Hogan begging for attention, AGAIN

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ajs

Reaction score
Hogan missed WM25 because of back surgery. I'm a T.N.A. fan....Hogan would bring in sponsers/sponserships would then bring in Money & Ratings!!!! A ton of W.W.E. wrestlers from, RAW to SMACKDOWN to E.C.W. would wanna leave / jump in a minute. Vince /W.W.E treats there wrestlers like garbage unless your a few top guys / gals. We need another Mondaynite War. Because of Mondaynite war. That made Vince/w.w.e. pay there wrestlers better & treat them alittle better. Look @ the big picture Hogan is wrestling!!!!The only person who could've been bigger was The Rock maybe Austin. Those guys are gone from wrestling. A True T.N.A. fan would want Hogan 2 bring in $$$$$$$$. I hate Kimbo Slice (but) its gonna help The Ultimate Fighter ratings & U.F.C. ratings. Thats what you gotta look @.

Reaction score
with all the surgery and hip replacement hogan can barely walk. he could be useful to tna as a commissioner or something in that vein and the ratings would improve imo. is hogan broke? that rumour won't go away.

Doc Brown

Reaction score
He also beat Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels without giving them their planned rematches for revenge, and defeated Triple H and noselled Undertaker when he was supposed to lose to him. And this is just in the modern era. I could make an argument about all the guys in the 80's and early 90's he snubbed like Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Ted Dibiase, Billy Kidman, Jeff Jarrett. ect.

I mean honestly for every guy he's put over you have an equal amount if not more guys that he has REFUSED to job to.

Hulk Hogan is my favorite wrestler of all time, no doubt. You can look back on my previous arguments with people on these boards defending Hogan from the detractors. But requesting a World Title match with Cena at Wrestlemania is ludicrous and shows how dillusional Hogan may really be if he thinks hes still a big enough draw to deserve world championship title shots still.

Ugh Triple H beat Hogan twice that summer so its not like Hogan didn't more than return the favor, and far as I'm concerned Triple H couldn't lace Hogans boots on his best day, Triple H is just a wannabe Hogan, trying so hard to make the fans care but getting no sold by the fans at all his sad attempts of trying to be like guys like Hogan and Flair. He did the job to Taker aswell. I mean for fucks sake he lost to 3/4 the roster that summer, yet people still cry and bitch that he lost to Sting who was so out of shape and screwed up on drugs (source: Stings Book) that he was just as responsible for that mess of a match.

Far as HBK, I'm glad, for once HBK got what he deserved for the all the bull shit he pulled not doing the job for anyone. Oh I hurt my knee, I lost my smile, really I'm big baby that wouldn't do the job.

MJ807

Reaction score
Hogan was on Bubba the Love Sponge show this morning and he said that if Vince offered he would go back to the WWE.

The Rated R CMStar

Ugh Triple H beat Hogan twice that summer so its not like Hogan didn't more than return the favor, and far as I'm concerned Triple H couldn't lace Hogans boots on his best day, Triple H is just a wannabe Hogan, trying so hard to make the fans care but getting no sold by the fans at all his sad attempts of trying to be like guys like Hogan and Flair

I don't remember Hogan jobbing to HHH, but I am not going to deny it happened. Then again, I do know none of them were in PPV and none of them were for the title and none of them made months of pushing come to a ridiculous hault.

As for the rest, are you trying to minimize Triple H just so that Hogan not jobbing to him is acceptable? Granted HHH is not on Austin's, Rock's or Hogan's level, but he's one echelon below...just like practically every other main eventer can get. To justify Hogan not jobbing to HHH or not having to job to HHH because he's not on his level is stupid, as nobody aside Rock and Austin is on that level.

Far as HBK, I'm glad, for once HBK got what he deserved for the all the bull shit he pulled not doing the job for anyone. Oh I hurt my knee, I lost my smile, really I'm big baby that wouldn't do the job

It was 2005, not 1997.

Oh, and really nice argument. How about Orton? How about Bret Hart? Kidman? Jarret? The fact that even in 2009 he wanted to be in the title match in Wrestlemania?

Airfixx

I don't remember Hogan jobbing to HHH, but I am not going to deny it happened.

First I ever heard of it too... Maybe Doc Brown would care to tell us when these two(!) time were?

Then again, I do know none of them were in PPV and none of them were for the title and none of them made months of pushing come to a ridiculous hault.

Indeed....

I wasn't watching Raw at the time but I've always wondered how Hogan 'got' that title shot coming off the back of a HUGE LOSS against Rock @ WM... Hogan winning the title at that specific time was fucking horrible.

Doc Brown

Reaction score
I will enlighten thee then.

June 6, 2002 - Smackdown!: Hull co-wins (with Triple) a battle royal for a title shot against Undertaker..
~~~Vince McMahon orders a match between the two to determine a true #1 Contender, Triple H defeats Hulk Hogan..
~~~Hogan congradulates Triple H right before the Undertaker & Kurt Angle attack both of them!

and the other one was around this same time.

Far as adressing Jarrett, and Kidman,I didn't know I was under sometype of obligation by sharing an opinion that I was supposed to respond to every Hogan loss or win.

Jarrett, or Russo's pet as some called him at the time, is nothing more than a mid carder that was pushed more than he ever should of been. I'm sure Hogan just like Austin who refused to work with Jarrett when he was champion, didn't want to lose clean, and put over some guy who plain simply wasn't as good as him.

Billy Kidman, no offense to anyone who likes the bland, boring, Billy Kidman, but the guy had all the oppurtunity in the world working with Hogan to display how great he was, but bottom line was Kidman, just didn't seize the oppurtunity to make the fans care enough to hate him after this was over. Winning or losing, for a low card cruiserweight, just working with Hogan was more than push. Any smart booker wouldn't have one of their biggest draws putting over a unproven low carder if he just couldn't seize the oppurtunity in front of him.

Orton we all know was pooping in bags, smoking weed, and getting wellness violations at this time, so to me its pretty obvious Orton beating Hogan was never even on the table, it was more a good program for Orton, but at the same time not winning was a punishment for his past actions. If you do recall, Orton feuded after this with Carlito, Morrison and others in the IC division. THere was never any rumors of a rematch between these to ever at that time, so somebody is just making stuff up.

Since when does it matter if you do a job on ppv or raw or smackdown? I thought losing was losing. Heck if its on Nitro or RAW 4 times as many people witness it.

Far as Hogan winning the title at Backlash, that was all Vince's decision. If you watched at the time you saw the WM 18 performance between hogan and the Rock which was beyond anyone's expectations. Then the next two weeks Hogans reactions from the crowd were bigger than anybody had seen ever before. 10 minute standing ovations, VInce felt he had no choice but to capitalize on Hogans Nostlagic popularity than to turn Hogan back to the red and yellow and put the title on him. Yes without a doubt the timing of Hogans return to the wwe killed the thunder of triple H's comeback, but nobody knew the fans were going to go ape shit to the level they did with hogan. So Vince just milked Hogan for all he was worth for those two months, and then they reset the booking. Yeah it sucked for Triple H, but nobody knew that it was going to go that way.

Airfixx

Far as Hogan winning the title at Backlash, that was all Vince's decision. If you watched at the time you saw the WM 18 performance between hogan and the Rock which was beyond anyone's expectations. Then the next two weeks Hogans reactions from the crowd were bigger than anybody had seen ever before. 10 minute standing ovations, VInce felt he had no choice but to capitalize on Hogans Nostlagic popularity than to turn Hogan back to the red and yellow and put the title on him. Yes without a doubt the timing of Hogans return to the wwe killed the thunder of triple H's comeback, but nobody knew the fans were going to go ape shit to the level they did with hogan. So Vince just milked Hogan for all he was worth for those two months, and then they reset the booking. Yeah it sucked for Triple H, but nobody knew that it was going to go that way.

I'm not condemning Hogan for winning nor am I speculating that he refused to job to HHH.

The sticking point for me is the lack of sense it made in kayfaybe for Hogan to even get that title shot... Austin had waged a succesful war against the rest of the NWO; in particular taking out Hall @ WM and Rock was hot off the heels of beating an 'Icon'... As I said, I wasn't watching WWE TV at the time - Did Hogan win some kind of contenders match against a big gun (on Raw or SD)?

Cheers for the hedz-up on the match... If you end up recalling the other please post again.

The Rated R CMStar

Far as adressing Jarrett, and Kidman,I didn't know I was under sometype of obligation by sharing an opinion that I was supposed to respond to every Hogan loss or win.

Jarrett, or Russo's pet as some called him at the time, is nothing more than a mid carder that was pushed more than he ever should of been. I'm sure Hogan just like Austin who refused to work with Jarrett when he was champion, didn't want to lose clean, and put over some guy who plain simply wasn't as good as him.

WCW didn't see it that way. For some reason, WCW saw Jarret as a main eventer, and it isn't to Hulk Hogan to decide or not who belongs in the main event with him. Also, judging by the reaction of the WCW crowd, they were more than ready for Jeff Jarret as a main event act, so the job was justified.

Billy Kidman, no offense to anyone who likes the bland, boring, Billy Kidman, but the guy had all the oppurtunity in the world working with Hogan to display how great he was, but bottom line was Kidman, just didn't seize the oppurtunity to make the fans care enough to hate him after this was over. Winning or losing, for a low card cruiserweight, just working with Hogan was more than push. Any smart booker wouldn't have one of their biggest draws putting over a unproven low carder if he just couldn't seize the oppurtunity in front of him.

I'll give you this one, however it was in a time were WCW were in an extreme need to make new main eventers, and they didn't capitalize on the push to Kidman.

Orton we all know was pooping in bags, smoking weed, and getting wellness violations at this time, so to me its pretty obvious Orton beating Hogan was never even on the table, it was more a good program for Orton, but at the same time not winning was a punishment for his past actions. If you do recall, Orton feuded after this with Carlito, Morrison and others in the IC division. THere was never any rumors of a rematch between these to ever at that time, so somebody is just making stuff up

It wasn't a good program, it hurt Randy Orton more than it helped him. Randy Orton wasn't a midcarder entering this program, and thanks to this program he was lowered to a feud with Carlito (no feud with Morrison or IC title BTW, after this we got Rated RKO). The feud was Orton cutting promo after promo on fake Hogans with an occational appearance by the real Hulkster to run him off, and then win the match at Summerslam. Also, as for his defeat being a punishment for his actions, if WWE indeed wanted to punish Randy Orton, he wouldn't had even gotten the feud.

Far as Hogan winning the title at Backlash, that was all Vince's decision. If you watched at the time you saw the WM 18 performance between hogan and the Rock which was beyond anyone's expectations. Then the next two weeks Hogans reactions from the crowd were bigger than anybody had seen ever before. 10 minute standing ovations, VInce felt he had no choice but to capitalize on Hogans Nostlagic popularity than to turn Hogan back to the red and yellow and put the title on him. Yes without a doubt the timing of Hogans return to the wwe killed the thunder of triple H's comeback, but nobody knew the fans were going to go ape shit to the level they did with hogan. So Vince just milked Hogan for all he was worth for those two months, and then they reset the booking. Yeah it sucked for Triple H, but nobody knew that it was going to go that way

This I'll have to agree with.

Since when does it matter if you do a job on ppv or raw or smackdown? I thought losing was losing. Heck if its on Nitro or RAW 4 times as many people witness it.

It matters, and it matters a lot. Any match happening in a PPV instantly has a higher level than if happening in Raw or Smackdown. The single fact that we remember Hogan vs HHH at Backlash but dont remember their encounters in Smackdown should tell you something. How many people were calling Y2J vs Hogan first time ever should it had happened at Wrestlemania? A LOT, ignoring this match happened at Smackdown. This besides the fact that matches on Raw and Smackdown asre usually just threw in there with no real reason, while PPV matches get build up, hence when you win it, it means more.

People remember more PPV matches than Raw/Smackdown matches, that's why if you do the job on a PPV, it's way bigger than on Raw/SD.

Anyways, just because I think I am coming in this argument the wrong way. By no means Hulk Hogan should be doing the job at every match he has or had. However, he has denied to the job at crucial points. Should Hogan do the job to Kidman, that would have given WCW a new main eventer in a point where they really needed new blood in the main event. Imagine how easier would it have been for Bret Hart should Hogan did the job? Same goes for Jarret.