Hip Hop/RAP Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;WDa9bwWrFsg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDa9bwWrFsg[/video]

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If anyone suggests I should like Lil' Wayne based off his undeserved fame then that's pretty atrocious thinking.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I honestly think Wayne should be a lot better than he is use a lot more subject matter in his songs rather than the lazy shit he does now and just fill his songs with pointless punchlines half the time to pass as being very lyrical.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Wayne has too meny yes men around him, telling him some of the shit he does is good.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
His labelmates, lol. Drake pretty much goes gay for the guy anytime he talks about him as if he is the greatest rapper there ever was which Drake actually believes when Wayne isn't the best rapper of his time. Biggest credit I'll give Wayne is that he is the hardest working rapper out who pretty much set this standard of work ethic that other artist are trying to follow but it's not equally quality.

Killswitch

Reaction score
[video=youtube;6IBptAEQgJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IBptAEQgJI[/video]

I will forever love this song defiantly one of Wiz Khalifa's best.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pittsburgh Sound still my favorite Wiz song but that is pretty good though. He's gotten pretty lazy with his subject matter and such ever since put out Black and Yellow.

Killswitch

Reaction score
He's turning into mainstream rap trying to make more like commercial hip hop or club songs instead of his old stuff that got him big in the first place.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Also doesn't help that he apparently stopped writing his rhymes and now tries to do the whole Biggie/Jay-z/Wayne thing with rapping off top of his head which pretty much killed his lyrical ability he had.

Dademo

Reaction score
He's turning into mainstream rap trying to make more like commercial hip hop or club songs instead of his old stuff that got him big in the first place.

I agree 100%.

I've recently become a Wale fan and I love his new album. I'm hopping on the Meek Mill bandwagon too.

Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) has really good lyrics too.

Killswitch

Reaction score
On Wale's Ambitions album I would say my favorite tracks are Focused, Ambition and DC Or Nothing. Kid Cudi killed that chorus.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
His labelmates, lol. Drake pretty much goes gay for the guy anytime he talks about him as if he is the greatest rapper there ever was which Drake actually believes when Wayne isn't the best rapper of his time. Biggest credit I'll give Wayne is that he is the hardest working rapper out who pretty much set this standard of work ethic that other artist are trying to follow but it's not equally quality.

I would put Tech N9ne over Wayne as far as work rate goes cause Tech does a lot of tours. Thats how he was getting his name out and getting his stuff out there. He had all those tours and then he also has quite a few discs out there. Yeah he isn't selling the millions like Wayne does... but Tech has the abilities that Wayne wishes he had. Wayne got lazy after Tha Block is Hot and he hasn't been the same since then.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I actually think Wayne was at his best on the carter 2 and some of his mixtapes personally. And by work ethic I don't just mean shows I mean features, his own music, the mixtapes, the shows, the videos which he did like 20 before he went into prison. Guy pretty much breaths music which is what I'll give him credit for. Only means so much though when a good amount of his songs he makes nowadays are pretty much about nothing.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Wayne sold his soul over money, and now he's basically whatever the media wants him to be. Wayne will never be a legend like Pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, maybe even Eminem. Unlike them, Wayne doesn't have any strong messages behind his music I'm not sayings it's sub par, but it's just not what hip-hop originally was. I'll give him props tho some of those metaphors he comes up with are sick, and that's what defines his name.