If You Go to the Gym...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soul_of_Ruby

Reaction score
I think they're just talking about when people slam the weights on the floor and startle everyone. Yeah, I can't stand that either.

noumenon

Well excuse me if after I finish pressing 300 lbs over my head if I don't feel like putting it down gingerly.

Reaction score
Ever try to lift 500 pounds without making any noise?

No. I'm not a powerlifter or bodybuilder. I lift weights to stay toned and healthy. I don't try to impress the whole gym with my uber manliness.

Quienes mas macho?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Carrying around my massive ego has left me ripped and without need of a gym.

noumenon

Nah, I completely understand what you're saying. There are a lot of ridiculous douche bags in the gym who try to draw attention to themselves... they are quite annoying. However just making the point that it is actually healthier to make some sort of noise (or at least release air) when doing heavy lifting...thus the grunting and stupid noises. I admit I'm guilt of it from time to time, though it has nothing to do with drawing attention.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I need to start working out. I lost my 6 pac from eating too much but I got that back. For someone my size, I think I have some pretty good muscles. But there's no definition to it. That's what I want to work on.

Reaction score
^^^Six packs are overrated. I guess if you want to be a douche A&F model standing in the damn doorway then go ahead. I don't have a six pack and I workout 3-5 days a week. Due, in part, to my love of beer and ice cream but I'll never be fat either.

The best way to gauge your weight...if you put on a shirt and the bottom isn't sticking out.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Nah, scales aren't entirely accurate. I am technically like 20 pounds over weight but you would never be able to tell.

noumenon

Well, I'm technically over weight too although it's all muscle it's still considered being over weight.