Hot and Not in Pro Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Would you classify Alberto Del Rio with Rhodes and Ziggler. Personally I'd classify Rhodes and Ziggler as cool throwbacks.

Mister J

Reaction score
Hot

William Regal

Natalya's ass

Beer Money

MCMG

Doug Williams

Not

John Cena

Randy Orton

The Miz

Drew McIntyre

Michael Cole's commentary

AJ Styles

Big Rob Terry

straight_edge76

Reaction score
You have Doug Williams as a "Hot" whereas guys like The Miz and Orton, two of the hottest guys in the WWE currently as "Not's" yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Mister J

Reaction score
The Miz and Randy Orton are both overrated.

Montana

Reaction score
You have Doug Williams as a "Hot" whereas guys like The Miz and Orton, two of the hottest guys in the WWE currently as "Not's" yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Exactly! I guess everyone has their opinion.

Well, it's almost Oct. so here is mine!

HOT

Alberto Del Rio - This guy is ready for the big time. Fans love him or hate, and his character has so much depth to it. Probably the most ready for sucessful upon his debut since Brock Lesnar and CM Punk.

Randy Orton - The Viper. Not really sure what needs to be said, but his popularity right now is through the roof.

Chris Jericho - OK, the guy can't win the match, but people love to talk about this guy. Win or Loss, Jericho is a KEY part of the roster with HBK retired, HHH taking time off, and Batista gone.

CM Punk (The Announcer) - I still haven't heard it yet, but all i am hearing is great things!

Luke Warm

John Cena - With Cena not involved with the title, and just in a major fued, it makes his so much better! WWE is using him perfectly now, and he's been cutting some great promos, and adding some moves to his arsenal. The DROP KICK! Can't help to not mention him.

Kane - Holding the world championship nicely.

Homicide - Since being released by TNA, has had major returns to the Indys (ROH and Evolve)

Kyle O Reily - Ok, most probably have no clue who this guy is....But he is going to be a big deal in 3 years. He is one of the young shining stars of indy wrestling, and just signed a ROH contract, after establishing himself on Evolve shows, Dragon Gate show, and ROH pre shows. Very tough wrestler.

Brain Kendrick - I loved the Kendrick / Morgan segment. He gets props just for that.

Cold

Hart Foundation - These guys cannot get off my cold list! I like Tyson Kidd, but something needs to change here. MAYBE McIntyre and Rhodes can help these guys a little more but i don't know.

Ted Dibiase - I don't what the problem is here. This guy is super talented, but yet i find him very boring, and in boring fueds. Could it be Maryse???

Matt Hardy - This is a bad point in his career to be getting kicked off of tours.

Ink Inc - This is just a lame tag team.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
To name a few:

Hot:

Rob Van Dam and Abyss- Love this feud, and their last match on "The Whole F'n Show" was amazing.

Who are THEY?- I really wanna know this, so fricking bad lol. Its killing me.

The New Tag Champs, McIntyre and Rhodes- I really like their team, even though they seem to be an odd pairing. And aren't they defeated?

Del Rio- was about to put him in mid, due to both his first feuds already dieng, but since hes been impressive, why the hell not.

The X Division title- I like that it has actually been getting attention, even though Red never got to appear on TV with it.. -.-

Mid-

Christian- had a good feud and got injured, not his fault, but still.

EV2.0 and Fourtune- just hasn't seemed the same since EV lost so many guys and Fourtune stopped beating people down.

Hulk Hogan- the injuries have lost this guy major points

A possible Dixie/Bischoff feud?- did anyone else see how pissed off Dixie was when Bischoff overturned her decision of Angle/Hardy?

The RAW Gm- It would have been good if they told us about a month before this, but we still don't know who it is. sigh.

Bearer's return- love to see him return, but he still isn't that exciting

Cold:

Matt Hardy- im sure you all know why.

Alex Riley- hes Miz's slave now. yay.

Bret Hart- hasn't done anything since SummerSlam

Nexus- its falling fast, already kicked one guy out and lost another, and it looks to be the end of them come HIAC.

Axis

Reaction score
That's a bad list.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, i don't really feel there is anything HOT about TNA right now, which is sad with BFG so close. A lot of it has to do with just plain bad booking. The show is still somewhat entertaining, it's just too inconsisent. A guy gets a push, then vanished. RVD gets the belt, only to drop it. A lot of little things like that erk me.

Although I am liking Generation Me, The Pope and Brain Kendrick at the moment.

I do have to agree with your Mid and Cold picks.

Reaction score
Hot:

Undertaker/Kane storyline.

Nexus/Cena storyline.

Orton/Barrett storyline.

Michael Cole's gimmick.

10/10/10.

Not:

Angle/Hardy/Anderson storyline.

Abyss storyline.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Hot:
Randy Orton- The best thing, hands down about RAW right now, he is without a doubt the most over face in the WWE right now. His little program with Sheamus is imo pretty well done and I am curious to see what he does with the title after HIAC

The Miz- Next to Orton he is the best thing in the WWE right now. His feud with Bryan and factoring in Alex Riley is really awesome and is doing a lot to really put over Bryan to the WWE audience.

Alberto Del Rio- One of the only things worth watching about Smackdown these days. Monty put it best, he is ready for the big time. Period.

Kane- Carrying the World title nicely and he is making the feud with Taker as good as it is.

Wade Barrett/John Cena- I put them both as one because they imo need the other right now. I am glad that Cena is out of the title picture and is doing a lot to put over Nexus and more so Wade Barrett

Luke Warm

Drew McIntyre/Cody Rhodes- I am really loving this team, it may be a bit of a random pairing, but I really like the chemistry they have together and they are getting pretty damn good reactions.

Sheamus- I am curious to see what he does without the title after his feud with Orton runs it's course. Because right now it seems like he NEEDS the title to be relevant

Chris Jericho- I really like what he has been doing lately, with the repeated teases of his "retirement" and the little mini-feud with JoMo, good stuff.

GenMe- I am liking the angle with MCMG and they are really impressing me so far.

Not
The Hart Dynasty- What the hell are they doing? Seriously, I like the Harts and all but they have done a whole lot of nothing since winning the Tag titles.

Edge- He hasn't really had much of note the last few months, he just seems to be there.

Angle/Anderson/Hardy- It doesn't really feel like a main event type of feud to me

Ted DiBiase- I like him and his little character, but he isn't doing anything to really get me to care for me.

Reaction score
I have no clue what's going on in TNA so this is kinda limited...

Hot:
Orton -As much as I find him boring and repetitive, I can not ignore that he is the most over guy on the roster.

Miz- His match with Danielson was awesome and it wasn't because Dragon carried him, Miz did more than hold his own and showed that he is probably the most improved worker of the year. And really the only people who are even close to him on the mic right now are Punk and Jericho.

Cole- He's transformed from douche tool mode to full on dick heel. I haven't seen his NXT schtick, but heard good things, but he has indeed been awesome on Raw, though I will be really disappointed if he turns out to be the GM when he should really be the guy who starts the renaissance of heel managers.

Mild:
Morrison: Heating up.

Dragon - getting over on raw talent and will only get hotter. It would be nice to see he and Kaval be the guys to go at it when/if they decide to unify the IC/US straps.

Sheamus- should be a little hotter going into a HIAC for the WWE title, but he will get hotter once the slow burn on the Triple H feud gains pace.

Kane/Taker- This HIAC will be awful, this feud is running out of gas but I think these guys might be able to put on a better affair than Orton/Sheamus mainly because Orton doesn't do high spots and is bland as shit in the ring.

Cold:
Matt Hardy- GTFO. He's a drama queen, a mark for himself and boring. He should go to TNA so that way the young talent can experience everything he's bitching about in the E.

Chris Jericho- Poor, poor Jericho. He deserves a better send off, but he's such a fucking pro. If the business had more Jericho's, wrestling wouldn't be in the hole it's in.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Hot:

Orton (Could have held off a little longer with the title though),
Miz v Bryan,
Alberto Del Rio

Not:

TNA (only notable cos they are 2 weeks ago from their biggest show of the year),
Jericho's send off,
Sheamus losing the WWE title,
Christian's injury putting paid to his program with Del Rio.