I need a new way to download shit. (Sub title: So angry right now)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
K, I am currently using Bell Sympatico as my ISP. Bell is a dirty cock sucking whore master that is throttling my downloads so badly that I am getting only 30kB/s MAXIMUM while downloading a torrent. Obviously I have a much, much better internet connection than this. I never had this problem till I moved to fucking Quebexico.

So I need a new way to download movies, tv shows etc that is not Rapidshare megaupload or any other bullshit site that caps how much I can download in a day or will force me to dl 845 separate files.

The person who gives me the best advice will be able to choose one person to be banned for 24 hours no questions asked.*

*I cannot ban administrators or staff of any kind.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
BTW the sooner the better because I just noticed that my DL speed has dropped down to 2.3kB/s and my 3Gb file that should take me an hour at most to DL is now going to take two weeks.

ARRRRRRRGH.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I could go dig out an old 56.6 modem, sign up for dial up and get a faster download than this shit.

Kizza

You need a new internet provider. If it's capped, there's not much you can do.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Uhh.. are you sure your ports aren't blocked?

100% positive. That was the first thing I checked.

After an influx of consumer complaints, Canadian ISP Bell Sympatico admitted to limiting the bandwidth of peer-to-peer file sharing at certain peak hours. On a Bell Sympatico forum specifically addressing the throttling of P2Ps, the discussion administrator replied with the following statement (the entire discussion is still available on the Bell Sympatico support community):

Hi, Yes, we are now using a Internet Traffic Management to restrict accounts that are using a large portion of bandwidth during peak hours. Some of the applications that are included are the following:

• bitTorrent

• Gnutella

• Limewire

• Kazaa

• eDonkey

• eMule

• WinMX, etc.

Thanks

Outside of this admission, Bell Sympatico is using the same ambiguous defense tactics of Comcast, which Mark discussed several weeks ago. Further responses from Bell Sympatico focused on the desire to “enhance the online customer experience and improve Internet performance for all our customers.†Not entirely sure how customers can benefit from restricted data retrieval speeds, unless “customers†are defined as those who do not use the Internet for rapid transfer of media.

With this added ammunition, advocacy groups may rekindle cries for government intervention. Until then, the immense worldwide P2P community will continue to suffer from frustration, neglect, and regurgitated explanations of questionable practices.

Qwake

The same thing is happening to me, I've used all my cap for the month and all DLs are going extremly slow.

So I need a new way to download movies, tv shows etc that is not Rapidshare megaupload or any other bullshit site that caps how much I can download in a day or will force me to dl 845 separate files.
I think you can DL as much as you want in a day, you just can't DL more then 1 thing at a time. All I do is find movies/shows in singles links and get them one after the other and it usually works well.

Great One

Wow, your ISP is a piece of shit. They blocked everything, I don't know what to tell you other then get the fuck out of Canada asap. Nothing else you can do.

Kizza

As Lennie said, single link movies then.

There's a format called .mkv, which decreases the file size with the same quality. You just need a converter to convert them to AVI. Usual file size movies are 350mb-500mb, and some are like 1 or 2 megaupload links. If P2P's are throttled, then links are the only other way to go.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Okay, so give me the best way to search megaupload files since they don't have a search bar on their site.

Kizza

Just type it into google with megaupload on the end.

Or use warez sites.