasion was still going. I know a lot of people were disappointed by the Alliance thing, and while I'll agree it could have been great, it still made for good television. 2001 was the last great year IMO. Anyways, I remember Y2J getting a huge pop, and The Rock getting a not too pleasant ovation, especially after he dissed Jericho. Other notable moments: Lance Storm getting a pretty decent ovation, and RVD doing a frog splash on Austin got him a huge pop)
-January 2005: For some reason, I remember enjoying this show, but I don't remember anything about it for some reason (describes the year of 2005 perfectly. I remember liking the year, but I don't remember much of it). There was a post-show match involving the Undertaker, I remember that.

No Way Out 2003:
-Austin's return at the PPV was the most deafening pop thing I've ever heard. I couldn't even hear his theme song, and thought hw had changed it. Bischoff got the hell beaten out of him, and the crowd loved every second of it. The card also featured Rock vs Hogan II in a pretty good match. The ending saw Sylvain Grenier (not SYLVAN as he was called during his WWE days) as a referee screwing Hogan (appropriate I guess considering Montreal'S history with screwjobs...)

Last edited by a moderator: