How Does The Empress Fall?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Such a shame she's gonna be handed a loss at TakeOver :(
I wouldn't be so sure...

2 Reasons:

1). She has been booked for NXT events after TakeOver Orlando...
&
2). I'm pretty sure WWE will want her to break Goldberg's record...

I honestly think they will hold off bringing Asuka to the main roster
till after SummerSlam.

Last edited:

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure...

2 Reasons:

1). She has been booked for NXT events after TakeOver Orlando...
&
2). I'm pretty sure WWE will want her to break Goldberg's record...

I honestly think they will hold off bringing Asuka to the main roster
till after Summer Slam.

Let's hope you're right!

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
They could kayfabe injure her, strip her of the title, send her to RAW/Smackdown and have her beat of some new people. I think they are building her up to be defeated by Ember Moon as it puts them both over. Also along reign of 400+ days makes the NXT womens title mean something.

Beating Goldberg is a safe bet (real wins as well) and if they kayfabe strip her of the title she can go beat up some more people for 200+ wins. If she stays on NXT much longer they kind of undermine the other women if she is booked to strong. SHe has been acting like a tweener so they are building up Ember Moon to go over perhaps at Takeover/Summer Slam weekend.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think they are building her up to be defeated by Ember Moon as it puts them both over
I wouldn't be so sure...as Ember is now injured (for real)...

I think it all depends on if Ember can recover in time...

Asuka may remain in NXT for longer than the creative teams intended.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure...as Ember is now injured (for real)...

I think it all depends on if Ember can recover in time...

Asuka may remain in NXT for longer than the creative teams intended.

I think it'll take 4-5 weeks until she recovers.

She's out of TakeOver: Chicago for sure, but she'll be good to go for TakeOver in Brooklyn where she'll most likely dethrone Asuka.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think it'll take 4-5 weeks until she recovers.

She's out of TakeOver: Chicago for sure, but she'll be good to go for TakeOver in Brooklyn
That's good...
where she'll most likely dethrone Asuka.
Ugh...look...I know that no one can remain undefeated forever...but...I just don't think Ember Moon
deserves to be the one to defeat Asuka.

I'd have Kairi Hojo win the women's tournament and then be the one to dethrone Asuka...
Asuka moves up to the main roster...with Kairi & Ember then feuding over the belt.

I think I'm just scared of what will happen to Asuka once she does make the main roster...

I just...don't trust WWE to do the right thing...and plus if they do book Asuka correctly...
every other woman on whatever brand she's on will suffer because of it.

I honestly think the WWE/NXT have booked themselves into a corner with Asuka.

She has to lose...but...its going to hurt when she does.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
That's good...

Ugh...look...I know that no one can remain undefeated forever...but...I just don't think Ember Moon
deserves to be the one to defeat Asuka.

I'd have Kairi Hojo win the women's tournament and then be the one to dethrone Asuka...
Asuka moves up to the main roster...with Kairi & Ember then feuding over the belt.

I think I'm just scared of what will happen to Asuka once she does make the main roster...

I just...don't trust WWE to do the right thing...and plus if they do book Asuka correctly...
every other woman on whatever brand she's on will suffer because of it.

I honestly think the WWE/NXT have booked themselves into a corner with Asuka.

She has to lose...but...its going to hurt when she does.

Kairi Hojo will probably win the women's tourney, yeah, but I'm not too sure she'll be the one to dethrone Asuka. I wouldn't mind it, though.

The thing is, Ember Moon has come closer to dethroning Asuka than anyone else, which is why I think she'll be the one to dethrone Asuka at TakeOver: Brooklyn, assuming that is WWE's plan.

Asuka's getting overconfident and that will be her downfall. She had to resort to cheating at TakeOver: Orlando in order to retain and I think the story they're trying to tell is to have Ember defeat Asuka in Brooklyn in order to get her redemption in a way. It might not be a decisive win and Asuka may go berserk on her after the match, but knowing NXT is big on rematch clauses, they'll probably do a rematch at TakeOver some time in November where Ember will get a more decisive win. Now, I don't know what WWE's plans are, obviously, but that's what I assume they'll do.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Prince Balor on point. Overconfidence will be her downfall. You don't need to believe that someone is a tougher fighter than Asuka. You need to believe that she has let her success cloud her judgment, which leads to mistakes in the ring. Mistakes which lead to being pinned to the mat for 3 seconds by anyone focused enough on the right day. You could have a woman debut and beat her just to get the rub. It's not who, it's more how they tell the story. As is most things in booking.