Idea of a New Generation of E-feds on WS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I was really bummed about UWF closing down or whatever's going on with it, and it got me thinking. RP feds haven't worked here... Promo Feds haven't worked here... A big reason why is because the promo and rp guys are split apart. It seems as if they are opposite ends. Only a few people on here are apart of both. Lots on here are either into only rp'ing or only promo'ing. That has been why we have two feds because half the people want promos and the other half want roleplays. So I have an idea for whoever cares enough to consider it. What if we brought everyone together and formed only one fed on this site. It can be an RP and a promo fed in one. There could be certain rules where you can get with your opponents before your match and decide if you would rather do promos or roleplays for your match. It would even be where you could have a real wrestler like in promo feds or you could have a created one like in roleplay feds. It would all come together and everyone on WS who loves e-feds could come together and join as one. Because with us split in either promos or rp's with two feds here, it will not survive. We don't have enough people on this site to run two active feds here. If we have one big fed, it would be more active, and more likely to survive in the long run. Agree/Disagree?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Disagree. Feds like that just can't survive. Because when you face off against one another... the real wrestler and created wrestler... the degree of differences between the two is as far as east and west and so it will cause just a lot of problems when it comes to challenging each other. The styles of the two are two vast to work which is why there had to be two different feds.

The styles can't exist in one fed. It will collapse.

Oh and the RP fed that abandoned split second... may not be thriving with tons of people but it is still kicking.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You've been the one that has abandoned the RP efed twice. So I'm not sure that it's your place to say when or if it's failing.

Andy

Reaction score
I'm totally down for it. 'Twas pretty much what PWA was. Would be freakin' awesome. Sucks to see the UWF is shutting down though.

Last edited:

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
You've been the one that has abandoned the RP efed twice. So I'm not sure that it's your place to say when or if it's failing.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. I never said the rp fed was failing, I was just saying they have here in the past. Also, I never abanoned the e-feds, dumbass! I'm just burnt out on them... You would be too, if you dealt with what I was dealing with.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I would help out in a new E-Fed. I have some experience

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
You really have no idea what you are talking about. I never said the rp fed was failing, I was just saying they have here in the past. Also, I never abanoned the e-feds, dumbass! I'm just burnt out on them... You would be too, if you dealt with what I was dealing with.

Then I guess I should be burnt out and leave too right?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I am enjoying the RP Fed here. It should stay as an RP Fed.

I wish we could still have an E-Fed here, however it is what it is.

E-Feds tend to be dying slowly these days but we are gaining members in ACW so that's a good sign and if anybody needs help I'm sure there are people around who will help ACW.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
I just want a TT fed here.

I really really really really really wanna TT again.

So if UWF is shutting down.. then well perhaps I say either bring back CWF or make a new TT fed.

And the biggest problem I've had with UWF was the fact that I couldn't pick up the wrestler who is easily the best I ever played and that was CM Punk (although I've been world champ with Ziggler only).

Killswitch

Reaction score
Would be nice to see some guys step up and get something that works once and for all and get away from this on and off stuff.

This is why I never sign up cause these feds are too shaky like WCW.

Andy

Reaction score
As was previously stated in a different topic on this board, the PWA was a mix of both types of efed (with several other unique characteristics), which ran for 3 years without a hitch. In fact, it's creation was due in part to the death of another site, Smackdown Games Live! which housed an efed called XWF, which was very similar in some ways, while not in others, that ran for 6 years. Despite the clutter which some of your members perceive would come with our fed and how we did things, it was far more organized than you think in the sense that we performed our duties flawlessly and gave our roleplayers far more liberties than your feds currently do. This is part of the reason why people are so unmotivated to roleplay.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Why not just go to ACW and do your own thing, and if people like it, great, if they don't, oh well, shit happens. I don't see how they both couldn't work, just grade them differently.

Andy

Reaction score
Why not just go to ACW and do your own thing, and if people like it, great, if they don't, oh well, shit happens. I don't see how they both couldn't work, just grade them differently.

Hell to the yes, my brother. And other people want some form of a new fed, so building a small staff wouldn't be too hard.

The_King

Reaction score
I know I'm not currently involved in either fed (but hopefully will be soon), but I'd like to throw in my two cents.

As Andy mentioned above, the XWF was a hybrid of the TT and RP concepts. It lasted from late 04' to late 09', and the only reason it folded was that the SDGL domain (the forum it was hosted on) expired. It was still rather active at the point unfortunately. So, from my understanding, TT is basically a back and forth promo between two efedders. So, in essence, it's an in-ring promo involving interaction. We usually had about 10-15 active RPers, and some took the TT route focusing heavily on in-ring promos/backstage interviews/interaction with their opponents while others focused more on their character and took the RP route. To be honest, it all comes down to writing/storyline quality. We had champs who took the TT route, and champs who took the RP route. Both were equally successful, and we graded both on the same scale. On top of that, there was a mix of original/real wrestlers used, and there was never a conflict on those grounds. Overall, the fed lasted for five years and was thriving until the forum's death. TWA's hyrbid suggestion would definitely work if it was launched properly and carefully.

And to the people running the feds, I ran the XWF from early 07' to mid 09'. It's a pain in the ass haha. People expect immediate results, which is near impossible considering they also want fully written matches done in a specific manner. Everyone wants to be involved in an extremely important storyline, despite the fact that usually only a small sect of RPers consistently RP. I do not envy your position at all haha, but I respect you for keeping it at! If you ever need help, I'd be willing to chip in (though I don't really think the ACW needs it at this point haha).

And that's my two cents haha.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Personally, right now I think ACW is doing pretty good. I don't really know what is going on with the UWF even though I was gonna join as the Honky Tonk Man at one point. Not sure if merging them into one would change who is RPing or TTing currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.