• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

High Octane Wrestling - The Present of Professional Wrestling

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date

PARANoIR

Carnage Feedback

I liked the opening video. Most definitely served its purpose, very nicely written indeed. I liked the line that featured Sabu, almost seemed like a little pot shot .

JR and Heyman on commentary is top notch. Should’ve had them introduce themselves though.

Foley opening the show is obviously the most logical decision. I need to make mention of the fact straight away that I don’t like him being referred to as the “General Managerâ€. That , to me anyway, is a WWE term and you should be looking to establish a different term for your authority figure, just to clearly differentiate yourself away from the WWE. Hope that makes sense. Foley seemed a little off for me, just didn’t seem in character. Quite generic tbh. Didn’t even have his regulatory cheap pop line, hyping the city they’re in. Orton’s arrival came very early, but it was a breath of fresh air though. I didn’t like that he had all the heat poured upon him, I would think at the very least he would get a mixed reaction, given the fact that we’re yet to establish if he’s a heel or face in HOW. Obviously once he begun speaking, it became very clear very quickly that he is indeed a heel. Ah, there’s the cheap pop eventually. I’m glad you got it in. Quite a short promo really, but I must admit I did enjoy the way you wrote Orton. You captured his character quite well, obviously he’s going to be on the end of a big push and you’re going to establish him as a major player and if you continue to write him in such a fashion, I think you’ll go well. He was very easy to visualise and the promo flowed nicely. I think the only thing/s wrong with this promo was Foley’s character at the beginning and the fact that it was a little short. I think it could’ve had a little more depth to it. Just more opinion, though.

Fatal Fourway to kick things off. Looks good on paper. Kennedy or Burchill are my picks for this one, probably Kennedy though. He’s one I think you need to build, quick. Okay, decent enough mate but I’m not sure about your recap style. What stanza of the match are you actually recapping? The whole thing? If so, that’d be disastrous. Sure enough, Kennedy gets the win. Right decision for mine, definitely has the most star power out of the four, so probably the right choice, the ending though was a clusterfuck. I got lost to be honest. I didn’t like the fact that Kennedy copped the C4 and then got up so fast (albeit with the use of the turnbuckle) and then managed to hit the Mic Check. The C4 is a move where people should just quite simply be dead after enduring it, not in a position to get up and win a title moments later.

Generic Hardy promo to be honest. He’s going to be a big player in this thread, how big will be determined. If he wins the Main Event, it’ll be apparent your serious about his push but I think Orton will go over, given the fact he’ll be your top heel for sure. If Orton loses tonight, you could seriously drop the ball on him.

Teaming Orton up with DiBiase and Rhodes would be a wise decision and one you should certainly endeavour to make.

So we have Londrick taking on Priceless. A good match on paper to be honest. Very familiar structure of the match with the faces looking quite strong for the most part before we get Harry Smith coming down to make the assist. You’ve done well on two bases here, you’ve made Londrick look quite strong, despite being defeated and you’ve made steps towards establishing a nice stable in HOW. The match itself was solid although at some stages the flow was hampered due to poor sentence structure. You managed to create a clear visualisation as to what was going down, so that worked in your favour but it didn’t flow all that smoothly in some stages, particularly the final paragraph. The main point of this match was the development of this new stable and potentially a program between them and Paul London and Brian Kendrick.

Come on now, a mixed reaction for Jericho? He’d get a big pop. Regardless of his allegiance in the WWE, he’d get a damn big pop in a new promotion. For instance, if he signed with TNA tomorrow IRL, he’d damn sure get a HUGE ovation when he arrived. Nice promo though, as Jericho quickly establishes his character. He’s obviously interfering in the Main Event, though.

I’ve just noticed that you’re doing ring intros. Props to ya, but in my mind, and others, they really aren’t necessary for a weekly show. By all means for a PPV, but I don’t think that add anything to a normal weekly show. Lol as soon as I saw that Sandman was taking on Jimmy Jacobs, there was always only one way for this match to go. Right decision to be honest. The ending was pretty fucking brutal to be honest, not sure how I feel about it. Maybe a little TOO brutal for a normal match, would’ve been a great finish to a big feud on PPV but I think this also establishes that the Hardcore Title means something to a few folks while it also entrenches Jacob’s as a feel, fucking up someone like the Sandman is always a good way to get a heel over.

Joe means business. Look out.

Damn you for jobbing out Noble. Don’t like Joe in the X Division, you certainly confirmed to us that Joe is a beast in this match. Not impressed that it had to be Noble that got sacrificed. Build Joe as a bad ass motherfucker and I’ll be happy.

Main Event time already? Back to back matches is a no no for me, but the fact that you’re up the Main Event is a tribute to how much time you’re giving your matches. I love that you’re focusing on actual wrestling reather than promos, but whether this continues for coming shows remains to be seen. The match itself was good and was booked with a degree of similarity about it to the Tag Team match earlier on. Jeff looked plenty strong but as expected, Orton picks up the win. Right decision made there mate. You’ve given Orton some momentum as well as begun hyping a feud between Jeff and Jericho. Good stuff.

Overall, an enjoyable first show. It had its flaws but they were minimal. Firstly, the fact we didn’t get to see Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Christian Cage and CM Punk is a travesty. I know you obviously didn’t wanna cram to much in, BUT, you need to showcase all your big guns on the first show. I learned that the hard way with my thread. Your match recaps are okay, little bit confusing, not quite sure in the manor of which you conduct your recaps. I think you’re briefly covering the whole match, but I’m not sure? Please clarify. You also need to work on your sentence structure and wording at various points. Now and again you’d use the wrong words in sentences and it would totally kill the flow of either the promo or the match. One more promo over the course of the show probably would’ve been advisable, but like I said, I love the fact that you’re show casing the actual in ring wrestling. Even the shortest match got a good amount of time. Other than that, (except the destruction of Jamie Noble) it was all good first show bud.

On a side note, lookings at your news, I think signing MVP would leave the roster way too stacked. It's already chockers, I think someone like MVP would be over kill.

Yep. Posted twice.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

1zmjc79.png

3rd January, 2009 | Results

Homicide w/ Hernandez and Konnan defeated Shelton Benjamin w/ Charlie Haas via Pinfall @ 8:16

In a match that had both men having a fair share of momentum, Homicide was able to pick up the win after Konnan distracted the referee and Homicide smashed Benjamin in the jaw with brass knuckles.

CM Punk defeated Alex Shelley w/ Chris Sabin via Pinfall @ 6:13

In an entertaining match, Punk was able to get the pinfall over Shelley after the GTS

John Morrison defeated Rhyno via Pinfall @ 9:52

After both men got the chance to show what they could do, Morrison picked up the win by avoiding the Gore, then rolling Rhyno up with a handful of tights for added leverage.

Austin Aries, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels defeated Low Ki, Raven and Tomko via Pinfall @ 14:32

In a match that had all six men show at least something, Aries, Styles and Daniels were able to pick up the win after Styles hit the Styles Clash on Ki and picked up the three

11hw2a0.png

January 8th, 2009 | Preview

After a big debut show for HOW last week, Carnage rolls into St Louis, Missouri this week with possibly an equally as big show on tap for us this week.

Last week we saw Mick Foley make the Main Event of Randy Orton vs Jeff Hardy, with the winner ‘going a long way to getting a shot at the title’. Will Foley reveal what he meant last week? Who else will have a chance to face Orton, whenever this title match may be?

In that very same Main Event, we saw Chris Jericho interfere, costing Jeff Hardy the match when Jericho’s music played. Will Y2J pay the price this week, with Jeff Hardy not only seething for revenge after that, but also after some stinging comments from Jericho, after Jeff had announced HOW as his new beginning? Or will Jericho somehow escape the fate that seems assigned to him and keep away from Jeff?

We saw the beginning of the X-Division Championship Tournament last week, as Samoa Joe defeated Jamie Noble. This week we bring you another X-Division match, as Austin Aries goes one on one with Low Ki in a First Round in the X-Division Championship Tournament. Both men are great wrestlers, so which will be able to pull through and pull out the win?

Last week we saw Jimmy Jacobs come out of his match with the Sandman as Extreme Champion, after what was in the end quite a disturbing match, with Jacobs stabbing Sandman in the head with a steel spike to pick up the win, before not only wiping Sandman’s blood across himself, but also across the Extreme Championship! This week we see a Tag Team Match in which four candidates for Jacobs’ next opponent will be featured, with Sabu and Rhyno teaming up to take on Abyss and Raven. Who will prove themself worthy of a shot at the gold in the future?

As well as this we see the tag division featured, as Team 3D take on the Motor City Machine Guns. Both teams will be hungrily looking for a win to raise their stock here in HOW.

All that and more, this week on Carnage!

Moonlight Drive

Morrison won, as I knew would happen. HOW Champion pl0x.

Interesting world title situation, I reckon it'll end up being some sort of multi-man match, anything from Triple Threat to Armageddon HIAC at this point, as there's lots of guys who haven't been on the show yet, mainly Angle, who could be in the title picture.

Austin Aries vs Low Ki
Give him the win or I choppa choppa yo pee pee

Sabu & Rhyno vs Abyss & Raven
Sabu & Rhyno are past it and suck, whilst Abyss can put on some crazy spots and Raven is just instant pwnage

Team 3D vs MCMG
Does this need an explanation?

seX-Power

Velocity looked like an alright show, and it just means nobody is left out, which is a good idea, something I use in my BTB.

Aries over Ki
3D over MCMG
Ravyss over Sabyno

Looks like a good show, I will most likely review but I am still waiting for a return review from the first episode of Carnage.

Qwake

Austin Aries Vs Low Ki

I personally like Aries more, he's one of my favourite wrestlers so I hope he wins, should be an entertaining recap to read to see what you have them do and everything. Would be good for Aries to make it to the finals of the X-Division tournament!

Sabu/Rhino Vs Raven/Abyss

All are probably my favourite hardcore wrestlers tbh, I am not sure who will win but I have a feeling Raven will get the pin since he's awesome and I am pretty sure you think that too. I don't really mind who wins but having Raven feud with Jacobs and then them joining forces would be pretty cool. Should be good and whoever goes on to face Jacobs shall be awesome imo (more so Sabu and Raven).

Team 3D Vs MCMG

This should be a good way to get the tag teams in HOW flowing better and the winner of this will start their HOW career off nicely. Most guys like MCMG as do I, so I think they will pick up the win or else you will fool everyone and make 3D win just to screw with our heads :p Should help build the teams up anyways.

The show looks to be good, some good matches their even if they are recapped and Y2J/Hardy should be entertaining to read. The Mick Foley thing should be interesting, I wonder what he was meaning. The show looks good and the Velocity results were good, I like LAX being heel and with Konnan, Morrison is going to be built up well by the looks of things, Punk also looks as though he could be getting a push. The team of Aries, Styles and Daniels is awesome, their match would have been good to read or watch. I'll check out your next show!

THE Renegade Diesel

Austin Aries Vs Low Ki
I think both are great light wrestlers, and can put up great matches. I see Low Ki winning it though, only to get eliminated in his next round. This match should be exceptional though, and should be a good filler.

Sabu/Rhino Vs Raven/Abyss
A suprise win here, and I see Sabu, and Rhino putting up a good number one contenders match the next show. Jacobs versus Sabu would be awesome. This match should be alright. All the wrestlers are extremists though. I'd like to see how you pull off a clean match with them.

Team 3D Vs MCMG
Push the boys to the sky man. I love them two, and I can't wait to see what roles they play in HOW.

I just finished reading the backstory, which was quite good. A little unrealistic, as I doubt Raven has all these connections where he can get financial backing, and so. Though it does pretty much tie in together. I like the roster, but you somwhat always have the same roster. Sure nine people tops wouldn't make it onto the next project but its always kind of the same kinds of themes I guess. NEW, and WWE BTTF were the most exotic lol. One thing I disliked about the roster, was the ending. I don't see as to why you would hint the championship reigns or whatever. Some people like it, but I for one, didn't. The multiple titles are cool, and different I guess. So is the two shows one roster bid. Although, I see this as nothing more but a dark show. I skimmed through the last show, and read most promos. The matches were alright, and I'm pretty sure what three way feud is going to happen. Spoilers do deserve to die though :smh @ the backstory's end. I will try to stay in synche with this BTB, and come by weekly. Good luck Bicep. I love your work dude. BTW, the sig maker says he will try to do so, but he's off the computer more often, since he took a trip to the wilderness, or something so he's outdoors more. I'll try, and pressure him to do it one of these days.

Beer

Austin Aries vs Low Ki
Wow! This will be a hell of a match. These two have quite similar styles, although Low Ki has the high flyer advantage. Aries is better than Ki at brawling. I am going to go with Austin Aries, tbh. Why? Aries has more charisma, imo.

Sabu & Rhyno vs Abyss & Raven
Hmmm..... This is a difficult one. I can see this going three ways. Sabu and Rhyno just getting the win. Abyss and Raven getting the win. Or, Abyss and Raven getting DQ'ed, using there sadistic side, and beating up Sabu and Rhyno.

Team 3D vs MCMG
Easy this one. MCMG win, Team 3D don't like it, hooray, a feud!