How Does The Empress Fall?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
I cant remember the last time someone killed my interest in an entire division as badly as Asuka has done for the NXT Women. She's just such a detriment to the division, she's John Cena times ten; everyone else in the division looks like absolute except her and she's just booked as more and more unstoppable. And the big payoff when she finally loses wont even accomplish anything. Because lets say Ember Moon beats her next time they face off; well that doesn't change the fact that Asuka's booking has destroyed the rest of the division and made them all look like absolute shit. So what does Ember Moon do from there? Feud with a bunch of pathetic jobbers? I cant wait till they get the Title off of Asuka.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I cant remember the last time someone killed my interest in an entire division as badly as Asuka has done for the NXT Women. She's just such a detriment to the division, she's John Cena times ten; everyone else in the division looks like absolute except her and she's just booked as more and more unstoppable. And the big payoff when she finally loses wont even accomplish anything. Because lets say Ember Moon beats her next time they face off; well that doesn't change the fact that Asuka's booking has destroyed the rest of the division and made them all look like absolute shit. So what does Ember Moon do from there? Feud with a bunch of pathetic jobbers? I cant wait till they get the Title off of Asuka.
Okay...so...I can kind of see your point...but...in the long term I think the NXT creative can "fix" this issue.

Once Asuka drops the belt to Ember Moon she will no doubt be drafted to the main roster. I would hope
that Peyton Royce, Billie Kay and possibly Liv Morgan will also get drafted also leaving Ember Moon to
feud with Nikki Cross, Ruby Riot and the influx of new talent that will be signed to NXT after the Mae Young
Classic tournament.

The entire NXT women's division will be rebuilt and restructured after Asuka is drafted.

Reactions: Red Rain

Neilslam

Reaction score
Okay...so...I can kind of see your point...but...in the long term I think the NXT creative can "fix" this issue.

Once Asuka drops the belt to Ember Moon she will no doubt be drafted to the main roster. I would hope
that Peyton Royce, Billie Kay and possibly Liv Morgan will also get drafted also leaving Ember Moon to
feud with Nikki Cross, Ruby Riot and the influx of new talent that will be signed to NXT after the Mae Young
Classic tournament.

The entire NXT women's division will be rebuilt and restructured after Asuka is drafted.
should be cool, though I imagine joshi fans would hope Asuka stays so when Io Shirai comes to NXT,
they can reform Triple Tail S.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score

Classic tournament.

Hopefully, because at this stage because of Super Asuka the entire division needs to be rebuilt. Even Cross and Riot look like absolute jokes now after Asuka tore through them. They need to start making other women in the division look like serious competitors. Though I feel like Peyton, Billie, etc. need more time in NXT to keep improving. The Main Roster needs less Alexa's and Carmella's and more Charlotte's, Becky's, etc.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Even Cross and Riot look like absolute jokes now after Asuka tore through them.
Ehh...that seems a bit harsh. I still think Nikki & Ruby are still sitting pretty...
Though I feel like Peyton, Billie, etc. need more time in NXT to keep improving.
I think Peyton & Billie are ready...or at least they are in my opinion. I mean
we have Carmella, Dana Brooke & Nia Jax on the main roster...and I think
Peyton & Billie have more in-ring skills than those 3.
The Main Roster needs less Alexa's and Carmella's and more Charlotte's, Becky's, etc.
I agree...but holding every female performer up to the standard of Charlotte
& Becky won't work.

Some women have a natural ring presence than cannot be trained into
someone no matter how much work they put in.

Charlotte, Sasha & Becky have this...(Bayley in my opinion does not)...
so you can't expect every woman to be that natural and skilled in the
ring.

Its my main gripe with Nia Jax...she just seems so awkward and unnatural
in the ring...and frankly...she's a danger to the other performers because
of it.

Naturals:
Emma
Mickie James
Sasha Banks
Becky Lynch
Charlotte
Naomi
Natalya
Nikki Bella
Asuka
Ember Moon
Nikki Cross
Peyton Royce
Ruby Riot

Workers:
Alexa Bliss
Alicia Fox
Bayley
Dana Brooke
Nia Jax
Paige
Summer Rae
Carmella
Eva Marie
Lana
Tamina
Aliyah
Billie Kay
Liv Morgan
Mandy Rose

That's the way I look at it...

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
Ehh...that seems a bit harsh. I still think Nikki & Ruby are still sitting pretty...

I think Peyton & Billie are ready...or at least they are in my opinion. I mean
we have Carmella, Dana Brooke & Nia Jax on the main roster...and I think
Peyton & Billie have more in-ring skills than those 3.

I agree...but holding every female performer up to the standard of Charlotte
& Becky won't work.

Some women have a natural ring presence than cannot be trained into
someone no matter how much work they put in.

Charlotte, Sasha & Becky have this...(Bayley in my opinion does not)...
so you can't expect every woman to be that natural and skilled in the
ring.

Its my main gripe with Nia Jax...she just seems so awkward and unnatural
in the ring...and frankly...she's a danger to the other performers because
of it.

Naturals:
Emma
Mickie James
Sasha Banks
Becky Lynch
Charlotte
Naomi
Natalya
Nikki Bella
Asuka
Ember Moon
Nikki Cross
Peyton Royce
Ruby Riot

Workers:
Alexa Bliss
Alicia Fox
Bayley
Dana Brooke
Nia Jax
Paige
Summer Rae
Carmella
Eva Marie
Lana
Tamina
Aliyah
Billie Kay
Liv Morgan
Mandy Rose

That's the way I look at it...

I agree to an extent, its not fair to hold them all up to such a high standard, but they should at least be above average/capable talents. WWE are still calling up way too many green talents, especially in the womens divisions.

Didn't Asuka just pin Nikki and Ruby at the same time in another anti-climactic Asuka match? That established them as just another couple of hapless Asuka victims. Thats the big issue, no one ever gets to look good agaisnt Asuka.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Didn't Asuka just pin Nikki and Ruby at the same time in another anti-climactic Asuka match? That established them as just another couple of hapless Asuka victims. That's the big issue, no one ever gets to look good against Asuka.
Well yeah...both both Nikki & Ruby put in a great showing...especially Ruby...

I think Mickie James looked solid against Asuka...as did Ember Moon...and way, way back
in the day Emma pushed Asuka closer to her limit than anyone else has...at least in my opinion.

Of course I'm an Emma fanboy...as I'm Australian.

I honestly think the NXT women's division is in for a major over haul in the 6 months...and I'm sure
we will all be happy with the results.

Last edited:

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well yeah...both both Nikki & Ruby put in a great showing...especially Ruby...

I think Mickie James looked solid against Asuka...as did Ember Moon...and way, way back
in the day Emma pushed Asuka closer to her limit than anyone else has...at least in my opinion.

Of course I'm an Emma fanboy...as I'm Australian.

I honestly think the NXT women's division is in for a major over haul in the 6 months...and I'm sure
we will all be happy with the results.

Personally I felt that match was really poor. Embers injury left the match without a top babyface for the match, and the match structure was stupid because there were no real babyface moments, in fact the two heels duked it out for most of the match. And the ending was just typical anti-climactic Super Asuka crap, she really needs a better finisher, because her kick is such a buzzkill everytime. And pinning them both at once, it was just another match that made Asuka look strong but made everyone else look like absolute shit.

Fixing the NXT Womens Division will take a while, because Asuka's Super push has destroyed any credibility that every other woman had. No one gets to ever even put in a good showing against her and look like they could beat her (except Ember). Her matches accomplish nothing other than making Asuka look strong.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Personally I felt that match was really poor. Embers injury left the match without a top babyface for the match, and the match structure was stupid because there were no real babyface moments, in fact the two heels duked it out for most of the match. And the ending was just typical anti-climactic Super Asuka crap, she really needs a better finisher, because her kick is such a buzzkill everytime. And pinning them both at once, it was just another match that made Asuka look strong but made everyone else look like absolute shit.

Fixing the NXT Womens Division will take a while, because Asuka's Super push has destroyed any credibility that every other woman had. No one gets to ever even put in a good showing against her and look like they could beat her (except Ember). Her matches accomplish nothing other than making Asuka look strong.
Okay...well...we clearly have a difference of opinion as far as this matter goes...but I can understand and respect that.

I honestly don't think the division is struggling that much...and I'm hopeful it will only get better.

Reaction score
I see Asuka, keeping the title until the NXT Takeover after the Woman's Tournament, as the winner of that will be the one to defeat her but I have no idea who it would be

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Asuka's most likely going to lose the NXT Championship at Takerover Brooklyn III to Ember Moon. I'm positive WWE wants her to hit the massive milestone of 500 days as champion (when was the last time someone held a Championship for 500 days in WWE? As far as my, admittedly limited research went, that hasn't happened since the early to mid 80's with Hogan's 1000+ Championship run), and losing at Brooklyn III would put her reign at a total of 505 days (or 506 in WWE's skewed version of the world where you count the end date in reigns). And based on how The New Day's historic reign went, once you pass the landmark you drop it. It's also a really good transition period in WWE, where Asuka could be inserted into either brand (but hopefully Smackdown) and dominate over there, which I'd be all for.

I wouldn't really mind if I was wrong about this, but I'm pretty certain she's just holding it until 500. And Ember Moon has clearly been positioned as the next champion, at least from what I've seen.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
To be honest I would get Nia Jax back in NXT and let her do it. I don't think she's doing much on the main roster and I believe she needs the experience/training she'll get from NXT. Plus she's basically one of the few I could see who could legitimately beat Asuka with the other being Charlotte Flair. I don't watch NXT so I don't know the challengers or anything. This is what I would want to see happen though. Plus Asuka could take that role on Raw as the alpha woman