If You Go to the Gym...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Have you ever seen someone lifting weights with a fuckin mouth guard?!?! I can't really explain why I'm bothered but I saw a guy doing 300 lb squats trying to breath with a mouth guard. For those that have never worn one, it restricts your breathing A LOT! That's why boxers and mixed martial artists train so vigourously because breathing is EVERYTHING in exercise.

Anyway, this dude is sucking wind and his face was turning purple because he couldn't breath!! I desperately wanted to ask why he did that. Anyone else ever seen this?

Reaction score
I've never seen a mouth guard used, but I've seen INFINITE amounts of stupidity used by people over the years I've been going to the gym.

Reaction score
^^^Like what? I've seen idiots staring at the mirror in front of them, admiring their own glory when they drop a medicine ball on their foot.

Reaction score
I've seen "Frat Curling", which is where fags do barbell curls in the squat rack. I've seen "cardio bunnies" trying to cocktease drop 115 bench on their neck because they can't lift. People sweat all over equipment and lay around on benches resting and not lifting. People doing "partial" range of motion with hardly any weight "Because it burns fat and TONES!" :rolleyes:

Kizza

I've never been to a gym, I prefer just to lift a few weights in the solitude of my own home. Some dumbbells, a bench press, a rowing machine and a treadmill are good enough. Fuck paying for a membership and that.

noumenon

Have you ever seen someone lifting weights with a fuckin mouth guard?!?! I can't really explain why I'm bothered but I saw a guy doing 300 lb squats trying to breath with a mouth guard. For those that have never worn one, it restricts your breathing A LOT! That's why boxers and mixed martial artists train so vigourously because breathing is EVERYTHING in exercise.

Anyway, this dude is sucking wind and his face was turning purple because he couldn't breath!! I desperately wanted to ask why he did that. Anyone else ever seen this?

It's because when you lift a lot of weight you tend to grit your teeth. I know a few guys who do some minor league strong man stuff, they use the mouth guard to prevent from biting down too hard... yeah I know it's fucking stupid.

I've seen just about every fucking measure of stupidity there is to see in the gym. I'd say next to driving it's the best place to see people do ridiculous shit that will shock and surprise you every day.

Reaction score
^^^Yeh that's what I thought it'd be for, to stop biting down too hard. Surely though, there could be some modification to allow better breathing, lol.

Reaction score
I've never been to a gym, I prefer just to lift a few weights in the solitude of my own home. Some dumbbells, a bench press, a rowing machine and a treadmill are good enough. Fuck paying for a membership and that.
He wasn't asking for that.

Way to fail.

Travis40

I agree with this. Fuck memberships, I don't want people to watch me work out lol

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Funniest shit I've seen in the gym is.. Well, actually are when people make faces while lifting weights, especially benching. Shit I do it too, but I find it so fucking funny some times.

Reaction score
I still can't stand slamming weights down. Yes, maxing out is tough and really strains your body but honestly, why?

noumenon

Because if you're lifting for power lifting your maximum is the only way you're going to become stronger.

Reaction score
The issues isn't maxing out, it's throwing the damn weights down and grunting like a douchebag. I've let out some grunts but not screaming "YYYYAAAAAHHHHH!!", no joke, I've heard that before.