Hot and Not in Pro Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThophyRof

Reaction score
oh right.I dont talk to too many people about wrestling and i think thats why my friends think its funny......seeing i am a 59 70kg154ps actor, who is into fashion and so forth. wrestling does not really fit who i am. and that is why i like wrestling, its all about the whhhhhoooo hhhhhahhhaaaaa..........

Montana

Reaction score
It's been a little over a month, and i figured i'd update what i consider to be Hot/Not. Not a whole lot to discuss, but here's what i'm thinking.

HOT

Kane - Upon winning the title at Money in the Bank, Kane has proceeding with some amazing promos on SD, and a interesting storyline with with Undertaker/Rey Mysterio. Can he really hold the title until mania though??

Drew MCintyre - You can tell the WWE is in a slump if Drew I think Drew is one of the hottest things going for them. He was close between luke warm and Hot, but i'll give him the credit. He's doing well on the ring and in the ring.

ROH GLory by Honor 9 - No matches have been announced yet, however it will be a triple main event, and would be impossible to screw up this card, with the solid booking, and events leading up to this show.

Luke Warm

- The Miz - Has the MITB breifcase, however i think he could be the first to lose in his cash in attempt.

- Cody Rhodes - His Dashing gimmick has caught my eye. Young Cody showing a little charisma.

- Generation ME aka The Young Bucks - Eventually TNA will figure out what they have with these guys.

Not

Same as last month (Hart Foundation, Morrison, Santino, Rob Terry, Douglas Williams, Matt Morgan, Necro Butcher)

Plus

ECW invasion of TNA - Just stop TNA.

Cryme TYme - JTG + SHap Gespard - My Time?? Not so much

Christian - I hate to say this, but yeah. It's all WWE's fault. They just aren't using him right.

Dolph Ziggler - He's doing well, BUT i don't buy into his gimmick with Vickie. He has to show me a little more.

SummerSlam - Weak PPV thus far imo. SS is normally one of my favorites every year, but this year looks rather lackluster.

Reaction score
I like these listings. However I would bump McIntyre down from hot to luke warm for now and the Young Bucks in TNA anyway are a "not" for me at the moment. I'd also like to give props to Dragon Gate USA as hot after last week's really fun anniversary show.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Hot
Kane- The hottest thing in the WWE right now imo. Ever since the Taker angle started Kane is becoming the focal point of Smackdown, and with him looking stronger as WHC by the week I think 2010 could end up being quite a good year for Kane. He could always cut pretty good promos, and as of late they have been increasingly awesome.

Randy Orton- Next to Kane the hottest thing in the WWE imo. He is quickly getting just as many, if not more cheers than Cena on a weekly basis. I feel that if his popularity keeps climbing the way it has been the past 3-4 months he could be that face to take the top spot when Cena does in fact turn heel, if he does. However, I dont think he should be given the WWE title just yet, I think they should hold off on that for a few more months.

Fortune- Say what you want, I love this stable. I always felt that Flair could play the mentor/manager role extremely well. Some may call it a Evolution/Horsemen ripoff but what hasn't been ripped off at some point before? It's really helping Beer Money and Kaz become more established as upper carders and is helping AJ stay involved in a storyline, but not being involved in a major feud. To many times when he isn't in the title picture it feels like he gets demoted. Currently it isn't the case.

The Miz- Mr. Money in the Bank. His promos and matches are solid, and he is only getting better. I see him holding onto the case for awhile, much like Edge initally. I think 2 or 3 high profile feuds (maybe Orton or Jericho?) would really help him immensely in his inevidable world title run after Cashing in the money in the bank briefcase.

Lukewarm-
Sheamus- He is doing a fine job as a top heel on RAW, I just want to see him finally start to look dominant. Every title defense he has had he never wins cleanly, I cant take someone serious as a monster heel without going over clean on atleast one face. His match with Orton at SUmmer SLam is going to be extremely important in his devlopment into a top heel.

Cody Rhodes- I never thought I'd say this, but he is showing some glimpses of the family charisma. His little vignettes and promos are pretty entertaining and he is solid in the ring. I am curious to see where his 'Dashing' character takes him. I see a IC title push towards the end of the year.

Kofi Kingston- This past week on Smackdown he got a bit EDGIER, if you can call attacking Ziggler edgy, but he is quickly becoming a SHelton Benjamin type of mid carder: extremely athletic but otherwise pretty dull. I think he really needs to establish some kind of character to avoid becoming extremely dull.

Dolph Ziggler- I like that he is getting a bit more intense, but his whole Angle with Vickie just seems awkward and at times forced, they really haven't done much other than go down to the ring together. I need to see something more than that.

Chris Jericho- I love Jericho, I really do. But it's obvious that he doesn't have alot left in the tank. He is starting to look sluggish and lazy. He is starting to become a glorified jobber, I am not against him helping establish guys like Bourne, but he needs to also at the same time keep that credibility as "The Best in the world at what he does" in order to make those guys look as good as he does in terms of kayfabe.

Not-
Christian- He is quickly losing any credibility he had when ECW was cancelled. I felt that after ECW was cancelled he could have easily transitioned into an upper carder with potential to be in the main event by now. But he is falling into that Matt Hardy level where the fans love them, but they are obviously not ever going to be world champions in the WWE, which is kind of sad because he is one of the most talented guys on the roster imo.

Desmond Wolfe- What happened to him? 6 months ago it was looking like he was going to be world champion within 3 months, and now his presence is almost non existant.

The Hart Dynasty- What have the done worth mentioning since winning the straps? Feuding with the Usos? I love the Harts and everything but they have so much potential not tapped yet. I feel that they could help ressurect the almost non existant WWE tag division if given a chance.

John Cena- I am by no means a Cena hater, nor am I a Cena fan, but he is getting hard to watch. I find it hard to take him seriously as the "WWE General" in the "war" with the Nexus. His promos are getting increasingly corny and hard to watch and his matches are getting pretty horrid as well. I respect everything he does for the WWE but, I think that he is drained, I feel that a few months off would do Cena some help.

Reaction score
- Generation ME aka The Young Bucks - Eventually TNA will figure out what they have with these guys.
A couple of spot monkeys that still need some seasoning and a heavy dose of charisma? Thank god they made them drop their awful indy ring attire. One of the things TNA did right.

Reaction score
A couple of spot monkeys that still need some seasoning and a heavy dose of charisma? Thank god they made them drop their awful indy ring attire. One of the things TNA did right.

I think its a case of TNA needing to give them responsibility to see if they can show some sort of charisma. They switched out awful indy ring attire for a even more awful ring name!

Reaction score
Another "Not" to me would be Hernandez. The guy goes over Matt Morgan in a cage match at the last PPV and hasn't been seen much since. Whats up with that?

Montana

Reaction score
Garden State: Yes i would tend to agree with you on Mcintyre, and the Young Bucks, BUT there is a bit of personel favorites mixed into these. Mcintyre is getting me more into SD and i always seem to like his segments. For Example he had a mysterio promo watchable. So technically i wouldn't say he's hot overall, but in my opinion he's is.

Enzo: I saw the Young Bucks vs. Kings of Wrestling too last week and i think they are building them up to challenege MCMG. They are great tag team, like i said eventually TNA is going to realize that. Not sure what Enzo is talking about. I say these guys are legit. They are young and jumped to the pro's for a reason. Pretty tough too, for being undersized. I used to hate these guys, but they've gained my respect.

StraightEdge: Nice list! I have to agree with those too! Fortune idk, but the rest are spot on.

Hernandez..i have to agree. Not sure if he's still wrestling in AAA.

Reaction score
It would really suck if TNA didn't have the foresight to not put Hernandez over Morgan because of his AAA obligations.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
NOT

* Hart Foundation 2.0 - They are just floating around week to week. No mic skills, and relying on their hart name. The Uso's are actually making more of an impact.

100% agreed. I didn't really like the Usos when they first came but I have really grown to like them and Tamina has really done a great job on the mic and in the ring. They grew on me pretty quick and I have zero interest in the Harts. If they didn't have the name, they would have probably been gone a while ago. It's great that the WWE is finally getting some tag team action going but they need the Harts to step up and make their half interesting. It's all about the Usuos.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Not

- Hollywood Heels. I'm really starting to grow tired of the Dolph Zigglers, the Cody Rhodes' (lesser evil), etc. It's necessary to have a few but I feel like there are just too many in wrestling right now and not too many other unique heels like Drew, Swagger, AJ, etc.

...god...

Reaction score
DREW IS UNIQUE? LMAO. Guy is a fucking carbon copy of Randy Orton. Look and in the ring. He cut his first actual good promo last night. Not really sure what you mean by "Hollywood" but Dashing mother fucking Cody Rhodes is like the best thing going right now as far as 'unique' and 'new' heels. If anything, Drew 'faggy' McIntyre is a 'hollywood', molded, generic heel.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I was really just trying to distinguish the the two types of heels. I like Dashing Cody Rhodes (hence why I said lesser evil) I just don't it's going to get him anywhere past a midcard title. The same goes for Morrison and Dolph. The flashy/super cocky/rockstar gimmicks are make destined midcard mainstays because after a while, how much do you really have to work with when it comes to promos or storylines.

...god...

Reaction score
So The Rock didn't have much to work with? Like the greatest superstar in wrestling history? Morrison is/was very similar to him and has/had it all. The gimmicks are perfect for getting over if done right, if Morrison was still a cocky heel playing that gimmick to the fullest I guarantee he'd be main eventing by now on SD. Ziggler is meh, he's just kinda there. And I don't see how you consider these guys in the same category but not Drew, who is the definition of your generic, cocky heel, like I just stated. And what heel won't be cocky? Look at your main event of heels now... Edge, Jericho, Miz? All of them are just cocky, arrogant assholes. They have other parts of their character, but so they do the guys you mentioned (aside from Morrison, who is a shitty one-dimensional face). Rhodes has the metrosexual thing, Morrison HAD The Rock phase shit going with the catch phrases, the entrance, etc. Dolph is pretty shitty, not sure what he's doing anymore, pretty much doing what Edge did and then Triple H before him, completely dropped the introducing himself thing (coulda played a guy with short term memory loss who just fucks up people and forgets he did it..). Drew has the "Chosen One" shit but he was handed his gimmick and everything and still fails with it.