If you've ever been to a WWE show/live event say "I"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'll add Hell in the Cell come Oct :) got great seats also

Halfbreed

Reaction score
I've been to a handful of shows over the years, starting with an uber-rare WWF house show through Charlotte, North Carolina back in 1990. It was prior to WrestleMania VI in February and featured a triple-header main event with Dusty Rhodes v. Randy Savage (because the American Dream had long been an NWA staple), Demoliton v. Andre the Giant and Haku for the Tag Titles, and the Ultimate Warrior and Jake Roberts vs. Ted DiBiase and Akeem. We also got to see Bret Hart, Earthquake, Greg Valentine and Tugboat.

Beyond that, I went to a pair of live shows in October 1998 and December 1999, plus the July 1999 Raw where Steve Austin regained the WWF Title from the Undertaker. I was in attendance for two different SmackDown! tapings as well between 2000 and 2003, then didn't return to an event until the Vengeance 2006 pay per view. I also went to Raw in November 2007, but that's been it as far as live shows goes. I actually had tickets to WrestleMania XXIV and the Ring of Honor/Dragon Gate USA shows that weekend in Orlando, but didn't get to go because of stupid reasons.

Castiel

Reaction score
WWE rarely comes around here so I've only gotten to go to two house shows. So much fun. The first I was front row isle way so plenty of high fives. It was a long time ago so I can't remember all the matches but Randy Orton retained his IC title against Booker T, I also flipped off Batista who was with him on his way to the ring which was hilarious. The main event was Kane vs Chris Jericho, Trish came down and helped Jericho. While she was high fiving everyone leaving some douchebag pushed me away so he could high five her, she came back and made sure to shake my hand and ask my name and all. Such a great moment, shows how nice she is!

Second time I had awful seats and had to stand on my seat to see things. Lol, the one thing I remember most was my friend and I weren't standing on our seat and we could see The Great Khali plain as day walking to the ring. He interrupted the main event which had Cena defending against... Orton I think? The Hardy's were tag champs and they blew the roof off the building when they defended against Cade & Murdoch!

Yeah, it's always great fun though! I just wish I had more chances to go! Enjoy!

I almost forgot, I brought a sign to the first one for Stone Cold who my sisters boyfriend at the time who had gotten me tickets and I had idolized, he didn't show... but my sister did make sure I got an autograph on the sign! By none other then the legendary.... Dave Hebner.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I've been to a few Raws, a lot of Smackdowns, and a few house shows.

My first ever live event was a house in 1998, and it was actually right after The Rock turned heel at Survivor Series and joined The Corporation. I remember the main event was The Rock vs Kane in a steel cage, and I remember that some fan actually jumped the railing, climbed up the cage before getting stopped by security. My Mom took me, and she let me get a t-shirt and I chose a D-Generation X shirt. The only members of DX that showed up there was The New Age Outlaws, and I also remember that there was a hardcore match between Mankind and Ken Shamrock.

I've been to quite a few Smackdowns because they come around here a lot since it's the show Rey Mysterio is on, and this is his hometown. One memorable Smackdown was back in September of 2002 where there was an awesome no DQ match between Edge and Eddie Guerrero. Honestly, it's the best match I've ever seen live, and it's my favorite match from both guys. I believe the main event had Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, and Rey Mysterio. I also think Brock Lesnar was there, and he was monstrously huge live.

Another memorable Smackdown for me was the one in 2003 where Big Show had a battle rap with John Cena, and by this time I was already a massive Cena fan and I held up a sign that said "I have a PHD in Basic Thuganomics".

A few memorable Raw events for me was one in 2003 where The Rock made an appearance on The Peep Show. It was originally supposed to be The Highlight Reel, but Jericho fled the building after dousing Goldberg's car with paint. Another time in 2004 The Rock made a surprise appearance to rescue Eugene from being humiliated by Johnathan Coachman.

This year I went to Raw in February, and saw John Cena make out with Eve while Zack Ryder watched, and then saw Kane push Zack off the stage. Last year at a Smackdown taping I witnessed Dolph Ziggler's whole World Title reign, which lasted I think about an hour. After that show when Edge got the title back he spoke to us after the cameras stopped rolling, and told us how much he liked it here despite getting a career threatening injury there at one time.

I've also been to two PPVs, Taboo Tuesday in 2005, and One Night Stand in 2008. At ONS I saw Edge launch Undertaker off a ladder to crash down on four tables. There was a PPV here in 2001 where Chris Jericho became the first ever Undisputed Champion after defeating both The Rock and Stone Cold, but I was unable to go to that one, and I don't remember why but I wish I had gone because that would have been awesome to see.

I've been to a few local indepedent shows until it shut down earlier this year, and I went to PWG All Star Weekend last year.

Attending shows are fun, and it's something that I always try to do whenever WWE comes to town.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I also flipped off Batista who was with him on his way to the ring which was hilarious.

Brave SOB. I didn't even dare pat him on the back the evils he was giving people.

Castiel

Reaction score
I'm Jimmy King and I go to a bunch of shows because I'm great

I remember so many of the events you've been too, The Rock returning to help Eugene was so epic! Damn, you're lucky to have gone to so many awesome shows!

Brave SOB. I didn't even dare pat him on the back the evils he was giving people.

To be fair I didn't want to because I felt I was supposed to respect the wrestlers and he was fucking Batista but my sister insisted I do so. He didn't kill me so it was all good!

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
To be fair I didn't want to because I felt I was supposed to respect the wrestlers and he was fucking Batista but my sister insisted I do so. He didn't kill me so it was all good!

You've got guts, buddy.

Others don't:

[video=youtube;R1iKQLrjvxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1iKQLrjvxs[/video]

Sabretooth

Reaction score
What do you think he's going to do? Hit you. He'd be fired and possibly arrested

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Here is a screenshot from the arena's site of what my seats could possibly come close to looking like at hell in the cell

90d5031eb01b4966b7d1a13.png

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I've only been one time. It was the RAW in cincinnati not to long after Wrestlemania 17. I enjoyed it and had so much fun. It was entertaining.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I was at a smackdown show in OKC back in 2001 I believe it was. It was after Kurt Angle shaved hos head and was wearing that ridiculous wig and Edge and Hogan were teaming up.

Don't remember touch about the show other than a huge battle royal taking place and Hogan taking Kurts wig after they stopped filming the show and mocking him for it. It was pretty funny.

I enjoyed it and could see pretty well too from where I was sitting.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I remember so many of the events you've been too, The Rock returning to help Eugene was so epic! Damn, you're lucky to have gone to so many awesome shows!

Ha ha, yeah, when Rock returned to help out Eugene I flipped out. It wasn't even expected, and the whole arena went bonkers. One of the Smackdown events I've been to was one the year that Lesnar first debuted in the WWE. It had already been a few months after his debut, and I think it was after Summerslam that year where he beat The Rock. I just remember how huge Lesnar was in person, and that's what made me a fan of his because before I actually didn't care for him too much.

I've never been to a TNA show because they've never come around here to Southern California, but I'd actually like to go to one.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well I just got home from the show and it was a blast. Here's what happened. I'm adding some personal thought to.

The show opened with AJ coming out to address the crowd. She's really small in person. She was interrupted by CM Punk who got major heel heat. He said John Cena isn't here tonight because he injured him. Then he said he's defeated John Cena by forfeit which got more boos. AJ said that Punk is not leaving because he will face Big Show and the fans can decide if it's 2 out 3 falls or a lumberjack match. Paul Heyman told the crowd to show Punk respect but we just booed him more.

The first match saw Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio vs The Miz and Tensai. Mysterio was out first to a huge pop and Cara got a good pop. Miz came out to a lot of heat and Tensai to no reaction. I swear Tensai is helpless. The match saw Mysterio and Cara get the upper hand on Miz. Miz and Tensai worked over Cara for a few minutes before he hot tagged mysterio. Rey got some offense on Tensai before Miz interfered. All four men brawled before Miz and Tensai both got strung on the ropes. Rey hit a 619 on Tensai but Miz moved. Sin Cara hit a swanton on Tensai for the pin.

After the match Miz cut a promo saying he didn't get pinned and he's sick of being blamed for loses that aren't his fault. Then he challenged mysterio to a 1 on 1 match which Rey accepted of course. After good back and forth action, Rey won with a 619 frog splash combo. Obviously it was non title.

Then Dean Ambrose faced Mike McGillicutty. Unfortunately Ambrose got hardly any reaction, I guess fans didn't know him. McGillicutty got an ok pop. Good match with McGillicutty getting the win with the mcgillicutter. Ambrose is a really good wrestler, I hope he gets on TV soon.

Next Zack Ryder faced antonio Cesaro for the US title. Cesaro came out to some boos. When Ryder's music hit the crowd fucking exploded. This guy is so over with the fans it's unbelievable. Ryder hit the broski boot but only a 2 count. Finally Cesaro poked Ryder in the eye and pinned him with the neutralizer. To keep the crowd happy, Cesaro attack Ryder after the match and went for the neutralizer again but Ryder hit a backdrop and the Rough Ryder to a pop. Seriously Ryder needs to get a bigger role on TV because the crowd ate him up.

Then we had an intermission to get souvenirs. When I was running to get in line, I kneed this guy really hard in the leg. I should have felt bad but I laughed. You should have seen the line, no wonder Vince is rich. I got a T-Shirt.

After intermission we saw Damien Sandow vs Justin Gabriel. Sandow got small boos and Gabriel small cheers. Sandow was hilarious live when he talked about being an intellectual savior. He beat Gabriel with the neck breaker. This was the dullest match of the night.

Up next was Layla vs Eve with Aksana as the referee. The divas title was on the line. Layla got a huge pop and Eve huge boos. This was an amazing divas match. Both ladies tried hard. Eve shook her ass before the moonsault and the crowd went nuts. If the divas got this much time on TV, the division wouldn't be shit.

Next Brodus Clay faced Heath Slater. When brodus came out, the crowd exploded like they did for Ryder. Say what you want about Brodus but he's over. Heath came out to a mixed reaction. I think some fans like his "Blue jobber" role. He said the fans came to see the One Man Band. Essentially a squash match with brodus hitting the big splash. After the match he invited little kids into the ring to dance with him, Cameron, and Naomi.

Finally the main event took place. It was announced as a lumberjack match. When Big Show's music hit, the crowd screamed so loud that I went deaf. He was 100% babyface. CM Punk came out to a mixed reaction. He said AJ isn't fit to be a GM because women can't make decisions which got a chorus of boos. Then he said AJ shoud be home cooking and cleaning like the rest of the women in the arena. This really set the crowd up. They despised him. The lumberjacks were everybody who had competed in the previous matches. Punk played the chickenshit heel while Show tossed him around. After Punk got some offenense, Big Show came back. Show choke slammed him for a 3 count and the crowd exploded. Unfortunately his foot was on the ropes. After a while the lumberjacks started brawling and Punk hit Show with the title for the DQ. I don't know what happened after because my dad rushed us out so we didn't hit traffic.

All in all a great show. The fans were way into it. Chanting along with the crowd is really fun. I can't wait for the next show.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Big Show playing the face huh? Interesting.....

Sounds awesome, glad you enjoyed it.